Official 2021 Disney Very Merriest After Hours Thread

Anyone else finding flight costs out of this world? I just looked into my needed december flights and prices are TWICE normal. The cost of me going down solo is the same as usually costs for DH and me! That really ate into my budget.

Actually Southwest has had good flight costs but the crappiest TIMES ever. They're running a $49 sale right now (which I never get because I have to connect everytime) but so many have 7+ hours to Orlando. Yuck!

If you fly southwest, their prices change on an hourly basis. I had to check at least two or three times a day to finally get a good deal. Our airport is a southwest hub though so we can usually find good deals. We're going early November and this is the cheapest airfare we've had in about four years.

Thank you for the encouragement to keep checking SW. When I got home from work today I checked again. The nonstop flight home on sunday was gone, but nonstop going down was a normal rate. And saturday had a good schedule nonstop going home. I was able to change my hotel reservation to check out saturday and book the flights.

DIS people are the best pixiedust::tink:

Thank you for the encouragement to keep checking SW. When I got home from work today I checked again. The nonstop flight home on sunday was gone, but nonstop going down was a normal rate. And saturday had a good schedule nonstop going home. I was able to change my hotel reservation to check out saturday and book the flights.

DIS people are the best pixiedust::tink:
I'm so glad!! Have an amazing trip :-)

Anyone else finding flight costs out of this world? I just looked into my needed december flights and prices are TWICE normal. The cost of me going down solo is the same as usually costs for DH and me! That really ate into my budget.
Hmmmmm?? I was expecting flights to start to go up... but my flight on United actually went down! I re-booked, saved $100 on a solo flight .... and will save the credit from my first booking for another trip.

So when my TA bought my ticket she was able to give me all the confirmation info and I was able to link the ticket in MDE..

just checked my mail and also got a ticket in the mail. The ticket is just loaded onto a regular looking Disney ticket that still says fastpass plus on it…. (I mean c’mon..)
Do I need this? I’ll obviously keep it on me… just seemed kinda weird. I don’t even have a physical ticket for my regular tickets.

So when my TA bought my ticket she was able to give me all the confirmation info and I was able to link the ticket in MDE..

just checked my mail and also got a ticket in the mail. The ticket is just loaded onto a regular looking Disney ticket that still says fastpass plus on it…. (I mean c’mon..)
Do I need this? I’ll obviously keep it on me… just seemed kinda weird. I don’t even have a physical ticket for my regular tickets.
If it's in MDE, then you can use your magic band. We have done that for holiday parties and after hours events before.

My tickets have been linked in MDE, but they are not listed as a "plan" for the day I purchased. How can I see where they are linked?

@Disney1fan2002

You will find them under Tickets & Passes on the MDE app.

If you wish it to appear under plans for a given day, you can create a manual Note entry using a PC under My Plans, Add More Plans, Notes, and create your entry tagging friends/family list members so it will show for them as well.

We have a tentative trip booked for Nov 11-16, and seeing the first park hours starting to post. Am I seeing correctly, that typical MK closing times seem to be loading at 9pm, but pulled back a full hour to 8pm on these first After Hours nights? In other words, unlike Boo Bash, they are offsetting park close and After Hours start by a full hour instead of 30 min?

If so, this is slowly turning my interest to buy an AH ticket instead of the standard MK park ticket for Nov 12. Seem like I could now get 6 hours in the park (7-1am), with 5 of them restricting day guests from getting into ride lines. Coupling with the G+ I probably would have paid for during the day to maximize rides, the value proposition is at least a smidge better. Certainly not great, but better. I get that the extra 8-8:30 "AH-only" time in practice doesn't get realized if watching Enchantment, but seems like it nonetheless will flowdown somewhat to a better 8:30-9:00 segment with the day guests long out of the queues.

I suppose there's always the threat of them "extending" hours by 30 min to get back to the Boo Bash approach, but sure seems like they are trying to do something deliberate here. Wonder if it's trying to consciously improve the value of the AH ticket for sales purposes, or actively working to reduce the overcrowded overlap window by telling day guests their day is done after Enchantment.

Are we supposed to be getting actual hard tickets for this? I ordered when they became available and haven’t gotten anything in the mail

Are we supposed to be getting actual hard tickets for this? I ordered when they became available and haven’t gotten anything in the mail
Disney’s web site is tricky here. It defaults to e-mail tickets. You have to click something like “more options” to be able to select mailed tickets. Did you click that?

Disney’s web site is tricky here. It defaults to e-mail tickets. You have to click something like “more options” to be able to select mailed tickets. Did you click that?
Oh no. Probably not. It was like 6 am and I hadn’t had coffee. Heck, I ordered them for the wrong dang day and had to call and get it changed 😂 so I doubt I noticed that. I do see them in mde

Oh no. Probably not. It was like 6 am and I hadn’t had coffee. Heck, I ordered them for the wrong dang day and had to call and get it changed 😂 so I doubt I noticed that. I do see them in mde
I didn’t click it either for Boo Bash but they were in mde. No issues getting in with our magic bands.

I hope someone can help. We are so frustrated. My airline cancelled our flight, so we have to shift travel dates, including the Christmas party. Tried to phone Disney, and have been on hold for 3.5hrs. At the same time, I tried using chat on the app.

Got through on the app, only to be told they can't do it, and to call Disney. I explained that I was already on hold. He requested a callback for us on another phone line. We immediately got a callback, but that cast member said he didn't have access to the system to change our party dates. What?? He said to try changing tickets online. I checked, and don't see any way to shift dates online. Meanwhile, we are still on hold from the original call, going on 4hrs now.

Has anyone been successful changing dates? We've now been on hold for almost the same length of the party itself. 😴

I hope someone can help. We are so frustrated. My airline cancelled our flight, so we have to shift travel dates, including the Christmas party. Tried to phone Disney, and have been on hold for 3.5hrs. At the same time, I tried using chat on the app.

Got through on the app, only to be told they can't do it, and to call Disney. I explained that I was already on hold. He requested a callback for us on another phone line. We immediately got a callback, but that cast member said he didn't have access to the system to change our party dates. What?? He said to try changing tickets online. I checked, and don't see any way to shift dates online. Meanwhile, we are still on hold from the original call, going on 4hrs now.

Has anyone been successful changing dates? We've now been on hold for almost the same length of the party itself. 😴
Yes I just took a Boo Bash ticket and got it changed to a Merriest Christmas after hours. I had to pay the difference since the Christmas after hours are more.
I tried to change it online too, but there is not an option.
The only thing you can do is wait on hold to get a CM🙄🙄. I think I waited about an hour. As long as it’s not sold out on the date you want they can do it.
If a CM tells you no you can’t, call back and try for another CM. They have a few that do not know everything.

Reactions: CJK
We have a tentative trip booked for Nov 11-16, and seeing the first park hours starting to post. Am I seeing correctly, that typical MK closing times seem to be loading at 9pm, but pulled back a full hour to 8pm on these first After Hours nights? In other words, unlike Boo Bash, they are offsetting park close and After Hours start by a full hour instead of 30 min?

If so, this is slowly turning my interest to buy an AH ticket instead of the standard MK park ticket for Nov 12. Seem like I could now get 6 hours in the park (7-1am), with 5 of them restricting day guests from getting into ride lines. Coupling with the G+ I probably would have paid for during the day to maximize rides, the value proposition is at least a smidge better. Certainly not great, but better. I get that the extra 8-8:30 "AH-only" time in practice doesn't get realized if watching Enchantment, but seems like it nonetheless will flowdown somewhat to a better 8:30-9:00 segment with the day guests long out of the queues.

I suppose there's always the threat of them "extending" hours by 30 min to get back to the Boo Bash approach, but sure seems like they are trying to do something deliberate here. Wonder if it's trying to consciously improve the value of the AH ticket for sales purposes, or actively working to reduce the overcrowded overlap window by telling day guests their day is done after Enchantment.

I hope they keep the 8pm closing. Now remember though fireworks are scheduled at 8pm so it will still be a mingle for a bit. I have seen one of the biggest complaints from boo bash is how busy that 7-9 time is so this would make since to me for them to change.

as someone who is hoping to “double dip” and see enchanted with my party ticket this gives a bit of pause because it’s just less time to grab a snack and get situations for the show.. but since I’ll be solo it shouldn’t be too hard!

Just a quick update on our saga. After 5.5hrs, we were able to change the date of our party. Our situation was apparently complicated with an AP discount, and switching to a party at a cheaper price. One very kind CM really went to bat for us, and successfully changed our tickets for us. But, she wasn't able to adjust pricing, so we are just out the money. What a frustrating day. We were on the phone for much longer than the duration of the party itself, and, we overpaid for a cheaper party. ☹️

ETA: With the significance of today in history, I feel guilty complaining about our first world problem. Trying to put it all in perspective.

Last edited:
We got our tickets for November 18th yesterday, but the CM I talked to said early entry at 7 pm was not happening. She did say that things could change because they are changing every day! Was she mistaken?? I hope so 🤞

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter