Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

FOR THOSE THAT MISSED THE KESSEL RUN REGISTRATION:

I just called run disney.. they said to register for the virtual half marathon and that they would update me to the kessel challenge... you gotta call them first to tag your account... seems easy enough.. was on and off the phone in less than 5 min
What number did you hit when you called? I’ve called twice, hit 3 and 4, and have been told the same thing both times. They can’t fix this problem. The only solution they have is for me to register again and they’ll refund me the money.

Thanks @jaxonp so much for your help. Just got off the phone, registered for the Virtual. They are supposed to call me back to confirm!!!

Wait....now I have to start training!!!!!
:crutches::guilty::guilty::snail::snail::furious::furious::furious:
I’ve called twice and got the same answer both times. Basically they can’t help and won’t change my registration. I’m registered for the Rival Run and the vietualhalf because I couldn’t make the phone number work for the Kessel Run link. The only solution they can give me is to register for everything again and they’ll refund my registration.

I am registering next week and confused on how to register for the Kessel Run. Can someone clarify so I select the correct option? The way I understand it, on a computer the steps are:
  • Go to the Rival Run RunDisney website,
  • Click on "register"
  • Login to my account
  • Select Kessel Run as the option
If the above is correct, do you select Kessel Run as a secondary option after selecting the Challenge? Or do you start at the virtual half page for registration? Very confusing when it really shouldn't be.

I forgot to mention, I am registering for the challenge, virtual and Kessel run. Also, does anyone know if you can change your alliance if you decide to go dark side vs light side after you register?

I am registering next week and confused on how to register for the Kessel Run. Can someone clarify so I select the correct option? The way I understand it, on a computer the steps are:
  • Go to the Rival Run RunDisney website,
  • Click on "register"
  • Login to my account
  • Select Kessel Run as the option
If the above is correct, do you select Kessel Run as a secondary option after selecting the Challenge? Or do you start at the virtual half page for registration? Very confusing when it really shouldn't be.

Anyone have screenshots of the process today they can share that might clear up some of the Kessel Run questions?

We waited a couple hours after registration opened.... No queue, smooth sailing, easy peasy! We still jump on to register like the old days, but I noticed Princess hasn't even sold out yet. We probably won't have to worry about the 20 minute sell-out until the Disneyland races open back up.

But does anyone know what the Passholder pin is? Is it a runDisney pin, or just a generic AP thing? I hate they don't offer pics or descriptions.

I made the Kessel Run challenge mistake. Called RunDisney and they said to register for the Kessel and someone would get in contact to do a refund, that's fine. I chose Light Side, since I did everything Dark Side this year. Can't wait to see what the differences are

Last edited:

So I saw you had the option to choose light or dark side. Which option did most choose?

So I saw you had the option to choose light or dark side. Which option did most choose?
My wife and I are running the 1/2 and I chose dark for both. To be honest, I have no idea what this means for the 1/2 only. I'm not sure what the subtle or not so subtle differences will be for one verse the other? Bibs? Shirts? Medals? If there is a distinction for the 1/2 only, hopefully the details will come out soon enough where I can adjust our registrations accordingly.

Anyone have screenshots of the process today they can share that might clear up some of the Kessel Run questions?

There are 3 portals to get in. If doing Kessel make sure you go via Kessel Run Challenge. You register for it as a combo deal, which includes your Rival Run & the Virtual. One checkout. But, you can not do multiple people for the Kessel, one person per order.
This if from the AP or DVC page, but expect 3 portals again next week.
Kessel1.jpg

Then you pick your Virtual Half - There's only one choice, Virtual Half
kessel2.jpg

Then you pick your Rival Run, 2 choices - The Challenge or Half
kessel3.jpg

If you have a phone number issue (which is only with Kessel), delete it all, inlcuding any _____, then manually type it in. Do not use your autofill. Hopefully, they'll fix this issue. But, you don't have to put the 1 space, etc. like many people posted, you just need to delete any _____ basically.

Last edited:
FOR THOSE THAT MISSED THE KESSEL RUN REGISTRATION:

I just called run disney.. they said to register for the virtual half marathon and that they would update me to the kessel challenge... you gotta call them first to tag your account... seems easy enough.. was on and off the phone in less than 5 min

What about the extra $10 though that Kessel costs versus just the virtual. I wonder if your person didn't realize the cost difference?!

Everyone else has posted to call and they'll refund your registration(s) you messed up on then go back and do Kessel the correct way.

What about the extra $10 though that Kessel costs versus just the virtual. I wonder if your person didn't realize the cost difference?!

Everyone else has posted to call and they'll refund your registration(s) you messed up on then go back and do Kessel the correct way.

I was told someone would be in touch to combine the registrations and charge the $10. When they call, they’re supposed to move DH registrations to his account which apparently is the only way that can be done. If I’d known there was no way for him to “claim” his registrations I would have used his account. I never get RD emails and he always does!

CM took my account email address and phone number when I called.

Well, I was going to go to bed an hour ago, but I decided I had to sign up for two local 5ks. Then I started reading this thread, and realized I should figure out where we are going to stay in April. Fingers crossed I can figure registration out next week. So exciting to see everyone signing up - even if it seems like we just did this :)

Well, I was going to go to bed an hour ago, but I decided I had to sign up for two local 5ks. Then I started reading this thread, and realized I should figure out where we are going to stay in April. Fingers crossed I can figure registration out next week. So exciting to see everyone signing up - even if it seems like we just did this :)

Heh. I've got to get serious about training again. I've been coasting over the summer.

Also need to get younger son ready for a 5k at a Disney pace.

Reactions: maw
I was told someone would be in touch to combine the registrations and charge the $10. When they call, they’re supposed to move DH registrations to his account which apparently is the only way that can be done. If I’d known there was no way for him to “claim” his registrations I would have used his account. I never get RD emails and he always does!

CM took my account email address and phone number when I called.

This is exactly what happened to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter