• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

Well after the Kessel Run Challenge line, it’s all down hill this weekend.
Was that line to pick up bibs or shirts? I hope its not crazy like that tomorrow night, I have a small window to pick everything up unless its once inside you are good to go but I would realy love to get both my shirt and bib tomorrow and not "HAVE" to go back on saturday for my shirt, although I do want to try that foam rolling event they got on saturday.

Was that line to pick up bibs or shirts? I hope its not crazy like that tomorrow night, I have a small window to pick everything up unless its once inside you are good to go but I would realy love to get both my shirt and bib tomorrow and not "HAVE" to go back on saturday for my shirt, although I do want to try that foam rolling event they got on saturday.
It’s just the line to get the virtual medal that was bad. All the other lines including merch were just walk right up.

We waited in the hall to get into the room to wait to look at the merchandise. I ‘think’ they’re trying to restock between waves because we saw several cartloads go in while we were in the hall.

I got a Vader hoodie and broke down and got the Kessel shirt. I really tried to like the challenge purple shirt but couldn’t. This is the cheapest I’ve ever gotten out of an expo!

No Marvel summer shorts medals were on display either.

Total time at the expo was 2 hours. Getting bibs=15 minutes. Looking at merch = 15 minutes. Picking up race shirts = 5 minutes. Rest was standing in either Kessel or checkout lines. Kessel line was crazy!

Ugh. I wouldn't care if they would just allow catalog orders of stuff that sells out, but otherwise, I think no bib, no merch at least until Friday.
I so agree! I won't be there until tomorrow afternoon and I don't hold out any hope at all that I'll be able to get what I want. I really wish they would fix this. It seems patently unfair to those who pay money for the races and actually participate!

Hope so too, I really just want that 10k magnet (first race so yeah ) and maybe a 10k i did it shirt. But let's see. Wouldn't mind finding something else also. I agree with Chasing Dopey, I wish at a minimum there was some merchandise held back for people with bibs that can buy it up until the last minute.

I'd like to see it be runners only for all RD events until Saturday.

Did they keep Champion as the supplier for the event shirts? Its seemed like they've been transitioning away from Champion to their unknown WDW Parks and Resorts brand. DS 2018 had Champion, Nike, and WDW P&R items.

I'd like to see it be runners only for all RD events until Saturday.

Did they keep Champion as the supplier for the event shirts? Its seemed like they've been transitioning away from Champion to their unknown WDW Parks and Resorts brand. DS 2018 had Champion, Nike, and WDW P&R items.
Race shirts are still champion. Not sure on all other merch. Disney still has a big sponsorship deal with a champion so they won’t get rid of them completely.

Someone pointed out on FB that they changed the rules on where spectators can be and what they can hand out. I wonder how strictly this will be enforced. Kinda disappointing, I always liked all the people cheering in front of AK.
View attachment 392709
I am wondering the same. I think maybe places where races run at the Boardwalk or something they can enforce such but WWoS or Cone Alley isn't going to be enforced unless they add more security.

For the first time in 9 races no race merch for me. Last year at the Dark Side I bought a ton. I'm a sucker for half-zips and track jackets, but I've got too many black jackets and the color of the half-zip wasn't for me. Oh well. I dumped $150 on new pair of Hoka's so that was more than enough :)

Alright, no more lurking. After a Castaway Cay 5K in 2016, I have done everything up to my first marathon this past January and I am ready to admit that I am an addict.
Got in yesterday afternoon, hit the expo first thing today, and actually met Jeff Galloway.
Now I’m ready for 22.4 miles of fun with several thousand new friends.
Welcome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter