Official 2022 HHN 31 - Horror is Universal

Hi. Does anyone know if the premier pass HHN free ticket dates are ever offered in October or only September? I searched last year's thread but couldn't find it.

We are staying at Disney and will be getting the mears coach over to universal, so an early start and will be staying for HHN....so a long day and evening. Any tips on where we can rest up for couple of hours late afternoon? If not maybe we should have a nice meal at city walk?

Hi. Does anyone know if the premier pass HHN free ticket dates are ever offered in October or only September? I searched last year's thread but couldn't find it.

I pulled the dates from last year using the Wayback machine and it did have some October nights.

Halloween Horror Nights 2021 Benefits

Passholders get these special perks:

• One free select event night admission. Choose from one of the following dates: Sept. 9, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23, 29, 30; Oct. 6, 13, 20, 26, 27

We are staying at Disney and will be getting the mears coach over to universal, so an early start and will be staying for HHN....so a long day and evening. Any tips on where we can rest up for couple of hours late afternoon? If not maybe we should have a nice meal at city walk?
Maybe explore a hotel if you're going to be in the Universal area anyway. Cabana Bay is my favorite but there's not a ton of food options. Hard Rock is a fairly close walk to UO.

Otherwise you could look into Stay-And-Scream (some people like to hit Finnegans or the Simpsons area dining/drinks for stay and scream) or chill out somewhere in City Walk as you said.

Maybe explore a hotel if you're going to be in the Universal area anyway. Cabana Bay is my favorite but there's not a ton of food options. Hard Rock is a fairly close walk to UO.

Otherwise you could look into Stay-And-Scream (some people like to hit Finnegans or the Simpsons area dining/drinks for stay and scream) or chill out somewhere in City Walk as you said.
Thanks, we have day ticket too..is that what stay and scream is?

Stay and screen is a ticket that covers your day park admission and also includes the hhn ticket

We used to refer this ticket as an add on

So do the park during the day and be allowed to stay in the park to await hhn opening

Park closes at 5:00 on hhn events.
Those that are inside the park at 5:00 and have a hhn ticket, are allowed to wait inside the park for when the houses are opened
Select areas will be announced where you are allowed to wait for the hour inside the park.
(It is a good hour wait for starting the hhn event)

I have seen the wait line outside the park begin even before 5:00 …

Those with hhn tickets wait it out inside the park for house openings.
You get a head start on the event if you stayed in the park…

Thanks, we have day ticket too..is that what stay and scream is?

Yeah so pretty much what macraven said above, if you have daytime admission (or an AP) and you're inside the park before closing they will have a couple areas you can scan your HHN ticket and wait for HHN to begin. Typically some houses and rides open before the official event open time and you can do those before the crowds roll in.

They also have had special tickets in the past for around $30-35 that would let you into UO around 3pm for the same purpose without needing daytime admission.

FYI/buyer beware that doing full park days then HHN is more than just “X” amount of hours; I’ve done a Disney day from rope drop 7am to 2 am (back when they actually had EMH). HHN alone can take me down for the count. It may seem like from maps that houses are “close” but they don’t show the amount of walking back to tents, then through the line, then through the house and then BACK to front of next house (where you rinse and repeat). Easily add miles to your day-and at end of a park day may mean you might not enjoy HHN as much.
And that walk out to catch a ride at end of night, through city walk…well did it one year and stayed onsite ever since (and at resort that has the boat ride back lol)

HHN is so fun I want to make sure you get all the logistics upfront!
Tips to help-shows with easy rides toward end of day-but try to get your shows in then so you are off your feet (horror make up, Bourne). Then schedule dinner inside the park (finnegans or lombards) where again are sitting down. Head out to the corral and hopefully get to a couple houses before crowd gets in (feet saver not having to wait inline).

Hope you have a good time!

We have a public rip tour September 10 at 630. What time do we check in at the lounge?

Not sure as have not done a public tour in a few years
But when I did, I would get an email days in advance to let me know when my check in time would be
Since you have a 6:30 tour, I assume you can meet up t at 6:00
But check with tours in case their set up has changed
They staggered the start times for public tours so a group is assigned in advance, when you check in and meet up with your group
You will have will have enough time to snack, get drinks, etc before your guide explains your evening schedule

You can contact hhn tours and know in advance the meet up time for your hhn tour group if you do not receive the basic email of facts and time schedule

It’s probably too early now to get the info on the public tours but no issue to contact them to ask

Public tours usually have staggered times to start
Contact them to get full info if you needed more detail info

It will be a very fun night for you !

FYI/buyer beware that doing full park days then HHN is more than just “X” amount of hours; I’ve done a Disney day from rope drop 7am to 2 am (back when they actually had EMH). HHN alone can take me down for the count. It may seem like from maps that houses are “close” but they don’t show the amount of walking back to tents, then through the line, then through the house and then BACK to front of next house (where you rinse and repeat). Easily add miles to your day-and at end of a park day may mean you might not enjoy HHN as much.
And that walk out to catch a ride at end of night, through city walk…well did it one year and stayed onsite ever since (and at resort that has the boat ride back lol)

YES! I put on more than 29,000 steps last year the day I did the six-house Behind the Screams tour and then a full night of HHN. It’s so, so much walking!

HHN is so fun I want to make sure you get all the logistics upfront!
Tips to help-shows with easy rides toward end of day-but try to get your shows in then so you are off your feet (horror make up, Bourne). Then schedule dinner inside the park (finnegans or lombards) where again are sitting down. Head out to the corral and hopefully get to a couple houses before crowd gets in (feet saver not having to wait inline).

Hope you have a good time!
Thanks for the tips all! So looking forward to it! we've done a few HHN in the past but not for a long time. Could get the 9am mears out from Disney so not too early, have a late lunch over in 3 broo m sticks then do all the sit down shows.

go back to post #338 here
If not maybe we should have a nice meal at city walk?
a great idea. Be aware you are in for a very long day, hope for no rain.

If you do have stay & scream line up early at whatever pen, then hope to grab one of the few comfy spots in some shade to sit and rest.

Food options:

in the one area, finnegans is sit down, very popular & crowded. They stop taking res very early afternoon.

Option for somebody in your party to hold down the turf in a holding area while another goes to grab food from booth or CS food.
HHN alone can take me down for the count. It may seem like from maps that houses are “close” but they don’t show the amount of walking back to tents, then through the line, then through the house and then BACK to front of next house (where you rinse and repeat). Easily add miles to your day-and at end of a park day may mean you might not enjoy HHN as much.
So true & I know you are in tip top shape! For the rest of us Lol, it can be a real slog. checked my Fitbit last year after just lazing poolside all day, then hitting parks around 3 pm & into a pen. No EP or tour that night, was pushing 7 miles. Slightly less than most disney days for us that range 8 - 12 (if we really push the death march).

This may have been asked in an earlier post, but if you purchase a single night ticket to HHN, are you allowed to redeem the cost of that purchase to a multi-night ticket assuming they are released? Thanks!

This may have been asked in an earlier post, but if you purchase a single night ticket to HHN, are you allowed to redeem the cost of that purchase to a multi-night ticket assuming they are released? Thanks!
I upgraded once from single night…a good decade ago.

suggest calling U & asking if it’s a concern. if you hear the answer you want, take names;), then come back & report on your success.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter