Official 2021 Disney Very Merriest After Hours Thread

How early do you have to stake out a spot to get a front row spot for the parade? I’d like to watch it on Main Street but if I don’t have to stake out a spot for lengthy time in frontier land or some place else, I’d be okay sitting somewhere else. I just want DD to have good view of parade and not sure she will make it to second parade.
We always watch in Frontierland, near Pecos Bill’s. Usually isn’t as crowded as Main Street.

There was a Toy Story float (saw it on a streaming channel) But I saw Woody and Forkie. I assume Buzz was on the opposite side of the same float (he would be facing the candy shop side of the street, which is the side to your right as you're walking towards the castle).

thanks! DD loves buzz so we will hopefully sit on the side Buzz is on so she can see him

Fireworks started at 11:15. We sat in front of the Plaza Restaurant at one of the front tables to avoid the umbrella blocking the fireworks vie. They keep the walkway in between this area and the garden viewing empty - was perfect place to sit at a table and watch.

Do you need to set up to watch or can you just walk there at 11:10 to get a spot in the hub

Does anyone know if they were selling tickets for today at the parks eventhough they were sold out online?

For those that attended. If someone chose to leave around 11pm, would you still have felt it was worth it? My husband is NOT an night owl, lol. He loved the AK AH we did 2 years ago and because it was so empty, we were able to do the rides we wanted by about 10:30pm. Obviously this is an apples/oranges situation and maybe if we're able to continue riding various rides, he could be convinced to keep going. But if the short lines were not really present until 11pm or so, I'm wondering about the value (at these prices).

Should add that we'd be going on 12/4. Trying to decide if we do this event or we just buy a 1 day park hopper for that day (our arrival) and try to stack LLs for MK in the late afternoon/evening. I believe a park hopper would be about $180 less for the 2 of us.

is your main goal rides? If that’s the case then perhaps. We went last night (had a blast!) and are going back again tonight. Personally I felt the entertainment that happened after 11 like the fireworks and parade were really what made the event special and worth it. Just my two cents :)

Had a great time last night! So much fun and absolutely loved the parade, sassy Clarabelle in the stage show and fireworks. Rode some rides and ate some yummy treats. Going back for round 2 tonight. Was a total fan girl meeting Paging Mr. Morrow and saying hi to Molly. Saw PC Dev as well. So much fun!!
I will note that while he had a good time, my DH says for the price there should be more something. Food, entertainment, whatever. And he’s not wrong imo. It’s a pricey few hours

Do you need to set up to watch or can you just walk there at 11:10 to get a spot in the hub
We got to the area about 15-20 mins before the fireworks were going to start and it was pretty empty. My 80 year old father was with me and I wanted a chair for him!

But even 5 mins before the show there was open space on Main Street and towards the hub - so arriving early and “staking out a spot” is not necessary.

For those that attended. If someone chose to leave around 11pm, would you still have felt it was worth it? My husband is NOT an night owl, lol. He loved the AK AH we did 2 years ago and because it was so empty, we were able to do the rides we wanted by about 10:30pm. Obviously this is an apples/oranges situation and maybe if we're able to continue riding various rides, he could be convinced to keep going. But if the short lines were not really present until 11pm or so, I'm wondering about the value (at these prices).

Should add that we'd be going on 12/4. Trying to decide if we do this event or we just buy a 1 day park hopper for that day (our arrival) and try to stack LLs for MK in the late afternoon/evening. I believe a park hopper would be about $180 less for the 2 of us.
personally, i wouldn’t feel it was worth it. but our focus was on the christmas activities and entertainment, not rides. we only did 5 rides and all but jungle cruise were walk ons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter