"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that the AP/DVC discount is that earth shattering with the parties anyway, but there are a lot more AP/DVC discounted parties in 2019 than prior years. 21 in 2019, compared to 14 in 2018, 12 in 2017, 7 in 2016. At least that trend is up.

There are 23 total parties in 2019, compared to 22 in 2018, 21 in 2017 and 2016, 20 in 2015, 19 in 2014 and 2013.

I called DVC Member services today & was quoted the "DVC discounted" price as exactly the same price as what Disney is offering on their website as "pre-sale". Even when I log on to DVC, they do not show special pricing for DVC members & I'm not AP, so I don't see their discounted dates. If I buy my tickets for Dec 12 & DVC discounts them later, will I get refunded the difference or should I just wait to see what happens. I also asked if DVC members will have earlier entry than everyone else & the CM stated "YES! You will be able to enter at 4pm" which is the same time as anyone with a MVMCP ticket is allowed to enter. Just wondering if anyone else got better DVC pricing for these tickets than the direct from Disney pricing.

My family and I are attending the 12/8 party and could not be more excited!

Could anyone guess if the special Christmas Party Magic Bands might still be available on 12/8? Do they sell out fast? I would love to pick one up if they are still available when we go.

I called DVC Member services today & was quoted the "DVC discounted" price as exactly the same price as what Disney is offering on their website as "pre-sale". Even when I log on to DVC, they do not show special pricing for DVC members & I'm not AP, so I don't see their discounted dates. If I buy my tickets for Dec 12 & DVC discounts them later, will I get refunded the difference or should I just wait to see what happens. I also asked if DVC members will have earlier entry than everyone else & the CM stated "YES! You will be able to enter at 4pm" which is the same time as anyone with a MVMCP ticket is allowed to enter. Just wondering if anyone else got better DVC pricing for these tickets than the direct from Disney pricing.

Hmm, not sure. I'm only AP so not familiar with DVC and their tickets. I'm 'assuming' the discounts will be the same as in the past? Maybe wait and see?

Hmm, not sure. I'm only AP so not familiar with DVC and their tickets. I'm 'assuming' the discounts will be the same as in the past? Maybe wait and see?

Thanks! I'll wait a bit & cross my fingers that my date doesn't sell out & a discount will drop soon. :rolleyes1:santa:

Could anyone guess if the special Christmas Party Magic Bands might still be available on 12/8? Do they sell out fast? I would love to pick one up if they are still available when we go.
I am going to the party on 11/12 and 11/14 which I think are the 3rd and 4th parties. I would be happy to pick one up for you and send it to you. You would just have to remind me in November since it’s so far away. I am so excited to be attending my first party.

Anyone else only seeing 8 attractions listed under “attractions openduring the event”?

Same thing happened to us. CM couldn’t find any info about 2pm early entrance and the quoted price on supposed DVC discount qualified party night was same price as presale

Discover dozens of iconic Magic Kingdom attractions you’re welcome to enjoy as you explore each land!
Though attractions and experiences are subject to change, here are some of the attractions that may be available during this event:

I wouldn't worry too much about that right now. It seems they always start with only some listed for these events and eventually they have more listed as it gets closer.

We went 12/2 last year and I didn't see any. I wasn't specifically looking for the bands, but I was looking pretty closely at all the special merchandise trying to decide what I wanted. Maybe they restock, but I imagine the earlier parties have the best luck.

Hey everyone

Wonder if you can help. We are going to Disney for two weeks. We are from the Uk and we have never been to this Xmas party before. We are late 20s / early 30s and don't really know to much about it apart from a few clips I seen on utube

Is this party more for people for young kids or our age too

It seems quite expensive, would you say it's worth the cost

Also how do they do tickets for this event, is it on your magic band ? And how do they know who's got a ticket and who doesn't if your already in the park, was just interested in how that works

Thanks in advance for any help shared

The party is geared for all ages! They have the Christmas parade and Christmas fireworks which we enjoyed. There is also a Christmas show at the castle, but we never made it over there to see it. They give out cookies/treats with drinks at different stations throughout the park. But if you don't really care about the Christmas parade or Christmas fireworks, then you could skip it and just go on a normal day. The party was the only thing we did that day. So we had a relaxing day by the pool and then got into the park by 4:00 I believe. It was worth it to us.

As far as the tickets, for us they had to scan my phone and give me hard tickets. It did not show up on our magic band. I don't know why. Some people had a paper copy that they scanned. Regardless it was very quick for the CM to do at least for us. But we had no problem using our bands for the fastpasses. We were able to use our bands to enter the Halloween party on a different trip, so maybe there was a glitch or I didn't link it properly. Once you get in, they give you a special wristband for the party. Then throughout the night, the CMs are checking wristbands to make sure you belong.

Hey everyone

Wonder if you can help. We are going to Disney for two weeks. We are from the Uk and we have never been to this Xmas party before. We are late 20s / early 30s and don't really know to much about it apart from a few clips I seen on utube

Is this party more for people for young kids or our age too

It seems quite expensive, would you say it's worth the cost

Also how do they do tickets for this event, is it on your magic band ? And how do they know who's got a ticket and who doesn't if your already in the park, was just interested in how that works

Thanks in advance for any help shared

Yes it is absolutely worth it! My wife is 32 and I’m 37 and we really enjoy this together.

When you buy the tickets online, you will be asked to link them to persons in you MDE account. When you have done that, you can enter with your MagicBands linked to the same account.

That is not true. I bought my tickets yesterday for December 19. December 19 is $129 and the DVC discount is $5 - it's not a lot by any means but I paid $124 per a ticket. My DVC rep did tell me since yesterday was the first day, he himself did not know what the discount amount was until he looked things up for me but there is definitely a discount. Call back today they should be more up to date on the ticketing information.

When I ordered my tickets on the phone yesterday morning, the cast member mistakenly said there was no AP or DVC discount, but then later in the day someone said there was. I called this morning and confirmed that there should have been a discount. They were very helpful and refunded the difference.

They removed the old purchase off MDE and I had to put in the new confirmation number. He also said that I would be getting two sets of tickets in the mail and to keep the correct ones.

Anyone else only seeing 8 attractions listed under “attractions openduring the event”?

I wouldn't be too worried about that. They won't release a full list of open attractions, treats, shows, merchandise, etc. until much closer to the first party.

Thanks! I'll wait a bit & cross my fingers that my date doesn't sell out & a discount will drop soon. :rolleyes1:santa:
I am pretty sure you will have plenty of time before it gets close to selling out. I believe most sellouts started happening in November last year

Reserved for Friday 12/20! I didn't expect them to add that last Sunday this year and had to debate between the two, and also considered doing both. Haha

I wouldn't be too worried about that. They won't release a full list of open attractions, treats, shows, merchandise, etc. until much closer to the first party.

Do you happen to know what month they usually release that? Like October? November? I'm desperate to plan :surfweb::rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter