Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

They did a run of them for last year’s SW half weekend and they were in the outlets over the summer last year there were also leggings to match I believe

Yes, there were matching leggings. For women at least. And a Darth Vader style too.

Agreed. I'm not loving any of the designs. Sometimes pictures dont truly capture a product, so it will be a wait and see if any standout at the expo.

This. Still, I don't really understand some of the color choices... I mean, pastel? Really? :confused3

But I do want that Tervis though...:D

Is that supposed to be a Boba Fett color?

Huh. Is that what they are going for? It’s a little bright.

Lightsaber colors would have looked good. Honestly, the Design team seems to try to do the same thing they do with most Disney merch: bridge the styles to appeal to young and old alike, which produces some pretty derpy stuff. (Notice how hard it is to find a basic Mickey shirt these days?) But the race is almost entirely adults, and our tastes simplify and refine as we get older. The back of the Kessel Run shirt is a perfect example. WHO is that for?

I’m sure they work very hard on it, and the designs are well done even if I don’t find some of them appealing. But I do wish simplicity and elegance were their first instincts, and then build from there.

I am meh about most of it, although I do like the black spirit jersey. And I would wear the running tanks (personally like the colors). But I don't like the I did it shirts or the magnets, which are what I usually buy. So idk if I will buy anything. :confused3

To your point, the medal preview is the only reason I decided to sign up for the 10k instead of the half this year...
We all have our "thing." :) I still haven't looked at them so I can't comment one way or the other regarding design choice.

Does anyone know if charities have unclaimed bibs they will sell them at cost at the expo? Or if the challenge run doesn't sell out will they release some 10k bibs? My sister and I were going to sign up because we saw there was some bibs left, but just checked and it was sold out.

Thank you!

Does anyone know if charities have unclaimed bibs they will sell them at cost at the expo? Or if the challenge run doesn't sell out will they release some 10k bibs? My sister and I were going to sign up because we saw there was some bibs left, but just checked and it was sold out.

Thank you!
In my (limited) experience Disney will almost always release *some* last minute bibs. We got my dad into the 10K last year after they sold out on the website... twice... following his completion of the 5K. We just kept refreshing the app and every so often there would be availability. We did not act quick enough the first time, as he was unsure if he could handle both races at the age of 69, but when it showed available again later we pounced on it. (Side note... he's doing his first half marathon with me this year!!)

As I mentioned to someone else earlier, your best bet is to go to the last chance booth at the expo/registration.

I am officially weather stalking now. It's looking rainy for my vacation overall, but possibly dry for Sunday's race? I wonder if this forecast is just the "cover your bases and predict thunderstorms, it's Florida," forecast, or if there is actually a rainy weather pattern heading Florida's way for this weekend and next week. Packing my ponchos!!

In my (limited) experience Disney will almost always release *some* last minute bibs. We got my dad into the 10K last year after they sold out on the website... twice... following his completion of the 5K. We just kept refreshing the app and every so often there would be availability. We did not act quick enough the first time, as he was unsure if he could handle both races at the age of 69, but when it showed available again later we pounced on it. (Side note... he's doing his first half marathon with me this year!!)

As I mentioned to someone else earlier, your best bet is to go to the last chance booth at the expo/registration.

Thank you! very helpful! And good luck to you and your Dad!

Last edited:
Yeah, I’m hoping my flight doesn’t get delayed. I only have a 45 minute layover, and there are storms predicted for the morning for my first flight. o_O
Just adds a little adventure to things, lol. If anyone is connecting through Atlanta tomorrow morning and you see me (blonde girl with a black-and-red Ironman backpack) say hi! Now to power through this work day.

I am officially weather stalking now. It's looking rainy for my vacation overall, but possibly dry for Sunday's race? I wonder if this forecast is just the "cover your bases and predict thunderstorms, it's Florida," forecast, or if there is actually a rainy weather pattern heading Florida's way for this weekend and next week. Packing my ponchos!!
Nope, that's not normal spring weather - daily storms are a summer thing caused by sea breezes from each coast meeting over central FL. This is an anticipated "thing" coming, which, in my experience as a Floridian, means it can keep changing by the hour. Packing ponchos is a VERY good idea, so you're covered if it does rain! And if it doesn't, you'll have them for a future race/trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter