Official 2021 Disney Very Merriest After Hours Thread

They need that time to clear the day guests out of the park. They’ll be checking everyone trying to get in lines to make sure that they’re party guests, and turning day guests away from lines after 8
Thank you. So would you expect rides that are going to be open for the AP would be open from 8-9 for AP guests?

Also, if they need this hour to clear people out, is there a reason they don't always do it that way? I see other days where the park closes at 9.

Thank you. So would you expect rides that are going to be open for the AP would be open from 8-9 for AP guests?

Also, if they need this hour to clear people out, is there a reason they don't always do it that way? I see other days where the park closes at 9.
From what I can tell, the park closes at 9 on non-party days. And yes, the rides will be open for party guests, but the waits may be a bit longer 8-9 because of remaining day guests who jumped in line right before park closing.

From what I can tell, the park closes at 9 on non-party days. And yes, the rides will be open for party guests, but the waits may be a bit longer 8-9 because of remaining day guests who jumped in line right before park closing.
Great information, thank you!

Not sure if it is like this every day of the Christmas after hours event, but I see a day with MK closing at 8 and then the event going 9 pm-1 am. Any thoughts on this? Is this just to get non-event guests out of the park sooner?

Not sure if it is like this every day of the Christmas after hours event, but I see a day with MK closing at 8 and then the event going 9 pm-1 am. Any thoughts on this? Is this just to get non-event guests out of the park sooner?
That’s my assumption. People would probably get really mad at Disney if there were still day guests clogging the lines during the actual party hours

Is all of December sold out?

When I try and book during our visit from December 1-8 it only shows me dates available in November.

Help!!

I'm an annual pass holder with a park reservation for AK. I also have a ticket for the After Hours party at MK later that night. I assume I can go to AK from 8am to about 12 noon, go back to hotel and rest up. Then park hop to MK at around 5pm to get a jump on the few rides that will not be operating during after hours (and to beat the 7pm crowd waiting to get in). Is that doable and if so, do I have to clear out of park and re-enter or can I just stay in park and show proof that I have party tickets? I assume they give you a wrist band to identify party guests. This is our first party and we're excited.
Thanks

You are correct.
You can get into MK after 2:00.
You will be able to get a wristband around 3:00 /4:00. CM will be around the park , so easy to get one
They will NOT clear park . At some point you will need to flash your wristband to CM to show you can be in park /ride.

I just bought tickets for the party, will it be added to my Disney plans automatically? Does it need to be in there, or will the bar scan code be enough? TIA

At what point do these Christmas parties usually start selling out dates based on past years?

The closest precedent would probably be the MK After Hours events, which didn’t sell out very often despite being priced almost 50% lower than the current VMAH. There is a chart in this thread that shows no MK After Hours events sold out in late 2019-early 2020.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...m-faq-discussion-thread.3713652/post-59898144
I was expecting higher demand for the Christmas AH, with there being no other Christmas Party offered. It may be that those steep prices are really keeping people away.

With no resort discounts, except for AP’s, one could only imagine how many guests have plans or will plan?? I know I bought my December vacation back in June, and looking at prices now, it was cheaper for me to keep what I have instead of using my AP at the resort I have chosen.

It is interesting no dates are sold out.
Will the price keep people away?
Will dates sell out as it gets closer and Disney does more holiday marketing?
Will they sell a lot of tickets day of? That's happening with boo bash right now... people in vacation in vacation mode might be more willing to spend that much in the moment...

We are just a month away from the first holiday party!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter