• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2020 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Poor Unfortunate Souls (2020 MNSSHP CANCELLED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to reschedule my trip from May 3 to September 27-October 4th. We’ve never done MNSSHP before and are excited to finally be able to go! I’m just worried about purchasing my tickets, should I purchase them now or wait a little bit? The date I’m interested in is Thursday 10/1. I’m worried with reduced capacity they will sell out

I had to reschedule my trip from May 3 to September 27-October 4th. We’ve never done MNSSHP before and are excited to finally be able to go! I’m just worried about purchasing my tickets, should I purchase them now or wait a little bit? The date I’m interested in is Thursday 10/1. I’m worried with reduced capacity they will sell out

If you are definitely going to WDW during that time then there is no reason not to buy them now. If Corona stops the party they will be refunded.

We had to reschedule our June Graduation trip for DS until December...but the points we were using for that trip expire Aug 31st....so....I talked to DH and he was up for an adult only trip Aug 18-22...which means we'll be there for our first ever MNSSHP!!! We are looking at the 21st which is the night before we leave but I'm not letting that stop us - party til the end!

I do have to wait until mid-July to make sure we're going for sure or I have to move my DVC points to RCI so I won't buy tickets just yet..but I'm itching to do so! As long as the parks open in June (sometime) and we'll see how/what is running, DH and I are there!

Can't wait!

My opinion is there’s no real need to buy tickets now. Unless you’re talking 10/31, parties rarely sell out more than than day of, a few days
, or in more isolated cases weeks in advance. I’d personally keep the cash, watch how things progress, and then make decisions later on when we know more about how Disney will operate going forward. In my humble opinion.
I bought our tix for the first night, would be the 2nd time we’ve been able to take GD right before school resumes. Last two years the first night has sold out.

Honestly, cannot imagine how they would be able to distance folks for the parade or FW, even if they cut the crowds by half. TBD I suppose.

At this point, even if disney is operational by the 2nd week of august, honestly not sure as to whether we’d be ‘comfortable’ making the trip. Especially, considering we need to fly.

Worst case scenario, I guess we’d have to ‘eat’ the tickets as it’s my understanding they are non-transferable & non-refundable. At this point prepared to wait until a couple of weeks before purchasing them for DH & I prior to our end of Sept trip

This. I'm not sure why people are still concerned about refunds, etc. - if the party is cancelled you'll get your money back.
People are concerned because Disney hasn't said that. In fact they've said the opposite: tickets are not refundable and not transferable. Do we have any reports of hard ticket events being refunded? I know regular park tickets dated during the closure have their expression date extended, but I haven't heard of anyone who received a cash refund.

So yes, we expect Disney to refund, but there is zero proof that they will. And before you say "Disney is super customer focused!!!!" I'd urge you to go look at how the ABD trips we're handled or some of the early cruises. Simply put: we're in an unknown place here. We expect many things but don't have facts.

People are concerned because Disney hasn't said that. In fact they've said the opposite: tickets are not refundable and not transferable. Do we have any reports of hard ticket events being refunded? I know regular park tickets dated during the closure have their expression date extended, but I haven't heard of anyone who received a cash refund.

So yes, we expect Disney to refund, but there is zero proof that they will. And before you say "Disney is super customer focused!!!!" I'd urge you to go look at how the ABD trips we're handled or some of the early cruises. Simply put: we're in an unknown place here. We expect many things but don't have facts.

Lots of people have posted in the Villains After Hours thread (and others, both here and on FB) that they were given a number of options for their tickets for cancelled dates...tickets to a new date for the same event, tickets for a Halloween party or a refund to the original purchase method.

Last edited:

I assume refunds will be issued. I just don’t see any need for people to rush to get their tickets now with all this uncertainty. I’d wait.

I promise you. In fact I’ll bet the house, that if they don’t have an event, and they’ve sold tickets for the event, they will refund you. I don’t understand how people honestly think Disney is just going to steal all that money. It boggles the mind.

Relax. If the event is cancelled you’ll get refunded.

I promise you. In fact I’ll bet the house, that if they don’t have an event, and they’ve sold tickets for the event, they will refund you. I don’t understand how people honestly think Disney is just going to steal all that money. It boggles the mind.

Relax. If the event is cancelled you’ll get refunded.
For some people, it's not about Disney cancelling the event, and they not getting their money, I highly doubt Disney would keep money for services not rendered.

It's about Disney NOT cancelling the event, but they aren't able to go. For instance, what if I, as a Canadian, had a ticket, Disney is open, but the border isn't? Would Disney refund the ticket in that case because I, personally, couldn't get there? Or would it be that Disney says "Sorry about your luck, the party was held, your fault for not being here"? That's the uncertainty around buying now, when so much is still unknown about how things will be.

For some people, it's not about Disney cancelling the event, and they not getting their money, I highly doubt Disney would keep money for services not rendered.

It's about Disney NOT cancelling the event, but they aren't able to go. For instance, what if I, as a Canadian, had a ticket, Disney is open, but the border isn't? Would Disney refund the ticket in that case because I, personally, couldn't get there? Or would it be that Disney says "Sorry about your luck, the party was held, your fault for not being here"? That's the uncertainty around buying now, when so much is still unknown about how things will be.

:thumbsup2 Here's hoping everything works out for you.

I agree with this. And I would add that I absolutely believe Disney WOULD try to keep your money in some way, as in rescheduling or offering tickets to another event like the Christmas party if you weren't able to go before they would offer a cash refund. They are a business after all and they want you there spending money. I'm not faulting them, just stating a fact.

Personally, I think that there will be changes to the party that might make people WANT to change or cancel their tickets, or if they don't feel safe going, which you really can't figure out so far out. Disney knows this. The party is a money maker so I doubt they would cancel unless things got bad again, but I could see them modifying things like the parade, HP show, fireworks and ride lines.

Simple, don’t buy tickets now. Even in a normal year these tickets don’t sell out that far in advance. There is absolutely no need to buy tickets right now unless you’re 100% certain you’ll be able to attend (or want to attend regardless of whatever unknown changes they might make for the virus).

Do we have any reports of hard ticket events being refunded
The villians party was among the first components of Easter trip that was received
t if they don’t have an event, and they’ve sold tickets for the event, they will refund you. I don’t understand how people honestly think Disney is just going to steal all that money. It boggles the mind.
It’s more of the following...
Hadn’t thought of that but i’d Bet 100% they would refund you.

For those who do live within the US but have people in the parties with high risk categories (and there are tons of them...see the disabilities board), I do believe they should also be refunded pre purchased tickets, period.

Disney tends to handle things on a rolling curve when it comes to situations. Never hurts to call and plead your case...then call back. We all know you often will hear a different response when asking the exact same question.

We had non transferrable, non refundable hard tickets for 3 After Hours parties for our mid May trip. Disney canceled the events and we got a full refund on our credit card(which is how we paid for them) within 3 days of them cancelling, so yes, you would definitely get your money back if Disney cancels the event. Lots of people in the threads got their money back from the AH events. The MNSSHP is no different than the AH events

We had non transferrable, non refundable hard tickets for 3 After Hours parties for our mid May trip. Disney canceled the events and we got a full refund on our credit card(which is how we paid for them) within 3 days of them cancelling, so yes, you would definitely get your money back if Disney cancels the event. Lots of people in the threads got their money back from the AH events. The MNSSHP is no different than the AH events
Yay! I didn't know that, thanks for sharing!

I'm still waiting to buy mine. My concern is that WDW will be open and the party will be happening, but we've decided not to go. I'm scheduled for early fall and am hoping to make the trip, but if the experiences are going to be heavily modified with no discounts offered (not paying a premium price for a modified product), we'll most likely cancel and wait to go in 2021 or 2022.

Just to be sure, would you be flying? Air travel has not been restricted for non-essential travel at any point, only land border crossings. If you were planning on flying down, the border would not give you any problems :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter