Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

I get in Thursday night. Can't wait!
Don't forget the meetup at Hurricane Hannah's on Saturday, April 6 at 1:30pm! (Is that what was decided, @Dis5150 ?)

I’ll be working the run until 12:30 but now i think I must also stop by and say hi and see what kind of crew I meet this time! :flower:I’ve had such a great time at all the other RunDIS meets I’ve come to!

We leave tomorrow for Miami, where we are boarding the Magic for a 5 night cruise! When they kick us off the boat next Friday we will drive up to WDW for the race weekend. It's great to have this to look forward to when the cruise ends - helps with the post-cruise blues!

Awesome! We are actually cruising the Disney Dream on Monday after the race weekend, and just found out SpaceX’s Falcon Heavy is go for launch from Kennedy Space Center on Sunday night around 6:30....we’ll be in Cocoa Beach staying the night so are planning to watch from the beach! Star Wars, running, Disney World and space travel...is there anything better?

Flying over Thursday AM and then racing to the expo to get bibs and merch - any eta on when we’ll get a preview this upcoming week? Safe travels to all!

Merchandise preview was posted the Tuesday of race week for Princess this year, so maybe tomorrow or Tuesday?

(insert Veruca Salt* “But I want it now!” gif)

We’re flying in Wednesday and hitting the expo on Thursday to grab our 5k bibs! First runDisney event for my sister and me, we’re SO excited!

*edited because I wrongly wrote Violet Beauregard. Let’s blame the taper crazies for that one...

Last edited:

All right, real talk. Am I the only one whose last “long run” was the Princess Half? :scared1:

Been a tough month weather and time wise, but pretty stoked to see what next weekend is all about.
I'm sure you'll be fine. My last double-digit run was marathon weekend. :rolleyes1 (But I've been pretty consistent with running since then and did a 9-mile LR a few weeks ago.)

:wave:Anyone else running with the pace group in corral D for the half?

Former runner who just realized I’ll be down there for the 5K (did many RunDisney events year and years ago). Saw on the website it’s sold out, thinking the answer is no, but does anyone know if there’s a change of slots open at the expo? Not a big deal but figured it never hurts to ask.

Former runner who just realized I’ll be down there for the 5K (did many RunDisney events year and years ago). Saw on the website it’s sold out, thinking the answer is no, but does anyone know if there’s a change of slots open at the expo? Not a big deal but figured it never hurts to ask.
Probably not. 10k still open though!

Can't hurt hitting the expo early and haunting the "last minute registration" booth. I can't remember what Disney officially calls that thing, but it's pretty obvious when you get there. I've had luck in the past scoring "fall out" slots for friends and family that were with me and decided at the 11th hour that they wanted to run.

So jealous of y'all getting down there early! My plane lands (well hopefully!) at 3:55 on Friday! DD29 lands at 1:something and is not even waiting at MCO for me! First time to ride DME by myself! Then we will head to the expo. We are only running the half so we can always go Saturday if we don't make it before they close but I'd rather get it done!

My Tinker Maul/Tinker Sith concept might have to take a pass this year. I've done multiple dye baths of my old Tinkerbell costume this weekend trying to turn it black, and the best I have so far is like an Army OD green. The wings turned out freaking awesome, but the dress... not quite so Sith. Might give it one more go tonight, so fingers crossed!

Thanks all - I fly out Friday mid-afternoon, so only hope is for the 5k. I might try hitting expo if we have some down time to see! Thanks for the advice!

Question: Do they still give something for the top finishers in each age group? And if so, is it top 3 or top 5? I am considering "racing" the 10K and if (big if) I kill it on Saturday, judging by last year's finishers and the fact that there are less people running, I could make the top 5 in my age group. I am doing the challenge so for the half marathon I am planning to take it slow and do character stops, etc but I am not sure there is much I want to stop for along 10K. I am also in the middle of a speed training plan for my half marathon in June so running the 10K would fit as my speed workout this week. But if they still do the awards it might be a cool thing to shoot for.

I had realized why I wanted to get into E before, but...wow. You can divide the runners almost evenly in thirds: A-E, F, and G/H.
Yep. I spent a few years in F (or whatever letter was assigned to the giant corral) and, honestly, it was fine. I started in a late wave and didn't have any major issues. But I finally got my butt in gear and ran a 10K for PoT that squeaks me into E and yeah... it was a much nicer experience. I hate racing for time, but will admit it was worth it. But ugh, I'll need to do it again soon and I'm not looking forward to it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter