Official 2021 "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" Thread

I follow a couple a DCP blogger. They work in MK and worked on a party night last weekend and they said it was sold out and that was somewhere between 9-10 Thousand.
Grain of salt but that’s the first time I’ve heard actual numbers for Boo Bash.

Heads up we got tickets this morning for tomorrow’s event at City Hall in Magic Kingdom. Shows as sold out online. Got them this morning around 830am.
Thank you! Hoping we can do the same in two weeks!! We plan to dress up so I was hoping we could at least get them the morning of.

My 17 year old daughter and I attended the August 17 and August 20 events. We had a blast both days but definitely felt like we couldn't get it all done in one night. The first night we focused on rides and watched the later cavalcades, the second night we focused on snacks, seeing the character spots, and watched the later cavalcades again (Nightmare Before Christmas is my favorite so seeing Jack Skellington twice was a must!). We weren't interested in the candy/trick or treating so we didn't do that either night.

Thoughts:
*Snack lines were long at the start of both parties and fine by the end
*Popcorn we got on the 17th was definitely popped earlier in the day and stale, on the 20th they were popping fresh
*The Cadaver Dans were so fun and Chip & Dale were nearby watching the whole time, it was really cute!
*The Cavalcades were so fun and all of the characters interacted with as many people as possible
*The Cast Members at this event were great, especially at the August 20 party, we had so many fun interactions with them
*Most guests were great and we loved seeing everyone's costumes! It was so fun to people watch.
*Certain areas of the park were more crowded than others. Frontierland was pretty crowded because of the cavalcades starting there and also Chip & Dale / Cadaver Dans being there. Adventureland was a ghost town at the end of the night. Fantasyland was crowded at times but lighter later in the evening.
*Main Street/Hub was super crowded during fireworks with day guests and party guests. We avoided that area during that time
*Almost all of the rides were walk-ons. The longest wait was 20 minutes for PPF and 7DMT. Space Mountain was a walk on the first night and had a small wait the second. We rode Splash 5 times in a row with no wait and got to see the fireworks while riding.

First Night Overview (August 17) - we arrived at the park around 8. We didn't buy our tickets until 6pm after being at the park all day so we ran back to our hotel to change out of sweaty clothes:
*Walk through Emporium to check out halloween merch
*Pirates
*Splash Mountain
*Big Thunder x 2
*Pirates x 2
*Jungle Cruise
*Peter Pan's Flight
*Mine Train
*Space Mountain
*Barnstormer
*Dumbo
*Haunted Mansion
*Watched Carlotta for 10 minutes or so
*All later set of cavalcades
*Slowly left to avoid crowded buses at the end of the night
*Three stops for free water/pop/popcorn/ice cream

Second Night Overview (August 20) - we bought our tickets around noon so we took a quick break in the afternoon and were back by 6:30pm
*Strolled through shops on Main Street
*Picked up our wristbands at Tortuga Tavern at 7
*Pirates
*Splash x 5, during fireworks (trying to beat a previous vacation record!)
*Pirates
*Jungle Cruise
*Pics with Pirate Goofy
*People Mover
*Winnie the Pooh
*Dumbo & Barnstormer
*Big Thunder
*Watched Cadaver Dans
*Watched and took pics with Chip & Dale (they were adorable!)
*Hung out in Frontierland and people watched until the cavalcades
*Skipped the last one and shopped at the Emporium (it was our last night)
*Three stops for free snacks
*Other snacks - Mocha Chocolate Chip drink, Maleficent churros, Green apple drink. They were all fine but nothing great. Liked my Peter Pan float from Storybook Treats better!

Overall, the parties were expensive but we loved them. This was a once in a decade girls trip for my girl and I. She turned 17 on the 17th and I turned 40 on the 20th and she's starting her senior year, so we were ok with going all out and not getting it all done but having fun our way and just making memories. We thought some of the Halloween merchandise was really overpriced but got some cute stuff. The light-up Oogie Boogie ears were only $10! We were shocked. She got them and Oogie Boogie kept nodding at her and waving to her, it was really cute/creepy.

If anyone has any questions, let me know!

For those that are buying tickets to “sold out” events, has anyone asked the CMs why tickets are now available? Or if you are trying to buy them soon, can you ask please? Just curious if they say its from changes, cancellations or what. Thanks!
You can see on this thread MANY people who have canceled trips recently that included Boo Bash tickets (including me). Some were given refunds (I was fortunate to get one for my family of 4 Boo Bash tickets for Labor Day) and some were given credits for future tickets. All in all, there are many people just on the DIS cancelling, and these are some of the most devoted Disney fans who might be the least likely to give up a Disney trip. The rest of the universe probably would be even more likely to cancel a trip out of health concerns, so I think they have a lot of "cancellation" tickets to sell on the days prior to a party. I think putting the tickets as "available" online again after they said it was "sold out" would get them some blow back, as what happened last month when all of the sold out parties suddenly had online availability again. So they figure they can just sell them onsite and folks will feel like they hit the gold mine and got tickets to a sold out event. And they will still sell every single ticket.

I just called again. Was told the same thing. We already rebooked for next year so hopefully we will just apply it towards whatever Halloween-ish thing they do next year

I also called to cancel my boo bash tickets. I was told that they do not expire and that the amount could be applied to a future DisneyWorld ticket. She said that even though I bought the tickets for my parents and they are assigned to them in MDE that I could use the credit for me or my family. She also said I could give the tickets to someone else if I wanted. I will probably call again tomorrow to double check that the info is true.

Just got to MK 10 minutes ago. Got off the boat and the skies opened up. We are hiding under the tent at the boat launch. It's that bad and we have no ponchos or an umbrella🙄 did I mention all the thunder?
I’m here looking out the window of my room at Poly and crossing fingers, toes and ears that this moves on for you all soon! According to the radar I checked, for what it’s worth, it says heavy rain ending around 10pm.

I’m here looking out the window of my room at Poly and crossing fingers, toes and ears that this moves on for you all soon! According to the radar I checked, for what it’s worth, it says heavy rain ending around 10pm.
On our way now on the buses. Wondering if we could cancel our tix and take the credit? Or go in and chance the weather?

Here now.. in line for Peter Pan to avoid the rain for a bit. Anyone know where we can get our bands in the park? So disappointed about the rain

Waiting it out at hall of Presidents. We tried walking to pirates, it was a no go. My slides are soaked. So is everything else. We bought ponchos. If this doesn't stop I don't see how they could have a party.

Th
Here now.. in line for Peter Pan to avoid the rain for a bit. Anyone know where we can get our bands in the park? So disappointed about the rain
They were handing them out when we scanned in but crazily the lady checked NOTHING she just put it in us? Like even early breakfast makes you scan to prove it. Anyone scanning in could have walked up and said we are here for boo bash and got a band from that lady. There were tons right at the entrance putting bands on people it was weird.

Here now too. You can get them at Buzz Lightyear or Tangaro Terrace. Tables at Tangaroa terrace to get out of the rain. What happens to the fireworks? Any announcements?

Same! About 10 minutes behind you in line according to the time stamp. Have fun and try to stay dry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter