"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for future planning purposes

I think once you enter the park it's easier to go through the Bypass then get your SotMK and move onto your FP however, if you have an earlier FP 3:15-4:15 I recommend go directly to the ride.
The Bypass stays open until 8pm. Bags, packaged treats and Party wristbands can be picked up at Wristband Distribution locations in the park. Sorcerer card can be picked up at Guest Services past midnight.

First year I’m not at all excited for our party bc of all the crowd reports. We’ve always gone to sold out parties, but still got plenty done.

we go the 29th.
I think our goal is going to be (not in order yet):

-J&S (we are dvc so we’ll get bands and line up as early as they let us)
-Lotso
-Gravediggers
-Tea Cups
-Jack and Sally push up desserts
-Parade
-Fireworks
-ToT
-Couple photopass pictures
-Mickey on the way out at the end of the night

I did the party pass, I wondered if I had made a mistake, but, it turned out to be a good thing, only if you have a stay that includes more than four parties, I had seven during my trip.
I was attended the first three parties of my trip, but, I didn't race around like I normally did, so I did more rides, characters etc. After that I had broken even, so I just popped into parties for a couple of hours, although on two nights I did only plan to stay an hour or two I ended staying much longer. I decided to do one long wait for a character per night and that worked for me, however am I right in thinking there were a lot less characters this year.
Anyway, if you love the parties then think about doing the party pass.

I am hoping someone can add a picture showing where the bypass is? The last MNSSHP party we went to was in 2013, before they did the bypass. Is it behind the Main Street buildings on the Plaza side, or does it not go backstage? TIA

I am hoping someone can add a picture showing where the bypass is? The last MNSSHP party we went to was in 2013, before they did the bypass. Is it behind the Main Street buildings on the Plaza side, or does it not go backstage? TIA

Crude visual, but it’s the pink line in the right below. Yes, it’s “behind” the Main Street buildings on the Plaza side:
Plaza East and West Garden Labeled Aerial.jpg

-parade! Constance was a fantastic addition, the Tomorrowland floats...meh. We got our spot at 8:45 (right across from the liberty square popcorn cart) and lucked into one open spot right at the tape. Didn’t actually turn out so great cause a CM stood right in our sight line but hey, still a fun parade. :) HUGE crowds for the first parade - 4 or 5 people deep

I am looking at this thread for the first time since our quick weekend trip for the first MNSSHP and the GE passholder preview, and so I just read this post. (after we get back from a trip and don't have others planned I'm often just not in the mood for the dis, so I let the threads I follow slide. Now we actually planned 2 upcoming trips, so I'm catching up on how things are going lol). We also watched the first parade that night and were up also against the rope right across from the LS popcorn cart, and we got there right about 8:45! We must have been practically beside you :-) .

BTW I agree with most of your post, except we did do the Terrace fireworks party just to be sure we could see the fireworks. We also missed the POTC overlay, I wasn't impressed last year but would have liked to try again this year. It was our arrival day and our youngest was just too pooped, we didn't make it until MN.

Crude visual, but it’s the pink line in the right below. Yes, it’s “behind” the Main Street buildings on the Plaza side:

Plaza East and West Garden Labeled Aerial.jpg

THANK YOU! That's what I was thinking but wanted to be sure. I haven't been backstage since I was a CM in 1995, and think it is so odd that it's now just party of the party night... o_O

THANK YOU! That's what I was thinking but wanted to be sure. I haven't been backstage since I was a CM in 1995, and think it is so odd that it's now just party of the party night... o_O

Lol! That’s too funny. They’ve spruced things up back there (a bit) vs what it was like a few years ago. It’s at least half-way/quasi-passable as being on-stage.... or at least not blatantly backstage looking! :goodvibes

Not sure if this change has been posted here:
Beginning Thursday, Oct. 10, the wristband distribution location at Tortuga Tavern will move to A Pirate’s Adventure ~ Treasure of the Seven Seas in Adventureland. Guests who are already in the park may also visit Fantasy Faire in Fantasyland or Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor to pick up their wristbands for the event.

Lol! That’s too funny. They’ve spruced things up back there (a bit) vs what it was like a few years ago. It’s at least half-way/quasi-passable as being on-stage.... or at least not blatantly backstage looking! :goodvibes
It was really just the boxy backside of the buildings, the CM cafeteria and lots of trucks/golf carts from what I remember. The nerd in me will enjoy being ‘backstage’ again if even for a little bit.:laughing:

I did the party pass, I wondered if I had made a mistake, but, it turned out to be a good thing, only if you have a stay that includes more than four parties, I had seven during my trip.
I was attended the first three parties of my trip, but, I didn't race around like I normally did, so I did more rides, characters etc. After that I had broken even, so I just popped into parties for a couple of hours, although on two nights I did only plan to stay an hour or two I ended staying much longer. I decided to do one long wait for a character per night and that worked for me, however am I right in thinking there were a lot less characters this year.
Anyway, if you love the parties then think about doing the party pass.

We had planned on 3 parties during our trip later this month, and the pass was cheaper than what we had paid for the 3 parties individually, so we bought it. Now we can go to a 4th party also! (only night we're missing is Halloween night, which we weren't planning on anyway)

I need your help fellow MNSSHP fans!

So, we have done both the halloween and christmas parties a few times, with and without kids, but this is the first time we want to meet Jack and Sally (met them in Disneyland a few years ago, but this time, our oldest son really wants to meet them). I know we are going to do this first thing in our party, heading to their M&G location at 4PM. But, if we are in MK before that (it will depend on the kid's nap), is that correct that we can get in line and have our party wristband distributed while we wait. I'm not sure if I get that information correctly from the first post of this thread.

Also, is that correct that Donald with Daisy and Minnie are now one line? You meet Donald and Daisy first, and then Minnie? I saw a twitter post for that, but maybe it was during a rainy party...

Thanks in advance!
The answer to your first question is absolutely yes, if in their line before 4 you’ll get your band there.
Unfortunately I don’t know the answer to your second question, so hopefully someone else here does.

So we attended the 10/8 sold out party. It was our first party ever and it was the centerpiece of a short trip to WDW so I consumed this thread and other info to plan. It was a success and we had a great time despite the crowd levels being a slight step above any I've had to deal with at MK.

To help people facing similar parties tonight and tomorrow, here are some tips I used and these are mostly regurgitated from other posts in this giant thread:
  • Have a plan - most people suggest having your priorities figured out, I'd say go a step further and have a touring plan-esque timeline for the evening. I broke our 8 hours of party down to 30 minutes blocks and assigned one activity to each. I also mapped out our route on a party map scan and had that with me. We were able to stick to the plan with minimal effort and only missed out on two rides.
  • Avoid the hub - after leaving the bypass wave goodbye to the partner statue and don't come back until fireworks.
  • Take a break - might be heresy but we took a ~45 minute break around 9pm after doing rides and trick or treating, right before heading back into the firework & parade crowds and it definitely helped.
  • Candy - our bags were mostly full (or at least as much as we were willing to lug around the rest of the night) after just 5 stops - definitely didn't experience any stingy CMs.
  • Wait times - ride wait times lull slightly around 6:30pm to 7:30pm then bounce back up for a bit until later.
  • Parade - even with the sold out crowds, there are still great front row spots free just 15 minutes before the second parade in Frontierland (we went straight from fireworks, to PotC then found a front row spot across from Pecos).
Good luck, and you'll have a great time!

I am looking at this thread for the first time since our quick weekend trip for the first MNSSHP and the GE passholder preview, and so I just read this post. (after we get back from a trip and don't have others planned I'm often just not in the mood for the dis, so I let the threads I follow slide. Now we actually planned 2 upcoming trips, so I'm catching up on how things are going lol). We also watched the first parade that night and were up also against the rope right across from the LS popcorn cart, and we got there right about 8:45! We must have been practically beside you :-) .

BTW I agree with most of your post, except we did do the Terrace fireworks party just to be sure we could see the fireworks. We also missed the POTC overlay, I wasn't impressed last year but would have liked to try again this year. It was our arrival day and our youngest was just too pooped, we didn't make it until MN.

Oh wow! Maybe! To our right was a group with an ECV right up against the tape, and on our left was the break for the path (like, by the waterfountains a bit?) How fun!

(and you are not the only one who has let threads slide...life gets crazy!!)

I need your help fellow MNSSHP fans!

So, we have done both the halloween and christmas parties a few times, with and without kids, but this is the first time we want to meet Jack and Sally (met them in Disneyland a few years ago, but this time, our oldest son really wants to meet them). I know we are going to do this first thing in our party, heading to their M&G location at 4PM. But, if we are in MK before that (it will depend on the kid's nap), is that correct that we can get in line and have our party wristband distributed while we wait. I'm not sure if I get that information correctly from the first post of this thread.

Also, is that correct that Donald with Daisy and Minnie are now one line? You meet Donald and Daisy first, and then Minnie? I saw a twitter post for that, but maybe it was during a rainy party...

Thanks in advance!

I experienced both of your questions at our party this past Tuesday.

When you enter the Jack and Sally line they will give you a wristband after they scan your party ticket (magic band). We entered the line at 3:30 and got our party wristbands.

Yes, they all meet together in the Dumbo circus tent that houses the Dumbo playground. You meet Minnie first then Donald with Daisy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter