Official 2021 "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" Thread

I hadn't seen your previous post. Sorry. FWIW, I don't feel miserable (again with stating things that aren't true nor your experience...) but I also really don't comprehend why someone would post inaccurate factual/concrete information (like, an opinion is one thing or even "in my experience, I could only purchase at MK" but your information was wrong and posted with such certainty, lol!). So, yeah, like, I'm curious - why? Had you been told that (in which case it might be useful to state that) or had you just assumed it, or what?

ETA - maybe you think I'm miserable because I directly but - I think - not rudely asked you to be accountable for something you did. That doesn't make me miserable though I could see feeling discomfort in that experience. If being asked why you posted info that wasn't factual or accurate and countered people's direct experiences felt uncomfortable - maybe just think about that.

I've seen and heard from a dozen people who bought tickets at MK, but never heard about or read anything about people buying tickets at guest services. I'm not reading 155 pages of posts to fact check everything I type.

I've seen and heard from a dozen people who bought tickets at MK, but never heard about or read anything about people buying tickets at guest services. I'm not reading 155 pages of posts to fact check everything I type.
Literally two of the posts on the same page as your original comment directly referenced purchasing tickets not at Magic Kingdom. But okay, man.

Is it, like, a hard 7? Or will they push it a little to 6:45 or 6:50?
People have reported between 6:30-6:45p (given security, getting in, etc). I planned to try 6:30 but ended up late and it was after 7 (but was fairly crowded and entering took a little time)

i'm concerned about watching fw in mk on boo bash night with the extra crowding i would imagine from boo bashers entering and day ticket people still enjoying their time. is the advice just not to view the fw then if the crowd makes me uncomfortable?

Can anyone report how late they are still doing magic shots - specifically the book of spells by the pumpkins at the end of Main Street? Trying to figure out if we can get this one on our way out or should plan to grab it earlier in the night? This one can also be found by the parters statue too, correct? Thanks in advance - trying to finalize our plans for the night!!

i'm concerned about watching fw in mk on boo bash night with the extra crowding i would imagine from boo bashers entering and day ticket people still enjoying their time. is the advice just not to view the fw then if the crowd makes me uncomfortable?
I imagine it’s going to be chaos - I saw screen shots from last night where MDE was sending push notifications about 30 minutes prior to show time that Main Street viewing was full. We purchased a dessert party for our Boo Bash night for this very reason.

We were down in September to see HEA one last time, on a BB night, and it was the only time that weekend the crowds made me uncomfortable. Cast members were urging everyone to fill in all the available space and kept asking us to push together. I can only imagine it’s worse now.

I bought Boo Bash tickets at guest services in DS on 9/23 for the 9/24 Boo Bash.

I imagine it’s going to be chaos - I saw screen shots from last night where MDE was sending push notifications about 30 minutes prior to show time that Main Street viewing was full. We purchased a dessert party for our Boo Bash night for this very reason.

We were down in September to see HEA one last time, on a BB night, and it was the only time that weekend the crowds made me uncomfortable. Cast members were urging everyone to fill in all the available space and kept asking us to push together. I can only imagine it’s worse now.

I attended Boo Bash on 9/24 and hub area was PACKED for HEA. Day guests were all over park until around 10:30...lines for rides and drink/ice cream carts were long until then as well....I did see groups of CMs checking for wristbands between 8:45-9:15...

We also got dessert party tickets for our Boo Bash night - we wanted to get a good viewing spot without the mad crush.

For anyone going to a recent Boo Bash, how easy is it to arrive at 7pm and bypass the fireworks crowds? Do they have the bypass into Tomorrowland open for us to cut through?

My reason for asking is that my family does not feel safe being in the large show crowds and my young daughter hates firework shows anyways. They are fine being in ride lines, just don't want to be squished in a giant sea of people fighting for a spot. (But that's always been something we don't like...even pre-covid we are fireworks- avoiders.) We are going on our first night of our vacation so my fear is that my family will immediately freak out over the situation I have put them in if there isn't an easy way to bypass the large crowds, since I've sold them on afterhours being limited capacity once the real party starts. We'd happily go hang out in one of the other lands.

For anyone going to a recent Boo Bash, how easy is it to arrive at 7pm and bypass the fireworks crowds? Do they have the bypass into Tomorrowland open for us to cut through?

My reason for asking is that my family does not feel safe being in the large show crowds and my young daughter hates firework shows anyways. They are fine being in ride lines, just don't want to be squished in a giant sea of people fighting for a spot. (But that's always been something we don't like...even pre-covid we are fireworks- avoiders.) We are going on our first night of our vacation so my fear is that my family will immediately freak out over the situation I have put them in if there isn't an easy way to bypass the large crowds, since I've sold them on afterhours being limited capacity once the real party starts. We'd happily go hang out in one of the other lands.

So I arrived at Boo Bash around 8:00 on 9/24. The back short cut to Tomorrowland was open; however, it was jam packed on left side with people watching fireworks. There was a narrow opening to get through. Once you got through Tomorrow land into Fantasy land it wasn’t too bad. Frontier land was crowded all night probably due to the Calvacade starting from there. Also the Dapper Dans and Chip and Dale were up on top of the Country Bear bldg. the TOT stop in the Tiki Birds was never crowded the whole night and you could through as many times as you wanted. Candy is same selection at all treat stops.

So I arrived at Boo Bash around 8:00 on 9/24. The back short cut to Tomorrowland was open; however, it was jam packed on left side with people watching fireworks. There was a narrow opening to get through. Once you got through Tomorrow land into Fantasy land it wasn’t too bad. Frontier land was crowded all night probably due to the Calvacade starting from there. Also the Dapper Dans and Chip and Dale were up on top of the Country Bear bldg. the TOT stop in the Tiki Birds was never crowded the whole night and you could through as many times as you wanted. Candy is same selection at all treat stops.

Thanks for the rundown! At least I can let the fam know what to expect for the initial squeeze past the main street crowd. I think we'll head towards fantasyland to do rides first. Good to know about Tiki Bird stop, we will definitely do that!

What about planning to arrive between 830 and 9 while day guests are leaving and before the event officially starts? You’d miss riding from 7-9 but you’d also miss the crowds. Alternatively, do you have an AP or ticket for that day, other than AH? If so, you could enter around 6 and head to fantasyland to get behind the crowds?

What about planning to arrive between 830 and 9 while day guests are leaving and before the event officially starts? You’d miss riding from 7-9 but you’d also miss the crowds. Alternatively, do you have an AP or ticket for that day, other than AH? If so, you could enter around 6 and head to fantasyland to get behind the crowds?

Good questions. We have no ticket for that day. It's our arrival day and so we'll chill at the hotel until the party. This sounds silly, but the longer I wait for us to get to the park, the more chance I have of family members deciding it's too late to be out (and thus wasting the money I spent on their tickets) BUT if I can get them into the park, they will want to stay for the party.
Was just hoping there was an easy way to shuffle us around the firework's mass of humanity. Maybe it'll make the rest of the parks seem not crowded just by visual comparison!
(planning around people's expectations is so tricky!)

I have seen the videos of those crowds leaving and they look worse than having to cut through main street around 7pm.

Good questions. We have no ticket for that day. It's our arrival day and so we'll chill at the hotel until the party. This sounds silly, but the longer I wait for us to get to the park, the more chance I have of family members deciding it's too late to be out (and thus wasting the money I spent on their tickets) BUT if I can get them into the park, they will want to stay for the party.
Was just hoping there was an easy way to shuffle us around the firework's mass of humanity. Maybe it'll make the rest of the parks seem not crowded just by visual comparison!
(planning around people's expectations is so tricky!)

Using the short cut and just staying to the right side is do able and probably your best bet! There are CMs there who keep the a path open....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter