Official 2021 "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" Thread

Now that they just announced fire works coming back for July 4th.

Have you seen an official announcement that fireworks are coming back for July 4? I have not seen anything on the Disney Parks blog or the Disney World website.

I don’t think this logic translates for AHs events. They are already well below capacity. Just making up numbers here, but let’s say MK is at 60% capacity or 60,000 guests. After Hours caps at 6,000. Why would Disney further limit it to 60% of that?? I don’t think they would because they are already so far below their stated capacity limits.

And if we see sold out dates start to become available again, I don’t think that looks very good for Disney. This event is specifically sold as limited availability. They have so far never increased capacity after selling out a date. I also think if they were going to have spots set aside for the general public release, they would have listed 2 buckets, like they do with park reservations. As far as we know, sold out means sold out.
Then again, when it comes to park passes, “sold out” has never meant sold out—they have often refilled the buckets to green after a day went grey. I think Disney can do whatever it wants here in terms of adding capacity.

I don't see it as a lesser event. Having lower crowds is why it's worth the extra money. I have done both MNSSHP and DAH and we had a much more enjoyable experience at the AH event. The party was too crowded and we didn't enjoy having to fight through the crowds and stand in long lines... the value wasn't there for us. I will gladly forgo the fireworks, parade and stage show, to have a more relaxed experience.
Did the regular AH events have parades and characters? I've never been to am AH event and the regular AH events always seemed more appealing then MNSSHP to me. I want the lower crowds.

Did the regular AH events have parades and characters? I've never been to am AH event and the regular AH events always seemed more appealing then MNSSHP to me. I want the lower crowds.

No. AH events were mainly just for rides with extremely low crowds and a few character meets.

After Hours events did not have parades and special characters - a few of the regularly scheduled characters were available.

But the Villains After Hours event did have an elaborate Castle show, a quick parade with the fire breathing Maleficient, photo ops, no character meets at all, low ride times except for at Space Mountain and Pirates which has event overlays, free snacks, special event merchandise, special event snacks that weren't free, DJ in between the castle shows, a bunch of Villains at the train station interacting with guests from a far - Bowler Hat guy, Gaston, Drizella, Anastasia to name a few.

This is what I am I am hoping for out of this event.

The VAH was the only AH that had anything extra with the Maleficent float wandering around and the stage show, plus extra treats and villians at the train station saying "good bye" as you exited at the end of the event. Otherwise most of them were just low crowds and free snacks, which I don't mind at all.

Regarding the buckets of available tickets, we'll see on the 15th. Regarding the capacity analogy, I think you have the inverse of what I proposed. Let's use your numbers to help track what I was saying.... Current circumstance is capacity is at 60% or 60,000 guests and this After Hours caps at 10% capacity or 6,000 guests. If in September capacity increases to 75% or 75,000 guests, then the proportional 10% AH capacity would be 7,500 guests. That is an additional 1,500 tickets to be sold before reaching the newly increased sold out capacity.

Now, I'm not saying that Disney set current capacity limits for future event sales. Using the above example, maybe they have booked the event at the increased 75% and after the 15th we'll know sold out means sold out. I hope this helps better explain possibilities as park circumstances continually evolve.
These events don't follow regular park capacity though, we can't even speculate as to how they've calculated the numbers, they don't base them on regular day park capacity at all I don't think. I think you're reading way too much in to it, in reality they probably said "we want to make 'x' amount of money so we're going to set capacity at this amount", that amount hopefully is such so that people feel they got their moneys worth out of a "low capacity" event or Disney will be handing out refunds left and right like they did for the VAH at the beginning.

These events don't follow regular park capacity though, we can't even speculate as to how they've calculated the numbers, they don't base them on regular day park capacity at all I don't think. I think you're reading way too much in to it, in reality they probably said "we want to make 'x' amount of money so we're going to set capacity at this amount", that amount hopefully is such so that people feel they got their moneys worth out of a "low capacity" event or Disney will be handing out refunds left and right like they did for the VAH at the beginning.

Agreed. I don’t think Boo Bash capacity has anything to do with current COVID capacity and they won’t increase it as regular capacity is increased because they’ve already set the numbers.

Have you seen an official announcement that fireworks are coming back for July 4? I have not seen anything on the Disney Parks blog or the Disney World website.
I read last night, but don't remember where. The end of June was some trial dates, with the official kick off on July 4th.

I read last night, but don't remember where. The end of June was some trial dates, with the official kick off on July 4th.
I've seen nothing official, just a few websites reporting that cast members in the parks are saying they'll be back some time in July. I've read both the 4th and the 7th, but at this point, it's CM chatter and that's not real reliable.

No. AH events were mainly just for rides with extremely low crowds and a few character meets.
After Hours events did not have parades and special characters - a few of the regularly scheduled characters were available.

But the Villains After Hours event did have an elaborate Castle show, a quick parade with the fire breathing Maleficient, photo ops, no character meets at all, low ride times except for at Space Mountain and Pirates which has event overlays, free snacks, special event merchandise, special event snacks that weren't free, DJ in between the castle shows, a bunch of Villains at the train station interacting with guests from a far - Bowler Hat guy, Gaston, Drizella, Anastasia to name a few.

This is what I am I am hoping for out of this event.
The VAH was the only AH that had anything extra with the Maleficent float wandering around and the stage show, plus extra treats and villians at the train station saying "good bye" as you exited at the end of the event. Otherwise most of them were just low crowds and free snacks, which I don't mind at all.

Thank you everyone. Really looking forward to this event.

I had a question. I’ve been trying to find the answer but haven’t yet. What time does BOO BASH tickets go on sale online on the 15th? I wanted to know when to wake up to get tickets that day before work. Thank you!

Then again, when it comes to park passes, “sold out” has never meant sold out—they have often refilled the buckets to green after a day went grey. I think Disney can do whatever it wants here in terms of adding capacity.

After Hours events aren’t the same. They have never had some out dates return for increased capacity. They are specifically marketed as low wait times. They can’t increase capacity just to keep selling tickets. Not without having people complaining & demanding refunds at guest services.

That's what I was going to say - bloggers don't always have accurate information.
This specific one has been brought up the last few days on the news thread and every time it's been off 🙃

The fact that this "report" has been live for 24 hours and no one else has picked up on it makes it even less reliable.

We did two AH - one at MK and one at AK. Both of them had all the character meets that were available at the time in each of the parks. Dec 2019. We loved both of them.

After Hours events aren’t the same. They have never had some out dates return for increased capacity. They are specifically marketed as low wait times. They can’t increase capacity just to keep selling tickets. Not without having people complaining & demanding refunds at guest services.
Specifically, BooBash is advertised as lessess time waiting in line - that's a pretty vague description and the same words they used to describe Villains After Hours. With regular After Hours the wording was little to no wait. It's a huge difference, but I agree, I've never seen them show availability once sold out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter