Official 2021 Disney Very Merriest After Hours Thread

Family decision is a no for this event. I was hoping for a dessert party this year but I am losing hope for that to be offered. We could afford to pay for our group of 7, but no one felt it was worth the price even with reduced attendance. Now to just readjust park days for MK to hopefully avoid the party crowd incoming.

Family decision is a no for this event. I was hoping for a dessert party this year but I am losing hope for that to be offered. We could afford to pay for our group of 7, but no one felt it was worth the price even with reduced attendance. Now to just readjust park days for MK to hopefully avoid the party crowd incoming.
I'm still holding out hope for the return of dessert parties too! 🤞🤞

Got everything set up with my TA so she can buy my ticket on Tuesday. I’m having surgery tomorrow and just didn’t wanna risk being too out of it.

My TA is going to call for our tickets as well. I hope your surgery goes well!

I've never been to a party or after hours event. Can you buy photo mass for this or is it included? We are just planning to do the event, no other park days, so I wasn't sure how that worked

I just messaged with WDW customer support and was told that to buy DVC discounted tickets for Merriest party on Nov 12th I'd need to call the DVC MS # Tues morning - and they open at 9am.

I feel like others have been told they can either do it online or call - I wish Disney would state on their website how we can buy tickets tomorrow..

I just messaged with WDW customer support and was told that to buy DVC discounted tickets for Merriest party on Nov 12th I'd need to call the DVC MS # Tues morning - and they open at 9am.

I feel like others have been told they can either do it online or call - I wish Disney would state on their website how we can buy tickets tomorrow..

View attachment 597559

and of course not liking that answer I did a "chat" with WDW CS through the app...and was told I would have to call 407-939-7947 and that they could take my DVC/AP discount over the phone...

WHY can't Disney just come up with ONE answer???

and of course not liking that answer I did a "chat" with WDW CS through the app...and was told I would have to call 407-939-7947 and that they could take my DVC/AP discount over the phone...

WHY can't Disney just come up with ONE answer???

So crazy! I’ve also seen two times for the phone number above , 6 AM and 7 AM. Does anyone know? 😬

argh...and I just messaged with DVC MS and they have "no information" since it's not a DVC event - so she couldnt tell me if I could buy tickets on line or on the phone...

which is a direct contradiction to what the Disney person said when I messaged them - that I would need to go through DVC to purchase the tickets....

so still no new/clearer answers!

:headache:

I've never been to a party or after hours event. Can you buy photo mass for this or is it included? We are just planning to do the event, no other park days, so I wasn't sure how that worked

You will love the after hours events. I've done the Christmas party a few times (which can be pretty crowded, but still shorter waits for rides than a normal day), but my favorite events are the after hours events. Such better crowds and I eat my weight in free ice cream sandwiches lol. Pretty much walk on the rides.

Last edited:
Is this the full list for the season, or is there a possibility of them adding more?
We’re coming in on the 23rd and I’m sad that I might not be able to catch an MK after hours party in the week we’ll be there.
Do they do anything special on Christmas Day?

That is the full list. They won't add more.

Couple of Questions... typically Disney will carry the parade etc into Christmas week for free which is why there isn't a party after like in this case the 21st... will that still be happening?

Is 249 a ticket worth it if you cannot stay the whole time? I am thinking no. I am really sad that I cannot take my daughter to the party because we cannot hang until 1am (and actually later) because we won't until back until 2 or 3am... that would throw us off way too much.

I am really hoping some of these AH things like the parade will be done Christmas week during actual daylight hours. It makes me wonder what Disney was thinking, children would obviously enjoy this too but unless we keep them up to all hours of the morning they cannot... I personally cannot do that to my daughter, so instead she misses out.

I have been to these after hours events and there are plenty of children at all hours. For me as an adult I love these later events (mainly for less crowds).

Didn't they add more for the Boo Bash after they saw the demand?
I wouldn't necessarily rule it out, but I wouldn't count on it, either.
They added Sundays for Boo Bash; however, Sundays are already included in the dates for this event. And this one spans over a much shorter period of time.

I was prepared to pay $189, but our night is $209+tax. I'm honestly thinking about canceling the entire trip. I don't see how I can "spend less time in line" AND enjoy entertainment. To me, you get one or the other. Seems we'll be waiting an hour or more to see the parade (based on past MVMCP experience) and we'll set aside time to wait for Minnie's fireworks. By my count, we're down to about an hour (+ or -) for rides with "less time in line". Perhaps they should permit entrance at 1 pm for the prices they are asking.

WIth COVID raging in Florida, we're also hesitant to purchase nonrefundable tickets until Florida gets some control over the spread. Perhaps we'll cancel our DVC reservation and bank our points for next year and properly budget for this extravagant expense.

I have no doubt we'll enjoy it, but I wasn't prepared for this price point.

I completely agree. It is really one or the other - rides with no waits OR entertainment. The price for four hours is steep.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter