• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2021 "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" Thread

Neither are mine but I took the refund. I went today in MK.
I went to MK guest services this afternoon. Took all of 5 minutes to get my full refund. She did say the one day ticket would still be on my account. Not that I can see it anywhere. I have an AP so I wouldn’t be able to use it, but I wanted to see if I could reassign it to someone else.

I went to MK guest services this afternoon. Took all of 5 minutes to get my full refund. She did say the one day ticket would still be on my account. Not that I can see it anywhere. I have an AP so I wouldn’t be able to use it, but I wanted to see if I could reassign it to someone else.
I just chatted with someone on the app and it sounds like since I have other complimentary tickets on my account that this would be a very difficult thing to use.
I’m frustrated because I don’t feel like I need a full refund but I also don’t want to jump through hoops to use this “free park day” pass they’ve offered.

Really? She didn't mention it to me. I have an annual pass but my kids don't.

Since it is unlikely that disney will put newly available Boo Bash tickets online for purchase, which of the disney phone numbers do people suggest to call for availability (in October)? (Since I need to fly, I need to have ONE ticket (maybe two if possible) in hand before I head down.)

Since it is unlikely that disney will put newly available Boo Bash tickets online for purchase, which of the disney phone numbers do people suggest to call for availability (in October)? (Since I need to fly, I need to have ONE ticket (maybe two if possible) in hand before I head down.)
I was told I would need to check in person.

I went to Guest Services first thing yesterday morning to talk about our 8/24 Boo Bash experience. I wasn't offered a refund (I didn't ask), but after I turned down a ticket extension (we were flying out that day) and vouchers for a future party (we don't usually vacation during the party season) they gave us 2-day parkhoppers to use whenever we come back.

Also, these appeared today in my MDE, one for each family member. (They weren't there yesterday and our original Boo Bash tickets disappeared after we used them.) Still trying to figure out if they're representative of the one-day tickets offered in the push notification to guests (note the expiration in 1 year), or something else.

I’m sorry for all who had to experience the rainy boo bash, but I also want to say that I’m impressed with Disney handling of this one. If I read correctly it sounds like people who chose to tough it out still got to experience rides and trick or treating for the full time promised. I understand that the weather did impact what was available and lack of things definitely are a bummer, but sounds like they got to experience it and still received full refunds, promise of another park day, or another boo bash ticket! I think that is a score if you’re able to get back to Disney to use the tickets! I think offering FULL refunds or new tickets to people who still attended the full amount of time is extremely generous on Disney’s part and is a welcomed piece of info considering all the negative comments about recent customer service choices (I’m looking at you magical express and fast pass+)

The trick-or-treating did not go as promised, FWIW. We wasted the first full hour (while Splash, Jungle Cruise, 7DMT, Big Thunder, Peoplemover, etc., were all closed due to lightning, driving up the lines for all the indoor rides) trying in vain to trick-or-treat or get ahold of a snack or drink. At the first 3 treat stations at which we waited (Pinnochio, Ariel's Grotto, Pete's Silly Side Show), CMs eventually emerged and announced that they weren't open or had no candy yet, and the snack carts we tried to visit (Fantasyland, Liberty Square, Frontierland) ran out of snacks and drinks before we ever got to the front of the line. In short, we spent a very expensive hour doing little but stand in lines in the rain and listen to CMs apologize. I can't fault Disney for the weather and the ride shutdowns and entertainment/character cancellations it caused, but the snacks and candy were simple things that Disney could and should have been able to deliver on - indeed, it was the only job they were left with after every other aspect of the Bash was canceled - and it was a total debacle.

Last edited:

Is the resort monorail still running at the end of boo bash to get back to GF? I think I read for 30 minutes after but didn’t know if anyone has been there knows for sure. Thanks

Day of tickets were available today when we went to GS outside MK at 2:30. Unfortunately, GS on the phone simply said they were sold out even though I knew they weren't. So we had to trek to the MK to get the tickets. It was a pain, but we got our tckets!

Day of tickets were available today when we went to GS outside MK at 2:30. Unfortunately, GS on the phone simply said they were sold out even though I knew they weren't. So we had to trek to the MK to get the tickets. It was a pain, but we got our tckets!
Thanks for sharing! Glad to hear you were able to get them at the GS outside of MK. Bummer they didn’t just tell you over the phone. Maybe your call was routed to the call center?

Here’s my report for the boo bash tonight. I got to magic kingdom right around 6:45 and the crowds were insane. Luckily it was a pretty quick process and I was in by 7:02. Since there were boo bash guests and regular guests for the first 2 hours I’m not going to count anything I got done in the first 2 hours. Also from 9-10:30 the crowds did seem really large and ride lines were still long. I got in line for snacks and it was pretty long but moved quickly. Trick or treating was successful for me as well. They actually filled up more than the bag they gave and would have happily given me more but I thought I had plenty. So here’s a breakdown of what I accomplished from 9:30-12:30:

buzz
Winnie the pooh
Dumbo
Big thunder railroad
Splash mountain
Space mountain x2
7dmt x3

I watched 3 cavalcades, got 3 diet Coke’s , an ice cream bar, ice cream sandwich, and popcorn. In the beginning I felt like it wasn’t really worth the money but by the end of the night I was really happy with the outcome.

Thank you everyone for your updates and I sympathize with those who had issues last night.

The one thing I was hoping to get some thoughts on is perceived value of this event. I see some people canceling due to covid surge and it got me thinking with similar trends of trip cancellations does anyone feel value of boo bash is diminished? It seems to me the wait times are more manageable during normal hours then they were a month ago when buying tickets. I have no trips upcoming but just wondering if the bang for buck is there for upcoming trips if wait times during day are more normal.

I went to the 8/20 Boo Bash after having a great MK morning on 8/19. I was worried about that as well-that since the lines were already low, the value of the Boo Bash would be diminished. But having attended MNSSHP a few years back, we had much more fun at the Boo Bash. Yes, the time was shorter. But not having to get a spot for the parade or wait in long character lines, we actually did better than the longer party. Trick or treating stations were really fast, as were the snack stations after the first line at 9:30 went through. We only did two trick or treating stations during MNSSHP because lines were long. I had a good time at MNSSHP, but I do remember being surprised by the crowds in a negative way. It was the opposite here, in some parts of the park, I couldn't see anyone but my own family. We liked the atmosphere and energy, it was the perfect amount without being over the top. It was August after all :)
The one thing I would have liked were more characters sprinkled around the park. It's so easy to grab a selfie, interact from afar and move on. I would have liked more opportunity to do that.

From 9:30 to 12:30, we were able to ride JC, BTMRR, SM, HM, 7DMT and Peoplemover. We did 6 trick or treat stations, 3 cavalcades and the Cadaver Dans. We saw Gideon, Foulfellow, Chip, Dale, Mickey, Minnie, Daisy, Pluto and Donald. We got popcorn twice, ice cream 2 or three times (it was really too much), the Maleficent churros and a Peter Pan float.

Last edited:
From 9:30 to 12:30, we were able to ride JC, BTMRR, SM, HM, 7DMT and Peoplemover. We did 6 trick or treat stations, 3 cavalcades and the Cadaver Dans. We saw Gideon, Foulfellow, Chip, Dale, Mickey, Minnie, Daisy, Pluto and Donald. We got popcorn twice, ice cream 2 or three times (it was really too much), the Maleficent churros and a Peter Pan float.

Where were Donald, Daisy, and Pluto? I thought they were only in the cavalcades. Daisy is my favorite.

Anyone flown home with their candy haul in carryon this year? I know in past years, I have seen reports that they have inspected every piece of candy at security and don’t want to do that. Not sure about melting in checked luggage. Just don’t want to be that person who ties up security. Would rather give the candy away instead (shhh don’t tell my daughter that lol)

Anyone flown home with their candy haul in carryon this year? I know in past years, I have seen reports that they have inspected every piece of candy at security and don’t want to do that. Not sure about melting in checked luggage. Just don’t want to be that person who ties up security. Would rather give the candy away instead (shhh don’t tell my daughter that lol)
We just flew home two days ago with our candy in carry ons and it was fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter