Official 2021 "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" Thread

We are getting our costumes together for Boo Bash - we go in August. We are doing NBC theme and we will have a Lock, Shock, and Barrel in our group. We have paper masks for them and we were planning on attaching them to lanyards and wearing them as a necklace since adults are not allowed to wear masks. They will never wear them but do you think there will be any issue with security etc with even having masks on a lanyard? We would hate to get there and learn they have to be thrown away.

So, to put a few fears to rest from my friend that works at WDW (doing numbers stuff), some of the tickets (not ALL but SOME) of the tickets that became available are because the system didn't update in real time when people transferred their tickets from one date to another. Much like when people cancel a park pass reservation and disney refills buckets, it doesn't usually mean they upped park attendance, it just means their system doesn't just dumpt those cancelled or moved reservations back in to the system. It's the same with the tickets, the have to go back and take a nother look. Like a family of 4 moved from one october date to the event before that date, but another family moved from that date that family moved to to another date.....and it's like musical chairs. They have to go through and take a look, sift through, make sure it all is accounted for, and then re-add them to the system.
[/QUOT
THANK YOU!!!! I will clutch these words tightly every time my anxiety starts to peak!

So, to put a few fears to rest from my friend that works at WDW (doing numbers stuff), some of the tickets (not ALL but SOME) of the tickets that became available are because the system didn't update in real time when people transferred their tickets from one date to another. Much like when people cancel a park pass reservation and disney refills buckets, it doesn't usually mean they upped park attendance, it just means their system doesn't just dumpt those cancelled or moved reservations back in to the system. It's the same with the tickets, the have to go back and take a nother look. Like a family of 4 moved from one october date to the event before that date, but another family moved from that date that family moved to to another date.....and it's like musical chairs. They have to go through and take a look, sift through, make sure it all is accounted for, and then re-add them to the system.

I simply do not believe that every single night with the exception of the first night and Halloween night opened up who knows how many spots due to people moving tickets around. A few nights, perhaps, but when someone changed their dates they took a spot on another date and they certainly didn't gain any open spots due to cancellations. It makes no sense that ALL nights would show availability. And if it were only some of the tickets, then they did increase capacity.

Many people who called in asking got a similar answer. Seems plausible because many people shifted dates when Sundays opened.

I’m willing to give the benefit of the doubt for now. After many fun parties we decided no more during the insanely crowded MVMCP Dec ‘19. We’re giving this one a chance because it’s billed as After Hours.

Back around 2015/16 there was intense backlash that MK wasn’t clearing the park of day guests during MNSSHP. Many refunds were given one season. After that MK used a stricter clearing process. HS replaced tons of tickets when RotR opened to keep the peace days when BGs never got called. I think they remember these and hope that means being careful not to turn Boo bash into a refundable experience and a GS nightmare.

Sorry, personally I’m not buying this....I think it’s Disney simply adding capacity.

Not getting this. If the new availability was just the few spots that opened up when people who originally booked one date moved to another, then it seems like all of those events would have sold out again quickly once the new availability was posted. I mean, how many people actually moved their dates? As a percentage of tickets sold, I would think that it’s negligible.

Not getting this. If the new availability was just the few spots that opened up when people who originally booked one date moved to another, then it seems like all of those events would have sold out again quickly once the new availability was posted. I mean, how many people actually moved their dates? As a percentage of tickets sold, I would think that it’s negligible.
My thoughts exactly, particularly for that 10/5 date. I don't think that friend is very well informed, potentially just making things up as she goes.
If I had an IE on my team spreading this kind of info they'd be dropped in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
What's weird is that there is another day sold out in August. Makes no sense to my why.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210626-194053_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210626-194053_Samsung Internet.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 71
I’ve seen people RunDisney with L/S/B masks draped over their shoulder so I would assume they would be fine like this for you

October 5th now shows SOLD OUT again. That is a fantastic sign. THat is the week of the 50th, but still, it couldn't have had that many tickets added, as not that many people would be checing for new availability, I wouldn't think.

-R

October 5th now shows SOLD OUT again. That is a fantastic sign. THat is the week of the 50th, but still, it couldn't have had that many tickets added, as not that many people would be checing for new availability, I wouldn't think.

-R
As of this moment there are 147K views on a thread that's only just over 3 weeks old. And that's just here, the news spread all over the internet.
Yes, there could and probably were a ton of people looking for news about availability, some like myself again reweighed the cost vs value and chose not to buy, others bit the bullet.

Last edited:
Ugh! Almost all the dates were sold out when I rearranged my entire trip last week so I could buy tickets for one of the last two remaining nights in October, and NOW I see that there are plenty of dates available again. I feel so stupid. I should have known they would increase capacity or add more dates. I could have saved myself so much trouble by just waiting.

Ugh! Almost all the dates were sold out when I rearranged my entire trip last week so I could buy tickets for one of the last two remaining nights in October, and NOW I see that there are plenty of dates available again. I feel so stupid. I should have known they would increase capacity or add more dates. I could have saved myself so much trouble by just waiting.
Yeah that part is stinky. A lot of people said similar. Moved trip dates or added days that could’ve been avoided if Sundays were originally offered.

Many people who called in asking got a similar answer. Seems plausible because many people shifted dates when Sundays opened.

I’m willing to give the benefit of the doubt for now. After many fun parties we decided no more during the insanely crowded MVMCP Dec ‘19. We’re giving this one a chance because it’s billed as After Hours.

Back around 2015/16 there was intense backlash that MK wasn’t clearing the park of day guests during MNSSHP. Many refunds were given one season. After that MK used a stricter clearing process. HS replaced tons of tickets when RotR opened to keep the peace days when BGs never got called. I think they remember these and hope that means being careful not to turn Boo bash into a refundable experience and a GS nightmare.
Something similar happened after the first After hours , originally they gave us these awesome lanyards but realized day guests were hanging around and people would ‘share them’. Lots of complaints later and then wrist bands were given 😔weren’t quite as nice but fixed that problem !

What are the chances that Disney chooses to go with an after hours event in lieu of MVMCP this year?
I'd like to bring my mom over for the earlier hours of MVMCP, but there's no way she'd be able to attend a 9pm - midnight affair.

Something similar happened after the first After hours , originally they gave us these awesome lanyards but realized day guests were hanging around and people would ‘share them’. Lots of complaints later and then wrist bands were given 😔weren’t quite as nice but fixed that problem !

Yep. I watched a family take off the lanyards and hand them over to the half that hadn't ridden buzz light year yet. And people arguing that since Mom wasn't going to ride, she shouldn't have to have an event ticket. Knowing what I paid for tickets for the entire family, that really made me angry.

Yep. I watched a family take off the lanyards and hand them over to the half that hadn't ridden buzz light year yet. And people arguing that since Mom wasn't going to ride, she shouldn't have to have an event ticket. Knowing what I paid for tickets for the entire family, that really made me angry.

I had a similar experience I observed several people taking turns wearing a lanyard to ride a ride...the same evening I saw someone with a lanyard get multiple Mickey ice cream bars and bring them back to a table and pass around to several people and they laughed about all the money they were saving....yes I used my phone to video and took right to guest services.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter