Official 2020 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend - CANCELED

why would it matter if it was 1 day out even when they cancelled...I would expect them to refund me FULL amount. If I decide not to come then that's my decision to eat it - but if they cancel it then it is on them to refund me everything (hotel, race, pre-orders, etc).

What rundisney have you dealt with in the past because the rundisney I participate in probably won’t refund you race fees let alone hotels.. just warning you that if you’re thinking along these lines if they cancel, you are going to be in for a rude awakening.

What rundisney have you dealt with in the past because the rundisney I participate in probably won’t refund you race fees let alone hotels.. just warning you that if you’re thinking along these lines if they cancel, you are going to be in for a rude awakening.

Are you serious? As much as you signed a contract - they signed a contract when they sold you the race. There is no way they can withhold your money and not give you the product which they sold you - this is a slam dunk easy case to win in any court of common sense. So, yes, I would expect a FULL REFUND, without any issues.

Are you serious? As much as you signed a contract - they signed a contract when they sold you the race. There is no way they can withhold your money and not give you the product which they sold you - this is a slam dunk easy case to win in any court of common sense. So, yes, I would expect a FULL REFUND, without any issues.

Haven’t run very many races and/or not paid attention to the running industry standards on cancellation of races have you? Don’t shoot the messenger, but I would urge you to read the disclaimer on rundisney for refunds and the running industry standards when a race is cancelled for events beyond their control. I do hope they do not cancel, but good luck to you if they do.

Edit - what couch said below is true and may make a difference.. above is assuming you bought separately through rundisney.

Last edited:
Did you book your hotel and tickets as part of a run disney package or pay for race then book the rest seperate. Because they will be treated separately if you did.

Sorry, Z, but runDisney has this one covered. Their policies for this race clearly state they can change or cancel the race for safety reasons without refunding entry fees.

"runDisney reserves the right to change the details of the event, including altering the course route, delaying, canceling, or suspending the race due to inclement weather or other potential safety risks. Participants must retire at once from the race if ordered to do so by runDisney officials, medical staff or any governmental authority.

As a reminder, registration fees are non-refundable."

I imagine they'll make an internal calculation of the potential loss of goodwill for not refunding money vs. the financial impact of doing so due to costs they'll still incur. I can see them making a gesture of some sort, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they did nothing.

I'm assuming they'll end up just making ALL the Star Wars races virtual this year - while shipping out the medals/shirts since I'd imagine those are all already being produced, while keeping your money. I certainly hope this isn't the case but I'd imagine this will be more tolerable to the general public than just canceling everything.

Am I the only one that keeps checking for FoP fast passes since people may be cancelling trips? Full disclosure, I do realize that cancellation might be a real thing depending on where things are in the next few weeks, but it's good to be prepared.
I picked FOP FP for our arrival day this morning :)

Am I the only one that keeps checking for FoP fast passes since people may be cancelling trips? Full disclosure, I do realize that cancellation might be a real thing depending on where things are in the next few weeks, but it's good to be prepared.
I keep looking for better studio FP+ then the ones I was able to get 30 out for spring break and nothing

Sorry, Z, but runDisney has this one covered. Their policies for this race clearly state they can change or cancel the race for safety reasons without refunding entry fees.

"runDisney reserves the right to change the details of the event, including altering the course route, delaying, canceling, or suspending the race due to inclement weather or other potential safety risks. Participants must retire at once from the race if ordered to do so by runDisney officials, medical staff or any governmental authority.

As a reminder, registration fees are non-refundable."

I imagine they'll make an internal calculation of the potential loss of goodwill for not refunding money vs. the financial impact of doing so due to costs they'll still incur. I can see them making a gesture of some sort, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they did nothing.

And if the Governor declares a state of emergency, as most have during that time, Disney will hang their hat on that for the cancellation. I would suspect as the "goodwill" gesture if this does happen is that they will offer a deferral to another run Disney race in the next year for anyone that wishes. But, the race is a long way out and while lots of things are being cancelled and delayed, most are waiting until the last minute. Even the states/organizations trying to reduce exposure risk are only looking about 2-3 weeks out from now.

My prediction is a park ticket, a full refund, or the option to register for a new race if this is cancelled. While Disney is within their rights to cancel to not refund, I don't see it happening. Too much backlash.

And if the Governor declares a state of emergency, as most have during that time, Disney will hang their hat on that for the cancellation. I would suspect as the "goodwill" gesture if this does happen is that they will offer a deferral to another run Disney race in the next year for anyone that wishes. But, the race is a long way out and while lots of things are being cancelled and delayed, most are waiting until the last minute. Even the states/organizations trying to reduce exposure risk are only looking about 2-3 weeks out from now.
Florida did yesterday. Will depend how long it lasts.

My prediction is a park ticket, a full refund, or the option to register for a new race if this is cancelled. While Disney is within their rights to cancel to not refund, I don't see it happening. Too much backlash.
I had a thought this morning that perhaps one of the reasons for the quick W&D sellout yesterday, was they are holding back registrations in case they had to cancel Star Wars races.

The last time I remember a cancelled half was as part of the 2017 marathon weekend. They were not obligated to offer any compensation at all. It is the risk we agree to when we register for a RunDisney race.
That said ...I felt that RunDisney was generous in offering compensation...but there were no cash refunds. IIRC the options were a gift card equal to the bib fee, entry into the next mornings full marathon or two one day park hoppers.
There may have been an option to register for a later in the year half but I don’t remember.

When runDisney cancelled the 2018 Star Wars Half-The Light Side at Disneyland, they issued full refunds to everyone that had registered early through an email they sent out after the 2017 Light Side races. While regular registration never did open, there were runners, including myself who received a full refund for the cancelled events.

I think runDisney will do something if they have to cancel these events, even if it's issuing a Disney gift card for the full amount of race fees.

A whole lot of us were there a few years ago when they canceled the half marathon because of weather concerns. There were options to choose from, but I do not recall a cash refund among them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter