Official 2021 Disney Very Merriest After Hours Thread

Did anyone who went notice if they have stations to give out wristbands if you are already in the park that day? Also, what kind of merchandise?

Did anyone who went notice if they have stations to give out wristbands if you are already in the park that day? Also, what kind of merchandise?
They do have stations to give out the wristbands- we went to the one in Tomorrowland, on your left once you cross the bridge coming from the hub. I didn’t see any event specific merchandise, unless I missed it. All the holiday items were also available during the day.
We thought the party was amazing! The stage show, fireworks, and parade were fantastic 😃

Anyone there last night notice if both gardens are open for fireworks viewing? Or any tips on a good spot? I only do garden dessert parties, usually, so I am newbie having to find my own spot. 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Anyone there last night notice if both gardens are open for fireworks viewing? Or any tips on a good spot? I only do garden dessert parties, usually, so I am newbie having to find my own spot. 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️
The garden in front of Casey’s was open. We got to that area about 10 minutes before fireworks and there was plenty of space. We stood right in front of that area at the railing and it was a beautiful view with no one right in front of us.

The garden in front of Casey’s was open. We got to that area about 10 minutes before fireworks and there was plenty of space. We stood right in front of that area at the railing and it was a beautiful view with no one right in front of us.
AWESOME! Thank you!

From the streams, it didn't look like there was packed crow for the Christmas fireworks show, no need to get there super early.

The parade looked amazing, definitely have to see that live.

And agreed with the poster who mentioned it looked like crowds of people left after the Christmas fireworks show. Seems like 12-1 is a great time to nail down some rides!

We leave tomorrow for our week long Uni trip and now that I have heard and seen some of the clips I am dying to go... Sunday's event is still available but the price still just seems so ridic.... I guess it wouldn't hurt to pack the xmas ears I got myself thinking we would def go....

I am really excited now! Thanks for the review! We loved it in 2016 and we only stayed in the Tomorrowland area because we thought that was the only place where things were happening. We know better now. Thanks. Hopefully we will see Mickey Mouse. We never seen him at a Disney park yet.

We leave tomorrow for our week long Uni trip and now that I have heard and seen some of the clips I am dying to go... Sunday's event is still available but the price still just seems so ridic.... I guess it wouldn't hurt to pack the xmas ears I got myself thinking we would def go....
I'll be there for Sunday's party! After watching some youtube videos this morning of last night's party, I'm even more excited! I can't wait to see the parade especially. It is a lot of money, but I know it will be worth it. You should go!

My apologies if this has already been answered. Are DVC members able to get into the park earlier? In years past, the entry time was 4pm and DVC members were able to enter the park at 2pm with an event ticket. I see that the entry time is 7pm this year. Are DVC members able to enter the park at 5pm? Any benefit to being DVC this year for this event? Thanks!

Can you get your wristbands before you enter the park?

And how late do the stores stay open? I know the event runs through 1am, but are the stores open on the way out on Main Street?

For those that attended. If someone chose to leave around 11pm, would you still have felt it was worth it? My husband is NOT an night owl, lol. He loved the AK AH we did 2 years ago and because it was so empty, we were able to do the rides we wanted by about 10:30pm. Obviously this is an apples/oranges situation and maybe if we're able to continue riding various rides, he could be convinced to keep going. But if the short lines were not really present until 11pm or so, I'm wondering about the value (at these prices).

Should add that we'd be going on 12/4. Trying to decide if we do this event or we just buy a 1 day park hopper for that day (our arrival) and try to stack LLs for MK in the late afternoon/evening. I believe a park hopper would be about $180 less for the 2 of us.

For those that attended. If someone chose to leave around 11pm, would you still have felt it was worth it? My husband is NOT an night owl, lol. He loved the AK AH we did 2 years ago and because it was so empty, we were able to do the rides we wanted by about 10:30pm. Obviously this is an apples/oranges situation and maybe if we're able to continue riding various rides, he could be convinced to keep going. But if the short lines were not really present until 11pm or so, I'm wondering about the value (at these prices).

Should add that we'd be going on 12/4. Trying to decide if we do this event or we just buy a 1 day park hopper for that day (our arrival) and try to stack LLs for MK in the late afternoon/evening. I believe a park hopper would be about $180 less for the 2 of us.
I can only speak for Boo Bash, but we got there at like 9:05 and left at 11:30 having gotten 3 calvacades, some food stops and a few rides in

I'll be there for Sunday's party! After watching some youtube videos this morning of last night's party, I'm even more excited! I can't wait to see the parade especially. It is a lot of money, but I know it will be worth it. You should go!
I told the DH if tickets are still available on Sat am then it is a sign to go. We were just in Disney for my bday in Oct and made the mistake of going into MK on a sunday during a boo bash (5 to like 830) and it was a mob scene. If we did go Sunday plan is get in, totally avoid main street from 7 to 11 (rides and snacks) then do main street for xmas fireworks and stage show head to train for some of second parade then leave before end and rush of people since we will need to Uber back to Uni resort.

I told the DH if tickets are still available on Sat am then it is a sign to go. We were just in Disney for my bday in Oct and made the mistake of going into MK on a sunday during a boo bash (5 to like 830) and it was a mob scene.

This helps answer my question about the value of the AH vs a Park Hopper (with a stack of LLs). If the pre-AH hours are a mad house, then that's definitely a vote to scrap the "hop to MK" idea. Our trip is just 2 days so every hour is important, lol.

Maybe I just hope our room is ready early and DH can get a BIG nap in before setting out! :)

Value is always an individual choice. I will say that my party bought Xmas After Hours tickets for arrival day instead of getting a regular park hopper ticket (similar price point). They planned to enter the park at 7pm, but got a bit delayed and didn't enter until 7:40. They watched Enchantment and ate at Friar's Nook until the party started at 9. They watched the stage show, the first parade at 9:45, and the Christmas fireworks at 11:15. They reported all entertainment as AWESOME. They ate free popcorn during the parade and took advantage of the drinks, mickey bars and hot cocoa throughout the night. My daughter reported all 3 Mountains wait times being at 10 min almost the entire duration of the party. They rode quite a few rides. My daughter said she'd have stayed to watch the 2nd parade at 12:45 because it was that good, but the rest of her group were tired. They left about a half hour after the Christmas fireworks, which were shown at 11:15. They felt they'd had a good value.

I am going to try to voice wreck a quick review before we’re on our way to Universal this morning.

Bottom line, it was better than I thought it would be! Family thrilled, totally worth every penny for us. Attendees were hubby and myself- our two boys 23 and 27.

hit the parking lot about 630, monorail about 650, through the gates at seven. Yes it was mobbed, but moves so fast. I was impressed. We hit the liberty Square stockades where I took a picture at 7:12. Quick note, there were no trams from the parking lot before or after the event.

we avoided the 8 PM fireworks, and did a bunch of rides. Thunder Mountain, Pirates, caught a little bit of the backside of the fireworks, haunted house. We walked up to Pinocchio‘s right at 9 PM when there was a long line for snacks. Again went so fast got a hot chocolate, water and snickerdoodle cookie which was awesome.

Headed for seven dwarfs mine. My son put the timer on his phone. Wait was posted at 25 minutes. We forgot about the timer until we had walked out of the attraction, at which time it read 19 minutes. That was for the line, getting on the ride, exiting the ride out of the queue.

Got popcorn and bottled soft drinks, and Mickey bars right outside of Winnie the Pooh. Rode Winnie the Pooh. Then peter pan. That was our longest wait, posted 25 minutes probably took 20. Did 7 Dwarfs again. Walked over to space Mountain, rode it twice as a walk on. Standing in tomorrow land, we noticed it was 1105 and thought should we even try for the fireworks? Walked over that bridge, got an incredible viewing space. Just walked up a bit toward the Castle. It was crowded but not shoulder to shoulder, absolutely the best view I’ve ever gotten, and loved it! It was the 11:15 show.

I can never convince my family to do the headache which is fireworks viewing in front of the castle. This was so great! A huge thumbs up from all three of my big guys!

So by now it’s like 11:20, And we head over and do thunder mountain railroad twice, splash Mountain, then hoped we might get seven dwarfs mine in one more time. We got it in two more times for a total of four times with virtually no wait right before the park closed.

It was a late night, but totally worth it. The only thing I missed was doing any kind of shopping. We were just so excited to go from ride to ride.
I am a wimp in the heat, so for me it couldn’t have been better. Didn’t have to mess with any genie plus, lightning lane, crowds for rides, or the heat. Oh and love popcorn 🍿 I was in heaven!

Fireworks started at 11:15. We sat in front of the Plaza Restaurant at one of the front tables to avoid the umbrella blocking the fireworks vie. They keep the walkway in between this area and the garden viewing empty - was perfect place to sit at a table and watch.

This helps answer my question about the value of the AH vs a Park Hopper (with a stack of LLs). If the pre-AH hours are a mad house, then that's definitely a vote to scrap the "hop to MK" idea. Our trip is just 2 days so every hour is important, lol.

Maybe I just hope our room is ready early and DH can get a BIG nap in before setting out! :)
I only paid for the hopper because we were only doing 2 park days and I didn't want to do a full Epcot day I wanted to split it, and MK tends to be our 3rd park choice but for my bday and 50th I wanted to see the park, but I should have known better than doing so on an AH night. We could have hopped over around 4 but had to get into trader sams (DH only request entire weekend) We were able to snag's Oga's so the hopper ended up being worth the money IMO. My other concern with going Sun is the temps are now showing 48 and that is going to be ROUGH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter