"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got tickets for Dec. 15th, thats about the date we go every year. Early dinner at LTT, then we check the merch. Last year same date was ridicuolously crowded, snack lines were sooooo long! We'll just do what we do every year: meander where we want to go, relax, and enjoy the general splendor. We don't do meet & greets. We'll ride some rides, eat some snacks, see the parade & fireworks, and spend the rest at club tinsel dancing with my family. My boys are adults now - and we still spend a couple hours at Club Tinsel every party, lol. Dance club in the MK!!!!!!!! Happy holidays everyone!

So are all of the dessert parties really sold out for every date or is there a problem booking them? I am trying to decide if I want to do the party or not and knowing I can book a dessert party would really help!

So are all of the dessert parties really sold out for every date or is there a problem booking them? I am trying to decide if I want to do the party or not and knowing I can book a dessert party would really help!
There have been issues since they were first “released” from what I have gathered. I *think* the terrace party might have been available for the entire time, so possibly it is sold out, but I’m not even sure about that. I think that the garden party either never or only briefly opened up for the Dec dates, but I think it opened up for many dates in November as usual. I was looking for early December, I didn’t look until a couple of weeks ago, and both parties showed no availability so I came to the boards and found out it’s all messed up and no one knows what’s going on. So I booked Tony’s party instead, since we had been debating.

As I mentioned a few posts ago, I checked every single date for the garden and none came out. I do not know if that meant sold, or just not open yet. I checked most terrace dates, and didn't see anything either.

Just booked the 12/22 party for my family - that night is our only option. As soon as I saw here that this date was no longer available on UT, I figured I had better book right away to avoid an early sellout. Looking forward to reading about everyone's experiences here!

I'm looking to book for Dec 10th but there is no "buy ticket" option on the MDE page. Does this mean that it's sold out now?

Just booked the 12/22 party for my family - that night is our only option. As soon as I saw here that this date was no longer available on UT, I figured I had better book right away to avoid an early sellout. Looking forward to reading about everyone's experiences here!
UT had the date available we were contemplating a couple days ago...I was hesitating, so didn’t book...finally decided to do it, went on UT today and they are sold out that date, so I quickly went and bought through Disney! Would have saved me about $50 through UT if I hadn’t been so indecisive! I am thinking this date is gonna be a sellout too...11/24. Wasn’t offered last year.

I'm looking to book for Dec 10th but there is no "buy ticket" option on the MDE page. Does this mean that it's sold out now?

I didn't go through with the transaction, but I can see it/add it to the cart as usual. Maybe try signing out/signing back in, an Incognito/Private browser, etc.

I didn't go through with the transaction, but I can see it/add it to the cart as usual. Maybe try signing out/signing back in, an Incognito/Private browser, etc.
I've signed in and out a few times now, refreshed page too countless times, I get all the info but no where to buy ticket. All the extra food/dining options show no availability also.

Is there any kind of HEA viewing party for non- mvmcp days? I’m looking for 12/21 but don’t see anything. I don’t know if I’m missing it.

Is there any kind of HEA viewing party for non- mvmcp days? I’m looking for 12/21 but don’t see anything. I don’t know if I’m missing it.

You mean like a dessert party? MK has three versions on a regular/non-party night:

Fireworks Dessert Party with Plaza Garden Viewing - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...d-terrace-fireworks-dessert-party-plaza-view/

Magic Kingdom After-Fireworks Dessert Party - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...owland-terrace-after-fireworks-dessert-party/

Fireworks Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/tomorrowland-terrace-fireworks-dessert-party/

We are going to the MVMCP on 12/22 - myself and 2 teens. Any suggestions on a fireworks viewing area that is good but doesn't have to be super - hoping to find a decent spot for viewing that isn't going to be bonkers crowded...or am I just kidding myself because it's the last party date :santa: Does it make sense to watch the fireworks and then try to watch the last parade or will it be too crowded to move locations? TIA!

Hey Party People! December 3rd party goer here. Going to brave it with my soon to be 18 year old daughter just she & I.

I've tried to read up for an answer or 2 to my question but truthfully I get overloaded with other great info and start reading on unrelated topics so I apologize if this is like asked over and over in the beginning somewhere ....

Who has done the Tony's Christmas add on to the party? Did you like it? Would you do it again or recommend it?

I appreciate your help and input.

Side note: if any other parents are solo with a teen on Dec 3rd and want to meet up... I'd love that!

Hey Party People! December 3rd party goer here. Going to brave it with my soon to be 18 year old daughter just she & I.

I've tried to read up for an answer or 2 to my question but truthfully I get overloaded with other great info and start reading on unrelated topics so I apologize if this is like asked over and over in the beginning somewhere ....

Who has done the Tony's Christmas add on to the party? Did you like it? Would you do it again or recommend it?

I appreciate your help and input.

Side note: if any other parents are solo with a teen on Dec 3rd and want to meet up... I'd love that!

I haven't done it but do have it for the Friday party of that week. Reviews are mostly mixed on food, from OK regarding cold apps & desserts to disappointing regarding the hot apps. Value comes from VIP parade viewing & all-you-care-to-drink. If the parade with main street viewing is a must-do it's worthwhile to consider. Keep in mind while a pro of the party is that you can go in and out freely, the con is it's near the entrance so you spend a lot of time getting to other places. I have seen many people say "never again" but just as many say "the vip view alone is worth it".

I haven't done it but do have it for the Friday party of that week. Reviews are mostly mixed on food, from OK regarding cold apps & desserts to disappointing regarding the hot apps. Value comes from VIP parade viewing & all-you-care-to-drink. If the parade with main street viewing is a must-do it's worthwhile to consider. Keep in mind while a pro of the party is that you can go in and out freely, the con is it's near the entrance so you spend a lot of time getting to other places. I have seen many people say "never again" but just as many say "the vip view alone is worth it".

Thank you for taking the time to give me your input. I do not drink alcohol so i was hoping the food would be over the top great ... lol.

Thank you for taking the time to give me your input. I do not drink alcohol so i was hoping the food would be over the top great ... lol.

Tony's is unfortunately famous for being terrible which is sad considering the absolute potential it has. But I've looked at the previous year's options and while not particularly exciting, I decided it was worthwhile. I put a lot of value in avoiding crowds if I can...free flowing drinks is just a plus for me 😅 (don't worry I'm not a TOTAL lush)

I don't want to buy a Touring Plans subscription for one trip, but it seems really helpful.

This is my tentative itinerary for the Christmas Party (that I'm still deciding on doing) if I just did the Party without any other ticket:

4:00 - 5:00: Sunshine Tree Terrace and Tiki Room (I've never seen the show or had a Citrus Swirl before)

5:00 - 6:00: Momento Mori (if I haven't found a Haunted Mansion souvenir at Disney Springs before that) and Jingle Cruise, depending on the wait.

6:00 - 7:00: Frozen Holiday Wish, Dinner at CHH

7:00 - 9:00: Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Big Thunder/ Pooh (depending on wait times. I've never done Big Thunder before, or any roller coasters actually).

9:00 - 10:00: Pooh M&G/ Nick and Judy M&G (depending on wait times) People Movers. Find a spot for the fireworks.

10:00 - 11:00: Fireworks and Parade

11:00 - Close: Mickey M&G, I guess. We might bail a half hour early.

If I wind up adding a Midday Ticket I'll tackle the Fantasyland rides before 4 and definitely do BTM or Splash (another one I haven't done before) during that 7-9 window.

Are there castle projections during Minnies Christmas fireworks? The description says the fireworks can be seen from Fantasyland and Tomorrowland- is this true? Trying to decide if I want to buy the dessert party but will not if you can really see it from other places in the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter