"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called DVC Member services today & was quoted the "DVC discounted" price as exactly the same price as what Disney is offering on their website as "pre-sale". Even when I log on to DVC, they do not show special pricing for DVC members & I'm not AP, so I don't see their discounted dates. If I buy my tickets for Dec 12 & DVC discounts them later, will I get refunded the difference or should I just wait to see what happens. I also asked if DVC members will have earlier entry than everyone else & the CM stated "YES! You will be able to enter at 4pm" which is the same time as anyone with a MVMCP ticket is allowed to enter. Just wondering if anyone else got better DVC pricing for these tickets than the direct from Disney pricing.

If you are purchasing from the website you can see the DVC pricing if you login to your profile.

Do you happen to know what month they usually release that? Like October? November? I'm desperate to plan :surfweb::rotfl2:

I'm not entirely positive but if I remember correctly they didn't release a lot of it until the week of the first party! We went in November last year and I remember not having nearly as much time as I would have like to properly plan and know where and when certain things were. Hopefully this isn't the case this year but someone who has been more often might have a better idea of when details emerge.

Either way it is not nearly as soon as any of us would like and it is frustrating lol :badpc:

Anyone else only seeing 8 attractions listed under “attractions openduring the event”?
Went last year and just about every attraction was open, hope that helps! When you get there they give you a map to let you know where the character meets and food are! If you are going to a party other then the first one, you should be able to find whats going to be where ahead of time, someone or Disney possibly will be posting the map and where everything will be!

I'm not entirely positive but if I remember correctly they didn't release a lot of it until the week of the first party! We went in November last year and I remember not having nearly as much time as I would have like to properly plan and know where and when certain things were. Hopefully this isn't the case this year but someone who has been more often might have a better idea of when details emerge.

Either way it is not nearly as soon as any of us would like and it is frustrating lol :badpc:

I feel like they release it every year on or very near the first party! Its pretty impossible to plan ahead for this unless you are going to a December party. We went to a sold out party on 11/25 last year and for the first few hours we rode all the rides with no wait and even met Jack in 15 minutes somehow. I feel like most people watch all the shows early and the first parade so hopefully that helps you guys plan! I do suggest riding BTMR at night during the party, its so much better at night and in my opinion one of the best rides there next to Space!

Thats exactly what I was thinking! We went to the first party after Thanksgiving last year and it was sold but all the rides minus 7DMT were walk on! We walked on Space mountain and every other ride and it was fantastic! Not sure why people always say sold out parties are mobbed, we even only waited for Jack and Sally for 20 minutes! I think Disney does a great job of capping the limit. Anyone else experience good times at a sold out event or is it just me lol

This makes me feel a little better. We bought our tickets last night for the first party, and I know they have previously been sold out. It is our first time going, and we are super excited! My DH and myself are taking our 6 year old DGS, and I was wondering since it is a separate ticket event if "sold out" meant crazy packed.

See you !! got the same date!

us too!!

Something to consider for those going on the first night of the party. As there may be a new Christmas fireworks display this year there may be quite a crowd early. Many of which would be bloggers trying to record the new fireworks display. I would expect many set up early with their cameras to get good shots. Just something to consider when you think about what time you need to arrive for the fireworks on that first night of the party.

Thank you for the tip. We have never been during Christmas, and this is a bucket list item for us. We are parade and fireworks people, and I want to make sure our little guy can see!

We are soooooo excited! Buying these tickets are making things seem real for our visit. It has been two years since our last visit, and we have never done Christmas time!

We’re going on the last date - so excited because in the past it’s been the last Friday before Xmas and we’re arriving pretty much as the party would be ending for the night. Now that they extended it to 12/22 we’re so there!! :jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:

Just bought our tickets! So excited, this our first MVMCP!:santa:

It’s nice to see the enthusiasm of a first-time attendee! Enjoy :)

I find pricing and date trends for these things interesting. The price increases continue pretty much unabated I guess.

For 2019, adult regular pre-tax prices are:
$99 - 6 nights
$109 - 9 nights
$115 - 5 nights
$129 - 1 night
$139 - 2 nights

That’s a weighted average price of $111, or an 8.5% increase over last year. When comparing the five pricing tiers, those increases are 4.2%-12.2% ($4-$14) depending on the date.

Not that the AP/DVC discount is that earth shattering with the parties anyway, but there are a lot more AP/DVC discounted parties in 2019 than prior years. 21 in 2019, compared to 14 in 2018, 12 in 2017, 7 in 2016. At least that trend is up.

There are 23 total parties in 2019, compared to 22 in 2018, 21 in 2017 and 2016, 20 in 2015, 19 in 2014 and 2013.

Sorry, random thoughts/observations!

lol i still have a headache from all the tax returns I’ve filed recently but was casually thinking along the lines you referenced. We tend to visit early enough for both parties that with the $5 DVC discount, price is more manageable

Yup thats why we will be skipping the fireworks and parade and just do rides and snacks!. We have a theme park view and can see/hear the new show 3 other nights our trip :D

We’ve viewed the party FW from BLT, CR & Poly theme park views. It’s nice & the sound should still be available via room tv, but it can surely be hit or miss as to the angle and castle projections. Will say lounging in Poly pool and watching FW is near perfection IMO :)

If you love xmas and want to see the lights and shows or even have smaller lines for some rides its worth it. No its not just for kids. Me and my husband are doing this with no kids. The tickets are physical or on email I think u show them and they give you a wrist band. Once 7pm roles around whoever dosnt have the wristband cant get into rides and will be led out of the park.

It can take a bit to usher the stragglers out but it’s downright amazing how they can ferret them out via the checkpoints.

I called DVC Member services today & was quoted the "DVC discounted" price as exactly the same price as what Disney is offering on their website as "pre-sale". Even when I log on to DVC, they do not show special pricing for DVC members & I'm not AP, so I don't see their discounted dates. If I buy my tickets for Dec 12 & DVC discounts them later, will I get refunded the difference or should I just wait to see what happens. I also asked if DVC members will have earlier entry than everyone else & the CM stated "YES! You will be able to enter at 4pm" which is the same time as anyone with a MVMCP ticket is allowed to enter. Just wondering if anyone else got better DVC pricing for these tickets than the direct from Disney pricing.

Didn’t know WDW offered presale discount equal to DVC/APH. Doesn’t sound ‘right’.

Same thing happened to us. CM couldn’t find any info about 2pm early entrance and the quoted price on supposed DVC discount qualified party night was same price as presale

Not sure, but think that may have been

Didn’t know WDW offered presale discount equal to DVC/APH. Doesn’t sound ‘right’

I checked again & the correct pricing shows, so today I bought our tickets for our very first MVMCP for Dec 12. It's expensive, but we really wanted to get the full Christmas experience since we've never been to WDW during the holidays. I personally love Christmas, so my family's going to have to follow along since they've left me to plan it all. :santa:::yes::

Foodie - you are getting into prime time with that date since no party xmas week. Perhaps no dvc/aph discounts those days?

We're going to our first party!!!! It's the first night so it will be crazy but we figured it's a good way to end our trip!

Just bought our 6 tickets for that too, hoping that most of the crowd or bloggers and people like that so we can still enjoy all the rides!

We will be right there with you guys. It's our first MVMCP party too! Hopefully, it won't be too crazy. :)

Just bought the tickets for my first Christmas party. Going December 10th. I'll be at Disney Dec. 7th - 15th, so I had a couple of choices of days. I figured that a Tuesday in early December should be as uncrowded as these things get. As long as everyone else isn't thinking the same thing.

I will be there December 9th-December 16th. There are 4 parties I think during that time. I am going to one but my problem is I want to know who is the narrators at the CP at Epcot. I want to see Gary Senise and he was there that time last year. I am giving up Sugar Ray in September for Christmas decorations and parties...will i be disappointed?

Our itinerary also depends on the CP narrator. We are staying Dec. 6-Dec. 14 but we have decided to go to the Christmas party on Dec. 13th in order to finish up our vacation at the MK with the party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter