Official 2021 "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" Thread

Agreed. With our traditional after hours, we would go forever and not see anyone until we were actually in the queues to ride and never a line for snacks. It does greatly resemble the villains events though. There were no activities that would draw crowds. I remember walking out finally seeing a few people and surprised they could have that many in the park and yet it seemed to empty.

I think the first After Hours events were like that, but the one we went to (after word about them got out) definitely had lines for popcorn. Not so much for ice cream though. We also did see people throughout the park but it was very similar to what I'm seeing on the stream now. They just read off the wait times and they are all very short and it sounds like even shorter than what the app is saying since someone just reported walking on a few in a row.

I'm liking what I'm seeing so far!

Does anyone know if any of the rides have halloween themed overlays? My favorite was when they had real people come in the Pirates of the Carribean ride.

I think the first After Hours events were like that, but the one we went to (after word about them got out) definitely had lines for popcorn. Not so much for ice cream though. We also did see people throughout the park but it was very similar to what I'm seeing on the stream now. They just read off the wait times and they are all very short and it sounds like even shorter than what the app is saying since someone just reported walking on a few in a row.

I'm liking what I'm seeing so far!

Crowds may have varied but we did our last one in fall 2019 so not that long before the shut down. They were amazing. This is not bad at all though- pleasantly surprised.

This might sound dumb but since you also have a child I feel that you may “get” why this is important for me to know beforehand. Please let me know if you see any costumes with lights. My child has a mermaid costume with lights in the fins that she is very exvited to wear. I don’t see anything in policy that states it’s not allowed. (And before haters get started yes we will turn them off at rides. And they are not huge spotlights they are little star lights) I’m just SO worried we will get there and be told that it is not allowed. If I know beforehand I can tell her but I don’t want to find out at the gate when she’s already excited. I considered calling but I know that different CM will say different things. I hope that makes sense…..and thank you!

I just saw a woman in skirt threaded with lights

I don’t know …. I’m Annoyed It’s crowded in Frontierland. The cart we went to didn’t have water. 15 minutes to get a specialty drink. I went through two candy lines. The first one told me I had to go back to beginning to get allergy coin. The second one said sorry I don’t have hand sanitizer. I can’t give you one. So I waited in that line for nothing…and of course I have to go somewhere else with these coins to actually get something. I’m not even sure if it’s something my kid will eat.

Crowds may have varied but we did our last one in fall 2019 so not that long before the shut down. They were amazing. This is not bad at all though- pleasantly surprised.

My all time favorite was a Halloween Party I went to on my solo trip one year (2018 I think) on Labor Day. The crowds were so light and it was just an awesome experience!

I don’t know …. I’m Annoyed It’s crowded in Frontierland. The cart we went to didn’t have water. 15 minutes to get a specialty drink. I went through two candy lines. The first one told me I had to go back to beginning to get allergy coin. The second one said sorry I don’t have hand sanitizer. I can’t give you one. So I waited in that line for nothing…and of course I have to go somewhere else with these coins to actually get something. I’m not even sure if it’s something my kid will eat.
Sorry to hear that. Hope things get better for you.

Watched a bit of the live stream. The crowds I see are definitely much more than the regular AH events we have attended in late January/ February. For those events there were maybe 5-10 people in a crowded snack line. And many rides were true walk one. In many parts of the park we would only see 1 or 2 other groups. I didn’t see any area that looked empty tonight. Of course, if lots of people are waiting in line for snacks, might mean less people in ride lines. But this is absolutely more crowded than a normal after hours.

Yeah. It seems that many are out waiting and waiting for those cavalcades. I think it would have been better just to have a parade.
Agreed. If you’re going to grab a spot and watch all four, that’s longer than a parade. This probably made sense if they thought people would move around and catch them whenever, but clearly people are staying put. I know it’s outside so I’m not too worried about covid, but delta does transmit so much easier than ancestral covid or Alpha…and that’s a good amount of people in Frontierland.

I mean I understand it’s exactly what they advertised but without the stage shows, fireworks, character meets, and full parade it’s not even diet not so scary Halloween party it’s so watered down.

Sad. The cavalcade did give me Halloween vibes. I promise I’ll never take MNSSHP for granted-when we get through this.

Agreed. If you’re going to grab a spot and watch all four, that’s longer than a parade. This probably made sense if they thought people would move around and catch them whenever, but clearly people are staying put. I know it’s outside so I’m not too worried about covid, but delta does transmit so much easier than ancestral covid or Alpha…and that’s a good amount of people in Frontierland.
Way longer it seems. And with just a fraction of floats compared to the regular parade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter