Official 2021 Disney Very Merriest After Hours Thread

Need help with deciding on a date if anybody is willing to give their opinion. My sister and I are doing a trip to Universal Nov. 13th to 17th for a girls weekend. We want to come over to Disney just for one night to do this party. We could do Sunday the 14th of November or Tuesday the 16th.

The Sunday party is earlier in our trip so we'll be a bit more rested and if it is really bad weather we would still have another night to potentially attend if they close and let us switch our ticket. It is $20 more but that is not a deal breaker.

The Tuesday party is the last night of the trip and we have to pack up in the morning and then have a long day as we want to hit the parks at Uni one more day before our late evening flight so that is going to hurt walking through MCO at 8 pm lol. But I'm wondering if Tuesday could potentially be less crowded than the Sunday or if there will be no difference.........?

Anyone have an opinion? What would you do?

Need help with deciding on a date if anybody is willing to give their opinion. My sister and I are doing a trip to Universal Nov. 13th to 17th for a girls weekend. We want to come over to Disney just for one night to do this party. We could do Sunday the 14th of November or Tuesday the 16th.

The Sunday party is earlier in our trip so we'll be a bit more rested and if it is really bad weather we would still have another night to potentially attend if they close and let us switch our ticket. It is $20 more but that is not a deal breaker.

The Tuesday party is the last night of the trip and we have to pack up in the morning and then have a long day as we want to hit the parks at Uni one more day before our late evening flight so that is going to hurt walking through MCO at 8 pm lol. But I'm wondering if Tuesday could potentially be less crowded than the Sunday or if there will be no difference.........?

I’d do Sunday night for the reasons you stated, plus I don’t know how many parents are keeping their kids out til 1am before Monday morning??

Normally I'd say do Tuesday cause midweek is usually the better bet but since Tuesday is your last night I'd take the Sunday option.

I logged in at 6:50 (thinking they went on sale at 7) and was able to get our 7 tickets for our first choice night right away. I was thinking I'd be on the waiting page for awhile, happy I didn't know they went up at midnight and didn't have to stay up!

Got mine at 7:00am Very easy except for swallowing the price, lol! I'm going with my son (a former CP) on the last day! I'm very excited to do the party so close to Christmas especially since it rained at my first one in 2019!

Ended up changing my date from Dec 14th to the 10th because it worked better for our plans. Had a little sticker shock when I realize the 10th would cost our party 60 extra dollars (didn't even think about the extra Friday costs). Oh well, we are booked. Hoping for good weather since our last (and only other) Christmas party was stormed out!

Doesn't seem to be the same buzz about this event as Boo Bash. We bought Boo Bash tickets and sadly had to cancel due to Covid and international travel from Canada not prudent. We rebooked for December, hoping for better covid numbers in the USA, but can't seem to justify the higher price for these tickets. We will wait and see. I suspect there will be day of tickets available if we change our minds.

It is interesting, I assumed these tickets would sell fast like Boo Bash. Hoping just circumstantial and not increased capacity. On a positive note… we are going in early Nov when prices aren’t as crazy, and I’m relieved to not have to worry about Lightening Lane for rides at MK.

It is interesting, I assumed these tickets would sell fast like Boo Bash. Hoping just circumstantial and not increased capacity. On a positive note… we are going in early Nov when prices aren’t as crazy, and I’m relieved to not have to worry about Lightening Lane for rides at MK.
The price tag is a lot higher than Boo Bash (especially if you’re purchasing for a group). I’m sure that probably has a lot more to do with how fast they’ll sell and not because of capacity changes.

Wow, I was going to book but DAMN $223 a person with tax for the entire month of December, and even higher towards the end? That's insane. Over $1000 for a family of 4, for like 5 hours? Geez.

Wouldn't be surprised if these don't even sell out till the week of that particular date. Not even really any hype for it due to all the negative Disney stuff going on park wise ( lighting pass, etc )

Not to mention the not so great reviews of BOO BASH, its not surprising why these wouldn't sell out quick.

Would I like to go? Sure, and I would have if they were around $160ish. But raising prices to this level really irritates me and just cost them getting anything from me. ( I have not paid attention to prices for this if previously released so that is why I am surprised by this )

Last edited:
Got ours! I agree with everyone else, way to expensive! It better be good at this price. I think they could of lowered the price a bit🙄.
It’s just 2 of us. If we were a family of 4 or more I would say no way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter