"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been to wdw 10 times, heading there 11/18-11/22 and the mvmcp 11/21. 1st xmastime trip was 2014 (WL) which was when my beloved mom had been diagnosed w/pancreatic cancer and INSISTED I not cancel our trip, as Id never been able to go to wdw during the holidays due to work and she was soooo kind. At the mvmcp parade, I was doing ok until a lady next to me held up her Ipad and I could see she was streaming the parade to HER terminal mother. I lost it!!! Didnt go back to wdw until 2016 (POR) for my 25th wedding anniversary...during Hurricane Hermine, lol!!! Now we are taking our now-adult kids to celebrate the 15th anniversary of our 1st family wdw trip and my 50th birthday. Was afraid to book mvmcp but my hubby wants to "see those cool tin soldiers"! Since 2014, also lost my dad,too...but Im excited for this and wish all a good trip!!!

We went to Disney for Halloween in 2017 a week after my dad died. We considered canceling our trip, but decided it would be good for our family. I did well until the HEA fireworks. It was fairly new and the first time we'd seen it. Then the tears started flowing. It was hard, but we still had a nice trip. I wish you and your family the best, and hope you make wonderful new memories!

So, a bit of mixed history. In 2017 (first year of HEA), they ran HEA every night post MVMCP (excluding 12/30 & 12/31 special NYE shows), which was a change from prior years where they ran Holiday Wishes during that time (like you experienced in 2014). In 2018, they switched back to running Holiday Wishes those two weeks.

I’m going to “guess” they’ll run the new holiday fireworks show this year, BUT we don’t know that yet... so stay tuned.

I just saw a post from D23 and it says that after MVMCP it will run nightly Dec 23-29 :)
So it looks like this year they will be doing that. I was hoping to see the new Christmas fireworks for the upcoming trip so it looks like we will!

I just saw a post from D23 and it says that after MVMCP it will run nightly Dec 23-29 :)
So it looks like this year they will be doing that. I was hoping to see the new Christmas fireworks for the upcoming trip so it looks like we will!

Cool, thanks for letting us know!

We went to Disney for Halloween in 2017 a week after my dad died. We considered canceling our trip, but decided it would be good for our family. I did well until the HEA fireworks. It was fairly new and the first time we'd seen it. Then the tears started flowing. It was hard, but we still had a nice trip. I wish you and your family the best, and hope you make wonderful new memories!
Thank you! Ive had a love of wdw since my first trip as a kid in 1976 with my Grandparents.Sorry for the loss of your dad, it is so tough.I miss my parents EVERY day.Both were a YOUNG (acting) 75 when they passed.Dad never recovered from losing mom.The 2014 trip was a lifelong dream and I wanted to cancel,but my mom was so adamant! When I saw the lady streaming the mvmcp for her sick mom, gwaaa....thanks for your kind words!

Thank you! Ive had a love of wdw since my first trip as a kid in 1976 with my Grandparents.Sorry for the loss of your dad, it is so tough.I miss my parents EVERY day.Both were a YOUNG (acting) 75 when they passed.Dad never recovered from losing mom.The 2014 trip was a lifelong dream and I wanted to cancel,but my mom was so adamant! When I saw the lady streaming the mvmcp for her sick mom, gwaaa....thanks for your kind words!
I don't think you ever get over losing a parent, but time does make it easier. My parents took us to WDW for my first visit in 1980. I was young, but I still remember it. I hope that one day my children will look back on our Disney days together just as fondly as I do! I have no doubt going at Christmas time will be a special time for your family. I know I love all the decorations and the atmosphere. I'm looking forward to the new fireworks, although I've only seen the old ones once. So I probably won't really notice the difference! Ha!

I can't seem to find this info on Disney.com but do you get to enter the park before the official start time? I think I heard 3 or 4 hours before? I know someone here posted DVC members can get it 2 but wondering about the non DVC member's.

I can't seem to find this info on Disney.com but do you get to enter the park before the official start time? I think I heard 3 or 4 hours before? I know someone here posted DVC members can get it 2 but wondering about the non DVC member's.
I believe we were able to get in at 4:00.

Correct.
4 pm with only a party ricket
2 pm for DVC blue card members with only a party ticket
APs and those with day tickets can enter whenever
Thanks trying to figure out my ADR’s. Guess it will be a late lunch for us.

Count us in! We bought our tickets this morning for the Dec 15th party. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it won't be packed and we can ride everything.

It's still not showing in my MDE plans. Will it eventually show up or do I need to call to have the tickets attached?

Count us in! We bought our tickets this morning for the Dec 15th party. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it won't be packed and we can ride everything.

It's still not showing in my MDE plans. Will it eventually show up or do I need to call to have the tickets attached?
Did you buy online or on phone? You should have the ticket numbers you can link

I bought online. It did give me a ticket number but when I went to add it to MDE I thought maybe that was for park tickets only.
I'm going to use that number right now and see what happens.
Thank you! 😁

Well, success I guess? I was able to attach the 4 party tickets. They show under the tickets but not in the plans.
But now only 1 of our 4 park tickets are showing.
*sigh*
Somehow, this doesn't surprise me. Lol

Well, success I guess? I was able to attach the 4 party tickets. They show under the tickets but not in the plans.
*sigh*
I'm having the same issue - I have 2 missing park tickets. Christmas party tickets are showing. They all showed up last week. NOTE: today was the day to do my ADR's and while I had a travel agent make my reservations - he said he had issues with teh site and had to call in the rest of my reservations.

*sigh*

Just FYI, when you buy party tickets, they only show up under tickets, it won’t show anything under your plans (unless you manually add a note about it).

The missing tickets sounds like a glitch. It happens....lol!

Just FYI, when you buy party tickets, they only show up under tickets, it won’t show anything under your plans (unless you manually add a note about it).

The missing tickets sounds like a glitch. It happens....lol!
Thank you for letting me know that. I'll manually add them to our plan 😊

I’m really on the fence about this party. We will be there 12/15-22 and the last time we went during the holiday season was 10 years ago and the party was a bit lame at that time. We LOVE MNSSHP and would go every night if we could but this party under impressed us.

Why do you all love it if I may ask? Like I said, it’s been a decade and my then 8 year old will be just shy of 19 this trip.

Why do you all love it if I may ask? Like I said, it’s been a decade and my then 8 year old will be just shy of 19 this trip.

For me, the parade, the fireworks, low/no ride waits (for many, not all, rides), and the overall Christmas vibe. The new fireworks show this year could be interesting (I only hope it’s as good as Holiday Wishes).

Whether all of that is “worth it” is debatable for sure. I personally feel a higher “worth it” factor for MNSSHP, but we enjoy MVMCP as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter