• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2021 Disney Very Merriest After Hours Thread

I'll be solo too. I think I'll be able to do much more than when I'm not.

For the halloween parties, we'd always go 2x, splitting the entertainment between the 2 to ensure we saw/did everything. Not sure what to do yet for this holiday party. righ tnow only planning on going once because I want to go to the Processional at epcot one night.
So what do people think about this.
This is my solo trip. My plane lands 11am the day I do the Christmas after hours. My plan was to go to DS and then to the party with the 7pm entry.

I then have a day at Epcot and a day at AK.
I’m worried I’m going to wish I had more time at MK. My priorities for the party would be the parade and fireworks. As well as seeing the 50th fireworks before the party.

I am going to have money set aside for a park hopper in case I decide to go there on my Epcot or HS day.

i just wonder how much rrides. I can get do during the party while still catching the entertainment.
I'll be solo too. I think I'll be able to do much more than when I'm not.

For the halloween parties, we'd always go 2x, splitting the entertainment between the 2 to ensure we saw/did everything. Not sure what to do yet for this holiday party. righ tnow only planning on going once because I want to go to the Processional at epcot one night.

BTW my waiting room started at 7 minutes - used link posted by merry_nbright Special events page

I used the link above because I had no luck going through the menus myself. I even logged out and back in and went thru the menus on the WDW website (on laptop) but still had no luck. So I tried the link again and it went straight to queue. The original wait time said 31 minutes, but that quickly changed to 6 minutes, so it did not take as long as it said. I got tickets for Dec 7.
If having problems, log out of MDE and sign back in, then try the link above. I don't know if that will work for others, but it worked for me. (Just an FYI - I also did this on my phone and had no luck in the Disney app but was able to get in a waiting room on the WDW website using the browser on my phone.)
Good luck everyone and thanks again for the help!!!
(Edited to change link info)

Chrome worked for me, but I had to get out, dump my Chrome history, sign back in MDE and then go to Tickets, then Special Events, It went pretty quickly after that.

Until I did that it, kept giving me the page that said they were not available yet.

Finally got it! Took forever. My phone froze when it finally was redirecting me to book. When my computer finally got there, it had logged me out so it took a few tries to log back in but luckily I didn’t have to re-enter the waiting room. Got 2 tix for Nov 30th. I think the key is patience because it kept freezing and glitching but I finally got it

Thank you all so much this morning for tips on getting in the queue. We got our tickets (showing up in MDE already) for Nov 9. We weren’t planning on going, but realized it may be our last chance (Pop is 89 and has had some health scares the past couple of years). Thanks again. Good luck to all still trying.

I just got our tickets!!

But I did have something weird happen. I put our 3 tickets in my cart and when it got to the checkout page, the total cost was over $7,000 :crazy2: . Somehow the system had also added in the cash price for our resort stay. We're staying at Copper Creek using DVC points, but it had added in around $6600 for that stay! I was able to delete it from the cart, but then I was freaking out thinking - did I just cancel our DVC reservation???

Thankfully, I just checked and it's still there and all is good. So strange though!

Good luck everyone! Hope you all get your tickets.

Thank you all so much this morning for tips on getting in the queue. We got our tickets (showing up in MDE already) for Nov 9. We weren’t planning on going, but realized it may be our last chance (Pop is 89 and has had some health scares the past couple of years). Thanks again. Good luck to all still trying.
Where in MDE do you see them? I got my email confirmation but not seeing them on MDE, might not be looking in the right place.

Also, for anyone going directly to WDW website, you need to go to Parks and Tickets, then choose Special Events Tickets, and you will land on the page with Very Merriest After Hours. That is the link provided by merry_nbright above. (The page also shows Boo Bash, which is listed first.) I originally went to Things to Do, Events and Tours, but that did not work.

Thanks for the help! My problem was I was going to other areas of the website where it showed the event but said unavailable. Once I did it the way you guys mentioned I got in and only had a
7 minute wait and was able to get our tickets for 11/19.

I got mine! :woohoo:After signing in and sitting in the waiting room for about 10 minutes it brought me right into Special Tickets so I would say this went swimmingly. Very happy I didn't have to spend all morning on here. Thank you Disney for getting it together! The only thing I was hoping for was Friday night 12/10 and they only had Thursday 12/9 available so I went for Sunday 12/12. I would have loved Thursday but we're arriving that afternoon so no way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter