Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

Nothing has sold out for early though, if that's any sign of how stuff will be on regular day.

I wonder if that has to do with Celebration being the weekend prior in Chicago cause I know that’s why my friend can’t run this year and in part while I’m not running as well

I signed up for the Kessel Run the correct way and my registration screen shows entries for the Rival Run Challenge and the Virtual Half Marathon. There is no mention of Kessel Run on my registration screen anywhere.

Same here.

The only indication of the Kessel Run I see is: if I click 'Edit Registration' on the virtual race, at the very bottom there is a checkbox stating that I understand I only get my Kessel Run medal if I complete the half marathon at WDW.

I signed up for the Kessel Run the correct way and my registration screen shows entries for the Rival Run Challenge and the Virtual Half Marathon. There is no mention of Kessel Run on my registration screen anywhere.

Perfect. We must all have that then!

Same here.

The only indication of the Kessel Run I see is: if I click 'Edit Registration' on the virtual race, at the very bottom there is a checkbox stating that I understand I only get my Kessel Run medal if I complete the half marathon at WDW.

Ya beat me to it ....

For those who have registered, what is it called if we want to do the rival run challenge and the Kessel run challenge? How Do we go about registering the right way?

For those who have registered, what is it called if we want to do the rival run challenge and the Kessel run challenge? How Do we go about registering the right way?

Going off the pre-reg site, which may or may not be what the real one looks like.

You get three options for registration: "Rival Run Weekend Events", "Kessel Run Challenge", and "Virtual Half Marathon". You want Kessel Run Challenge, which will then give you the option of doing the Rival Run Half or the Rival Run Challenge in addition to the Virtual Half.

There's a list of items under each link. (Screen shot below, if I got this to work properly.)

Xf59VPm.png

Last edited:
How quickly does the 10k sell out? I plan on being online to register right when it opens, but I'm nervous a work meeting will pop up or something!

How quickly does the 10k sell out? I plan on being online to register right when it opens, but I'm nervous a work meeting will pop up or something!
Exactly my question. I have a meeting from 11:00 am - 12:30 pm (that usually runs 5-10 minutes long) EST. I plan on registering the 4 of us for the 5K and then my DH for also the Rival Run. 5K won't sell during the first hour, right?

Nothing sold out for early registration so if that's any indication it won't quickly today either. Who knows though.

To add to the screenshot by @Kazrak of the 3 seperate links posted above -

You can do multiple people & races when doing the Rival Run events. But, if doing Kessel, it's only one person per transaction.

So, if doing the 5k and Kessel, it will be 2 transactions using the 2 different links.

Make sure when doing Kessel you are in this form that includes both the Virtual & your Rival Run in one order.

kessel3.jpg

Exactly my question. I have a meeting from 11:00 am - 12:30 pm (that usually runs 5-10 minutes long) EST. I plan on registering the 4 of us for the 5K and then my DH for also the Rival Run. 5K won't sell during the first hour, right?
Nothing sold out for early registration so if that's any indication it won't quickly today either. Who knows though.
It's just so hard to say with any assurance. In general, all of the SW races sell slower than other race weekends, but there have been times individual SW races went quickly. But with nothing selling out for early reg, it doesn't seem likely things will go quickly this time. I'd guess odds are slim that anything's gone within an hour - maybe a day or two?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter