Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

Plane tickets bought! For the first time ever I have a non stop flight into Orlando! Now to just trust Frontier to actually get me there! Flying back Thursday the 11th , I am going to visit @LikelyLynae in Raleigh, then fly home on Saturday the 13th.

I have our room booked at Pop thu a travel agent and have half the money for that saved in my PayPal account so now all I need are park tickets! Oh, and plan a costume!

Question for the experts, I am signed up for the 5K and now having FOMO for the 10K. Do they ever release another wave of bibs or am I likely out of luck? I have an AP, so won't be trying the TA route. Thanks!
last year at the Princess expo, Rundisney was doing digital signups for Star Wars and had all races available. I signed up my daughter for the 10K then, even though it was shown as sold out on the website.

Can someone refresh me on when and/or where were are supposed to submit our virtual half marathon times for the Kessel Run Challenge?

On the rD website - under virtual races, click on the SW virtual half and then choose download certificate. It's pretty informal - I don't think they require you to upload Garmin data or anything, more of an honor system.

On the rD website - under virtual races, click on the SW virtual half and then choose download certificate. It's pretty informal - I don't think they require you to upload Garmin data or anything, more of an honor system.
I did that, but I remember it being more than that last year. Am I wrong?

Yeah. I didn't even download the certificate last year. I just set a goal in Garmin connect to track the virtual half progress.

I don't particularly like the virtual runs, but love the Kessel Run medal. :) And I'm really hoping for an R2-D2 virtual medal this year.

Got a Star Wars race email today from runDisney with reminders to update proof of time by Jan. 15. It was a good reminder because I needed to update mine!

It also reminded me to book my flight. I was surprised to find a lot of "sold out" times on my usual Delta routes (from Detroit). I still got a good price and times that work for me, but I'm glad I did it today. I'm flying in on Saturday and need to arrive early enough to get to the expo before it closes, and some of the mid-morning Delta nonstops were already sold out (except for insane $2k 1st class tickets)!

Yeah. I didn't even download the certificate last year. I just set a goal in Garmin connect to track the virtual half progress.

I don't particularly like the virtual runs, but love the Kessel Run medal. :) And I'm really hoping for an R2-D2 virtual medal this year.

It's interesting that the virtual run technically started yesterday, but the medal hasn't been released yet. But I'm new to all of this so maybe that's how things work. Did find this though through shopdisney
file_1aa5ba6e.jpeg

If that is the virtual medal logo on that shirt that would be AMAZING!

Yes it would be. I've kind of regretted signing up for the virtual because I'm in all the other races and probably should have saved the money. If we get a medal close to that though I'm going to be more than happy to have participated.

Star Wars 2019 will be my first runDisney weekend. My sister and I are starting with the 5k, so a Thursday expo visit is a must - but I’ve read mixed things about arriving at the Expo early.

Our plan is to grab breakfast, then head right over for opening before spending the afternoon at a park. Is that a terrible idea? Is the afternoon really that much less crowded? If anyone showed up at opening last year, what was that like? Thanks!

Our plan is to grab breakfast, then head right over for opening before spending the afternoon at a park. Is that a terrible idea? Is the afternoon really that much less crowded? If anyone showed up at opening last year, what was that like? Thanks!
SW isn't too bad, simply because there are fewer participants than, say Marathon weekend. I've never gone to the expo at opening, but I know folks who usually do - there will be people lined up very early to get in and have first crack at merchandise. And yes, the afternoon is WAY less crowded!

Star Wars 2019 will be my first runDisney weekend. My sister and I are starting with the 5k, so a Thursday expo visit is a must - but I’ve read mixed things about arriving at the Expo early.

We've always gone Thursday afternoon - and see the evidence of lines set up for the morning crowds.

From what I have read the Expo is much better laid out now. I believe they are using the new arena in addition to the previous two locations. I know for W&D, this helped spread the crowds out much better. Not to mention, the new arena is a much larger area.

I'm awaiting the reports from Marathon Weekend next week. Last year, we ran Dopey and had to be there on the first day. We got to the Expo after lunch and still waited about an hour to get into the merchandise area.

From what I have read the Expo is much better laid out now. I believe they are using the new arena in addition to the previous two locations. I know for W&D, this helped spread the crowds out much better. Not to mention, the new arena is a much larger area.

I'm awaiting the reports from Marathon Weekend next week. Last year, we ran Dopey and had to be there on the first day. We got to the Expo after lunch and still waited about an hour to get into the merchandise area.

Wine and Dine was my first experience so I have nothing to compare it to, but I went early the first afternoon and had no wait at all. I actually was looking around when I got into the merchandise area thinking I had skipped a line because of what I have read from others experience in the past. If SW is anything similar the expo will be a breeze.

Thank you for all the replies! Sounds like early afternoon really is better for crowds. Is the merchandise picked over by then, or do they restock throughout the day?

I need some information on sizing for the shirts that come with our registration for the races. Do they run similar to other Disney tee shirts? I ask because I can buy tees at the store (Old Navy, Kohls, etc.) and always wear a ladies small, but when I buy tees at the Disney Store for our trips I have to size up to a medium or large because those tees seem to run a bit smaller. I want to make sure I get the right size for the race tees! Can you order what you *think* you'll need, then try them on there and swap out for a different size if necessary, or are you stuck with the size you pre-order? Thanks!!

I need some information on sizing for the shirts that come with our registration for the races. Do they run similar to other Disney tee shirts? I ask because I can buy tees at the store (Old Navy, Kohls, etc.) and always wear a ladies small, but when I buy tees at the Disney Store for our trips I have to size up to a medium or large because those tees seem to run a bit smaller. I want to make sure I get the right size for the race tees! Can you order what you *think* you'll need, then try them on there and swap out for a different size if necessary, or are you stuck with the size you pre-order? Thanks!!

I'm a 6/8 and a M ladies shirt fit perfectly. For me it ran pretty true to size. You can exchange race shirts at the expo if needed based on availability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter