Official 2021 Disney Very Merriest After Hours Thread

What’s the best way to enter for the party at 7pm and find a spot to stand on main street for the enchantment fireworks? I’ve heard they force you down the bi pass way. Any help would be appreciated

Any help here would be appreciated

We arrived right before the early fireworks and while they started to direct us to the bypass, we told them we had a mobile order placed at Casey's (which we did) and they told us to cross the walkway (roped to cross the street) and then head down the sidewalk. Was no big deal.

Any help here would be appreciated

My experience when we entered right at 7, first group at one of the turnstiles. People began lining up a little after 6PM for the party. We got our wristbands and we were not bypassed we were able to walk down main street and secured a spot for the fireworks in a corralled section right next to Casey's corner. We could have probably made it a little closer to the castle but I didn't want to stress. Also made getting dinner from Casey's easier.

My experience when we entered right at 7, first group at one of the turnstiles. People began lining up a little after 6PM for the party. We got our wristbands and we were not bypassed we were able to walk down main street and secured a spot for the fireworks in a corralled section right next to Casey's corner. We could have probably made it a little closer to the castle but I didn't want to stress. Also made getting dinner from Casey's easier.
Thanks

Reading a lot about long lines to get into the party at 7:00 - If we are attending the party only, are we going to have enough time to get to a MK dinning reservation at 7:15 (if we are in line by 6;45 for the party)? I am wondering if I should try to modify the reservation by 15 minutes or so, but don't want to cut in to much of the party time. Thanks for any help.

Reading a lot about long lines to get into the party at 7:00 - If we are attending the party only, are we going to have enough time to get to a MK dinning reservation at 7:15 (if we are in line by 6;45 for the party)? I am wondering if I should try to modify the reservation by 15 minutes or so, but don't want to cut in to much of the party time. Thanks for any help.

I suggest getting in line for MK at 6pm and you'll make your reservation just fine.

I would get there before 6:45. We arrived around 6:20 - 6:25 and got in line. There was maybe 20 people ahead of us in our line. It didn't take long until we couldn't really even see where the lines ended. I was very glad we arrived when we did. They started letting us in at 6:55 and we were standing in front of the Plaza by 7:05 (by way of the bypass) for our 7:20 reservation. A lot depends on where you're heading though. Main Street and the hub were an absolute zoo, so if your ADR requires you to navigate through there, obviously that would take longer than what we experienced.

We are planning an afternoon at Disney springs before going to the party. Where do you suggest parking? I'm leaning towards parking at MK early afternoon and then taking a bus or other transportation to and from Disney springs. Any advice?

ITS PACKED omg also there needed to get a fire truck and ambulance on Main Street so it was incredible packed out

ITS PACKED omg also there needed to get a fire truck and ambulance on Main Street so it was incredible packed out

Fire at the Castle.. reports saying at Cinderella’s Royal Table. Lots of video online of guests being evacuated from the restaurant and a large area around the castle, smoke is visible on the left side when looking up Main St. .
After hours event guests are being held outside the main gate.

It was a good party last night. I wanted to share my experience. This thread was very helpful in planning my night. There was so much entertainment, plus rides, that I didn't do everything I wanted to see and ride. There were a few special moments.

Two of the rewarding things about this party were that guests were nicer than typical MK crowds. People were in a friendly party mood and I didn't see any fights, bickering, line cutting, or shrieking kids all night. The character entertainers were excellent. I saw the Pooh characters and they put on a great show, as did the princesses. Disney continues to hire and train excellent actors.

I had a 6:40 reservation at GF Cafe. Thanks to outstanding service I was done with dinner and inside the ticket gate by 7:30. It was a madhouse at the entrance but really not a very long wait. I had no idea there was an emergency in the MK. By 7:34 I had my bracelet. Disney's app was still showing many long lines so I did Monster Laugh Floor (which I had never seen), and when it was over I walked onto the Winnie the Pooh and the Little Mermaid rides. By then it was 8:30, so I'd only accomplished 3 rides in an hour. I did stop and watch some fireworks along the way.

Next I rode Haunted Mansion and Pirates as a walk-on. Stopped at Pecos Bill's for a cookie and hot chocolate. No line, super-friendly service. Generally all night, I found short or zero lines for snacks and drinks. I moved over to Big Thunder and it was again a walk-on. I was at the back of the train which is a wild ride, and scarier after dark. I did see some fireworks while I was on Big Thunder.

I went across to Splash and rode with no line. Then I went to Crystal Palace and watched the entertaining Pooh and Tigger, followed by Eeyore and Piglet. These characters put on a nice extemporaneous show and posed for photos. I wish Disney was doing more of these shows with more characters.

From there to Buzz--again no line, then watched the dance party with Stitch and drank a big coffee. Back to Fantasyland and Peter Pan with no line. It was nearly midnight when I went to Seven Dwarves Mine Train. There was a short line, maybe 10 minutes. I was in the second seat, and a very brave woman was in front of me with her arms up the entire ride. I hung on for dear life. It was my second time riding it, and I didn't get motion sick, so I'll try it again one day.

Time to get the Jingle Cruise. This was disappointing. The line was about 25 minutes (Disney said 50) and it just wasn't very entertaining. I should have skipped it. I went back to Fantasyland to meet princesses. They were great, they helped me record a video Christmas greeting for a friend. With time running out, I rode the People Mover as it turned 1am, and it was time to go. Boat back to Grand Floridian, then drove home to my resort. I was back by 2am and very tired. I walked about 8.5 miles.

What I missed: both parades, the stage show, and some fireworks. I also wanted to meet Santa and Mickey but didn't have time.

Summary: guests well-behaved, cast members top-notch, more than enough entertainment. Non-existent lines for most rides. I think it was worth the money.

Pretty worried about the Tuesday 12/21 party being a rain-out.... 😨
Please remind me what the rain-out entails...no parades, no stage shows, right? No fireworks or abbreviated fireworks? How early do they "call" the parades? I went once for a Halloween party and they didn't "call" the parade until after the start time. The streets were wet but it was not actively raining. We have Tuesday night party tickets.

I think if you donate another $250 to Disney's greed, they can magically make the rain go around MK.

If it's a steady rain all night, then there will be no stage show, no fireworks, no photo ops, no "snoap", and no parade. Most characters will still be out to take pictures with as most of them are either indoors or under protection from the rain. All the rides should be open as long as there's no thunder & lightning. If there is, then there's only indoor attractions like Buzz, Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, etc.
If it's an off again /on again rain, they'll try to do as much as they can, but it's all going to depend on timing and luck. It may come down to a last minute decision. This can either mean that you're waiting for nothing, or you'll enjoy a lot less people with better viewing spots.

Does anyone know if any tickets have been available day-of from cancellations and such? Not holding out hope but would like to go 12/19. I read somewhere to try Disney Springs on the day of but can’t find that thread now.

I’m going tomorrow to the party and have my tickets linked to my Disney app account. Can I just use my phone to get in, similar to entering the park during normal hours?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter