• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2021 "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" Thread

Has anyone had luck changing the date of their boo bash ticket? I was told today by a CM on the phone I would need to buy a new ticket and request a separate refund for the old ticket. I’m not looking forward to maybe being out the cost of two events.
I’m looking to move to Sept 12, so there is availability.
That’s what I had to do - buy tickets for the new date and get refunded (credit on my CC) for the old. I was skeptical- but received my refund quicker than I expected.

Thank you everyone for your updates and I sympathize with those who had issues last night.

The one thing I was hoping to get some thoughts on is perceived value of this event. I see some people canceling due to covid surge and it got me thinking with similar trends of trip cancellations does anyone feel value of boo bash is diminished? It seems to me the wait times are more manageable during normal hours then they were a month ago when buying tickets. I have no trips upcoming but just wondering if the bang for buck is there for upcoming trips if wait times during day are more normal.

We attended a MVMCP in 2019 that was rained out. We were given a card as we were leaving stated that we were given a one day pass or could use the ticket towards another party. The card said nothing about making sure to prioritize the tickets. The next day we went to AK and those one day tickets were used even though everyone had 7 hoppers with 3 days left on them and I had an AP. We ended up fighting this with GS in DS over the next year and getting the one day pass back. Just a warning to make sure you don't need to prioritize those tickets ASAP.

I have not seen it anywhere in the tread, but I could have missed it. Anyone who has purchased tickets with the DVC discount? Did you have to go to the will call window or could you get the bands at the gate with the linked ticket in MDE?

We were there last night and by there I mean hunkered down at Bua stop till I finally ran for GS. We got a full refund. I feel for anyone that stayed.

I have not seen it anywhere in the tread, but I could have missed it. Anyone who has purchased tickets with the DVC discount? Did you have to go to the will call window or could you get the bands at the gate with the linked ticket in MDE?
I purchased it with an AP discount and I didn't have to go to will call.

Thank you everyone for your updates and I sympathize with those who had issues last night.

The one thing I was hoping to get some thoughts on is perceived value of this event. I see some people canceling due to covid surge and it got me thinking with similar trends of trip cancellations does anyone feel value of boo bash is diminished? It seems to me the wait times are more manageable during normal hours then they were a month ago when buying tickets. I have no trips upcoming but just wondering if the bang for buck is there for upcoming trips if wait times during day are more normal.

For our case, where we haven't been in five years and only had a few days, it was worth it. The kids pretty much just took off and ran onto whatever ride they wanted (all the mountains, Peter Pan, Mine Train, HM,Pirates, etc). We didn't hang out for any cavalcades of character sightings (the kids are 17 and 14 and would just rather ride stuff at this point), so we really treated it like an after hours event. We would hit the ice cream/beverage cart over by Tomorrowland Speedway (there was no line at that one all night), ones in Fantasyland or Frontierland seemed really crowded though.

It was also nice to just run amok in the night at Magic Kingdom, it was a lot of fun. As always, your mileage may vary though,,,

I’m sorry for all who had to experience the rainy boo bash, but I also want to say that I’m impressed with Disney handling of this one. If I read correctly it sounds like people who chose to tough it out still got to experience rides and trick or treating for the full time promised. I understand that the weather did impact what was available and lack of things definitely are a bummer, but sounds like they got to experience it and still received full refunds, promise of another park day, or another boo bash ticket! I think that is a score if you’re able to get back to Disney to use the tickets! I think offering FULL refunds or new tickets to people who still attended the full amount of time is extremely generous on Disney’s part and is a welcomed piece of info considering all the negative comments about recent customer service choices (I’m looking at you magical express and fast pass+)

We had DVC boo bash Tix for 8/17 linked to DME. Went straight thru the gate at 7pm, no need to visit guest services.

Has anyone that visited boo bash last night gotten one day tix added to their accounts? Guest services says everyone that attended will get one and that it’ll take approx 24 hrs to appear.

Has anyone that visited boo bash last night gotten one day tix added to their accounts? Guest services says everyone that attended will get one and that it’ll take approx 24 hrs to appear.
I got the notice last night as a push notification. It said you won't be able to see it but could make a park reservations.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210824-233417_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20210824-233417_Disney World.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 37
I got the notice last night as a push notification. It said you won't be able to see it but could make a park reservations.
I didn’t get any notifications like that.
I don’t know why. I think I will need to get with guest services again because I’ve got other complimentary tickets on my account that I want to use in the future. So if this one doesn’t show up that won’t work well for us.

my boo bash tix are not on my account any longer either.

We went to guest services today and had no problem receiving a full refund. Trick or treat stations opened late and many snack places ran out of food. The rain added to the disaster

We attended a MVMCP in 2019 that was rained out. We were given a card as we were leaving stated that we were given a one day pass or could use the ticket towards another party. The card said nothing about making sure to prioritize the tickets. The next day we went to AK and those one day tickets were used even though everyone had 7 hoppers with 3 days left on them and I had an AP. We ended up fighting this with GS in DS over the next year and getting the one day pass back. Just a warning to make sure you don't need to prioritize those tickets ASAP.

You can prioritize your tickets any guest services or ticket window.

We went to guest services today and had no problem receiving a full refund. Trick or treat stations opened late and many snack places ran out of food. The rain added to the disaster
I think we will need to do this. I don’t go to MK again till Friday so I’m hoping they can help me then.

I didn’t get any notifications like that.
I don’t know why. I think I will need to get with guest services again because I’ve got other complimentary tickets on my account that I want to use in the future. So if this one doesn’t show up that won’t work well for us.

my boo bash tix are not on my account any longer either.
Neither are mine but I took the refund. I went today in MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter