OFFICIAL 2020 Free Dining WATCH Thread - FREE DINING No Longer Available. First Post Updated with Details

This is really strange, but did anyone else ever have all the available rooms left specify that they were handicapped rooms? I'm not handicapped and the screen is only showing me rooms that are handicap accessible, which most are, right?
There is a box that can be checked that will check for Accessible rooms only. I’ve accidentally checked it in the past. You may wish to look and see that you haven’t checked it by accident.
I don’t think MOST rooms are handicap accessible
There are specific rooms that have assistive devices in them (bars near toilet and shower, roll-in showers, lower beds, etc). I believe those are the rooms being displayed.

Ok, thanks. I'll check but I haven't been on the app even before our last trip.
Like I said, strange.

There are specific rooms that have assistive devices in them (bars near toilet and shower, roll-in showers, lower beds, etc). I believe those are the rooms being displayed
I was put in one of these rooms a few years ago by front desk staff at AS Music. Only standard room available for my evening check in. Many pros as the bathroom is larger and, at that time, was a king bed. With upgraded rooms at All Stars in the works, and POP upgraded, may be 2 queen beds now. Small downside was the toilet was lower to the floor so a bit of a surprise until you got used to it. I would take it again. Always worried that I'm taking an accessible room away from someone who really needs it. But have to trust that the room assigner at the resort knows guests needs at the time and no one left in the lurch.

This is really strange, but did anyone else ever have all the available rooms left specify that they were handicapped rooms? I'm not handicapped and the screen is only showing me rooms that are handicap accessible, which most are, right?
I don't think I've ever seen rooms listed as accessible, how odd.

I personally don’t anticipate that happening for 2 reasons.

1. They already gave a CDN ticket deal available where we get 4 day tickets for the price of a 3 day ticket, etc.

2. In the past when CDN FD dates were different from the US, they were announced the same day the FD offer started, not at a different time.

Thanks for your thoughts!

The discounted ticket offer does make it unlikely but was hoping for a different answer than what I was leaning towards myself! 😝

Not as good of a discount as Free Dining, but Disney is now offering a Free Dining plan for kids this summer.
  • Everyone on the reservation must be on the same dining plan (QS, DDP or DxDP).
  • A lot more dates are included than for free dining: Valid for arrivals most nights 5/25/20 – 8/28/20
  • Value and Mods get a Free Kids QSDP and Deluxe and Deluxe Villas get free Kids DDP.

https://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney...or-kids-offer-for-summer-2020-just-announced/
If you are comparing a room discount with this FD for kids offer, be aware that all QS, TS and Deluxe dining credits are now separated by kids and adults, and kids credits MUST be used for kids meals (for more info, see this thread).

This works out to be a discount of:
  • $26 per child per night for Values and Mods
  • $30.50 per child per night for Deluxe and Deluxe Villas
You would need to pay rack rate for the room and purchase the same dining plan for the adults. Here are the cost per adult per night:
  • $55 per adult per night for QSDP
  • $78 per adult per night for DDP
  • $119 per adult per night for DxDP

Last edited:
Keep on checking availability! I guess with the new offer someone gave up their FD reservation. I ended up saving an additional nearly $300 from when I first changed it. Now we are booked back at the WL with a nature view room. Ended up saving close to $800 from our original WL rack rate reservation for a standard view room. So we are really pleased.

Ugh..... I guess with the new room discount offer they took away all the free dining rooms. Plenty available yesterday, none today.

Ugh..... I guess with the new room discount offer they took away all the free dining rooms. Plenty available yesterday, none today.
I was able to book a WL “nature view” room this morning at around 830 est with the free dining promo. For dates in July though

Yes I was wondering the same thing I was looking at rooms today for a friend and there was a lot gone hat was there just a couple days ago

Yeah, I was looking for the All Star Resorts. We only sleep and shower in the room, so can't see spending $1,000-$2,000 extra for the hotel. I'll keep checking.
Sound like me we are barely in our room we always do a cheapest room we can

Yeah, I was looking for the All Star Resorts. We only sleep and shower in the room, so can't see spending $1,000-$2,000 extra for the hotel. I'll keep checking.
Maybe then? We have a 4 year old and like to take midday breaks and we enjoy the pool/splash pad at WL for our daughter.

We were already planning a summer trip for a family of 8 at CBR staying in the standard rooms and buying discounted non hopper tickets and when FD came up we grabbed the offer but all that was left were the pirate rooms. So with the pirate rooms and the park hoppers looks like the cost is going to be about the same, figuring all together we would spend $2000 on food and drinks for the eight of us. Still debating on what to do but we are leaning towards the free dining because we have 3 teenagers in our group. (I realize the full size pirate beds could be an issue) If we do the FD the addition of the adult beverage is very appealing, so can we go to the ABC Comm. in HS and get the BBQ rib platter for $18.99 and then order the happy daze drink for $12.00? That would be a good use of the QS plan or are the adult drink options limited?

We were already planning a summer trip for a family of 8 at CBR staying in the standard rooms and buying discounted non hopper tickets and when FD came up we grabbed the offer but all that was left were the pirate rooms. So with the pirate rooms and the park hoppers looks like the cost is going to be about the same, figuring all together we would spend $2000 on food and drinks for the eight of us. Still debating on what to do but we are leaning towards the free dining because we have 3 teenagers in our group. (I realize the full size pirate beds could be an issue) If we do the FD the addition of the adult beverage is very appealing, so can we go to the ABC Comm. in HS and get the BBQ rib platter for $18.99 and then order the happy daze drink for $12.00? That would be a good use of the QS plan or are the adult drink options limited?

Based on our experience last year, one alcoholic drink was included with your QS meal. We went to Polite Pig, and I got a Grapefruit Margarita ($11) Hubby got Ravenous Pig Five Points IPA ($9) and our older son got the Baby Back ribs ($23). All were included! I don't *think* they restrict your choices, other than you cannot get a pitcher for yourself lmao.. We found that it was an excellent use of QS credit. If you look at the menus before you go and plan a little, you can definitely eat and drink very, very well!

Based on our experience last year, one alcoholic drink was included with your QS meal. We went to Polite Pig, and I got a Grapefruit Margarita ($11) Hubby got Ravenous Pig Five Points IPA ($9) and our older son got the Baby Back ribs ($23). All were included! I don't *think* they restrict your choices, other than you cannot get a pitcher for yourself lmao.. We found that it was an excellent use of QS credit. If you look at the menus before you go and plan a little, you can definitely eat and drink very, very well!
Yes we will look at the menus to take full advantage of the QS plan. WE also have 4 under 21 in our party and are planning on having the 3 over 21 go up to order twice to get 2 adult beverages per meal and order drinks OOP for them.

These rates are highway robbery. The cost of WDW is pricing so many folks out, it's insane. I looked at a week for me, my wife and 3 kids and it was north of $7100 at Art. Why would I ever do that?
You are right in that Disney is definitely an expensive trip and is not in the budget of so many folks. I have not been to Disney since 2014 because of the high prices. I have traveled elsewhere for much less. But I was able to snag the FD deal for both my brother and his family and my own family. For my brother, his wife and two teenagers they will be staying at All Stars Music for 5 nights for 3,296.02. With a family of five your options are limited and more pricey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter