"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering MVMCP for Dec 8, but really worried about the crowd level, expecting Pop Warner attendees to be there in full force. How worried should I be??

So curious what people do for dinner at MVMCP? We’re a family of 4: myself, DH and a 3 and 5 year old. We’re DVC so planning on entering at 2pm for the party. What should we do for dinner? I don’t want to waste valuable party time but DH will want to sit down for a meal. Party priorities for us are rides, castle lighting and parades.

We generally eat an earlier dinner (around 3pm) on party night and have considered all of the below to be successful:
- Eat at Whispering Canyon Cafe, then take the boat to MK to arrive around 3:30-4pm
- Eat at our resort before heading to MK
- Eat in MK at Liberty Tree Tavern around 2:30-3:00pm
- Eat in MK at Be Our Guest around 2:30-3:00

We generally eat an earlier dinner (around 3pm) on party night and have considered all of the below to be successful:
- Eat at Whispering Canyon Cafe, then take the boat to MK to arrive around 3:30-4pm

Are you able to enter MK early with a LTT reservation?

Thoughts and considerations on Tuesday November 12th (our first full day) vs Tuesday November 19th (our last full day?). Any pros/cons to one over another? We have 1) Never been to Disneyworld and of course it follows, never done this party. We are West Coast Disneyland pros lol.
I would book the party on the 12th. It’s a lot of fun! Then, if you love it, you can consider going to it twice!

Since they’re dvc, they can get into the party at 2pm. Everyone else with party tickets can get in at 4.

Really? I thought it was limited tickets and limited lines?
In all of the Halloween and Xmas parties I’ve been to, the crowds have been on Main Street for the parades and fireworks. The lines are never too bad. Really the only line that gets long is for the 7DMR. The character lines get long too. Ride lines are generally fine.

So I got my ticket for 11/8 and now I’m wondering about the dessert party for the fireworks given this is likely to be a sellout crowd and a new show relying heavily on projections. Do you think it would eat too much into party time?

May be mixing up people but is this a solo or small group trip for you? With 1-2 people, it's easy enough to wedge into the Hub when needed, generally speaking. Granted, 11/8 is the first party and everyone and their brother (and their brother's sister's aunt who has a blog) will be there to film/see the new show, so planning ahead is prudent. I tend to lean on the dessert party being a splurgy thing to do that really isn't all that needed for a typical party.

I do think you can "manage" how much the dessert party eats into party time - you can arrive at the dessert party area late, eat quickly, etc. No need to spend 1.5 hours eating, unless that's what one wants to do.

Hope that helps!

I don't think the fireworks are actually on the WDW calendar yet for Christmas week, but the various dessert party times imply it will be 10pm - as they were last year. So to me 10pm seems a safe bet.

BTW, 99% chance MK closing gets extended later every day that week, although that won't change the 10pm fireworks time.
Correct, they aren’t on the WDW calendar yet. Hence my checking this thread! One of the first posts has them listed at 10 pm so going with that for now. Thanks! Also hoping hours get extended that week. 10 pm during Christmas week seems a bit conservative.

Does anyone have any good ideas on how to surprise my daughters (11 & 9) with MVMCP? They know we are going to Disney for a super short stay as part of a thanksgiving trip to my MIL’s house in the Villages. My husband and I haven’t told them about the party yet. We were going to wait until we check in and get settled before telling them. I am trying to figure out a creative way to tell them about the party. I already purchased some Christmas Minnie ears from Etsy, but that is as far as I have gotten.

May be mixing up people but is this a solo or small group trip for you? With 1-2 people, it's easy enough to wedge into the Hub when needed, generally speaking. Granted, 11/8 is the first party and everyone and their brother (and their brother's sister's aunt who has a blog) will be there to film/see the new show, so planning ahead is prudent. I tend to lean on the dessert party being a splurgy thing to do that really isn't all that needed for a typical party.

I do think you can "manage" how much the dessert party eats into party time - you can arrive at the dessert party area late, eat quickly, etc. No need to spend 1.5 hours eating, unless that's what one wants to do.

Hope that helps!

Thanks! I’m going solo, so it’s not too much of a splurge. Normally I wouldn’t mind just trying to skip through the hub crowd, but I’m concerned about the vlogger/blogger influx since it’s the first night.

Considering MVMCP for Dec 8, but really worried about the crowd level, expecting Pop Warner attendees to be there in full force. How worried should I be??

I really wouldn’t worry about it. I did 3 years ago and barely noticed lots of college kids. Perhaps because I was prepared for it.

As a PP pointed out though please don’t think the parties are that quiet, Disney have been overselling them for years! Just want you to be prepared for that if you haven’t attended before.

Thanks! I’m going solo, so it’s not too much of a splurge. Normally I wouldn’t mind just trying to skip through the hub crowd, but I’m concerned about the vlogger/blogger influx since it’s the first night.

Well, blogger influence may impact the dessert party too. 8-)

FWIW, I always say I won’t do the dessert party during MNSSHP or MVMCP again, but I’m sitting here with one booked for MNSSHP coming up.... so figure that one out. Lol... have fun, whatever you decide.

Something fishy is going on with the dessert parties....during my morning check I noticed 11/24 now said “no tables available” instead of “we are unable to check for tables at this time” which I was hoping meant something had changed in the system....but now not only do all December dates show sold out, but all the November dates do, too (which they weren’t previously as I always test check a handful of dates when I do my daily search). And I’ve read people are having trouble booking HEA parties in Jan/Feb as well. I know a price increase was recently announced, but wondering if they are changing something else now?! :confused3 Come on Disney, let me give you my money!!!!!

I keep watching for November 24 too. I'm about ready to give up and do some other special add-on. It would have been nice, but we will still have a great time!

I am going solo also but to the second party. Worried about crowds since it is a holiday. I am also doing the dessert party ( plaza ) . I am going to try and go with @GADisneyDad14 idea of not spending too much time at the party but mostly taking advantage for the viewing with the bonus of trying some of the holiday treats .

I am going solo also but to the second party. Worried about crowds since it is a holiday. I am also doing the dessert party ( plaza ) . I am going to try and go with @GADisneyDad14 idea of not spending too much time at the party but mostly taking advantage for the viewing with the bonus of trying some of the holiday treats .

I’ve done the regular HEA dessert party a couple of times now, once with my gf and once solo and that’s basically how I treated it. I call it a convenience fee lol. But we don’t have to pay for a whole family either.

Considering this, think I’m gonna do the dessert party tbh. Even if it is impacted by the blogger crowd it’ll still be less crowded than out in the hub, and I’ll just show up later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter