• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2022 HHN 31 - Horror is Universal

IMO…it would be a perfect day for HHN to announce something…anything.

Sea world threw down the gauntlet on twitter :rotfl:
The social media teams are fantastic-like when Wendy roasts people.

Meanwhile-on another site said no announcement until 17th.
Just waiting and waiting and waiting for ticket info...as SW runs a special on their Howl o Scream tickets...

as SW runs a special on their Howl o Scream tickets...
$66 for two any night probably great deal for those planing on weekend visit

for those doing the daytime behind the scenes tours, Monsters Cafe is now permanently closed. replacement TBD. Wonder where they will recommend the all day tour dine now?

I'm sad they closed the cafe before our October visit. Loved the theming in there. Didn't really eat there though lol. Hopefully they will recreate it with better food in the new epic park.

FYI/buyer beware that doing full park days then HHN is more than just “X” amount of hours; I’ve done a Disney day from rope drop 7am to 2 am (back when they actually had EMH). HHN alone can take me down for the count. It may seem like from maps that houses are “close” but they don’t show the amount of walking back to tents, then through the line, then through the house and then BACK to front of next house (where you rinse and repeat). Easily add miles to your day-and at end of a park day may mean you might not enjoy HHN as much.
And that walk out to catch a ride at end of night, through city walk…well did it one year and stayed onsite ever since (and at resort that has the boat ride back lol)

Great advice. Woe to those that commando the parks during the day and then attend HHN on the same day. It is a lot of walking to reach the haunted houses on the back lots.

I have seen what appeared to be very fit Folks sitting on the docks waiting for the water taxis to the Resorts crying the blues after a night of HHN.

Save your legs the day you attend HHN for the walking in the evening. Then go get the crap scared out of you. You need your muscle strength to jump....LOL

Since you have a 6:30 tour, I assume you can meet up t at 6:00
But check with tours in case their set up has changed
They staggered the start times for public tours so a group is assigned in advance, when you check in and meet up with your group
You will have will have enough time to snack, get drinks, etc before your guide explains your evening schedule

Your right on the time Mac. Last year Public RIP Tour was check in half hour before scheduled Tour start time.

There is food and beverage to enjoy before the tour starts.

Great advice. Woe to those that commando the parks during the day and then attend HHN on the same day. It is a lot of walking to reach the haunted houses on the back lots.

I have seen what appeared to be very fit Folks sitting on the docks waiting for the water taxis to the Resorts crying the blues after a night of HHN.

Save your legs the day you attend HHN for the walking in the evening. Then go get the crap scared out of you. You need your muscle strength to jump....LOL

Your right on the time Mac. Last year Public RIP Tour was check in half hour before scheduled Tour start time.

There is food and beverage to enjoy before the tour starts.
That was me sitting on the dock with my 13 y/o son waiting for the water taxi to bring my tired butt back to Royal Pacific. Mind you, this was halfway through my training for a marathon and my feet were dead tired (pun slightly intended) by midnight. We spent the day at the parks, but we did go back to the hotel midday to take naps in preparation for HHN. Even with the rest, my feet were HURTING by the end of the evening.

This is definitely me. When I went for the first (and only - curse you Covid! 😡) time in 2017, me and my partner went on the third day of our trip. I thought, great- we've only been in Florida for 3 days it'll be a breeze as we've not done a lot of walking...yet. We even got cocky and went to IoA around 12pm to "pass time" 🙄 before the event begun. WRONGO! I made it to whatever house was near Woody Woodpecker and literally cried outside the toilets that my feet were killing me for a side 10 minutes. In all fairness, I think jetlag had finally kicked in but it was only the second house we were about to go in 😅 I troopered on though and did all houses but was so tired and run down so never ever will I do any sort of park or shopping before HHN - just relaxing only. I'm so ready for this year! 🙌

it was more painful to buy than I had thought it would be. Rip wasn’t all that much more.
Yep, it’s going to be a very big bite for many people.

will likely cause many locals/those who do multiple nights during longer stays to pick & choose a bit more judiciously.

I expect the tours & tix etc to increase every year, just as other tix media does. at first glance tho, the EPs seem to have taken a big bounce.

popcorn:: Perhaps they are challenging the market this way to see the demand/how many bite before settling upon whatever price point for multi-night tix?

The prices
View attachment 669737
Can’t wait to see where multi-night tix will fall.:rolleyes1
yikes!!
those are crazy! I don't think we'll opt for express this year, if we go. We'll be there week of Columbus day ....busy, and pricy. Will likely shift our plans back to the Sunday night, our APs should still be active, and can at least do Stay and scream, if that's happening. Thanks for posting. Will help us plan a little better, although way too early for us to make definite plans.....

Last edited:
yikes!!
those are crazy! I don't think we'll opt for express this year, if we go. We'll be there week of Columbus day ....busy, and pricy. Will likely shift our plans back to the Sunday night, our APs should still be active, and can at least do Stay and scream, if that's happening. Thanks for posting. Will help us plan a little better, although way too early for us to make definite plans.....
At the risk of being the bearer of bad tidings…

we quit doing the week prior into Columbus Day weekend there years ago as it was just too crowded for comfort…even Wednesday & Thursday.

oddly, did find the last full weekend of HHN last year was doable:confused3without EP.

it seemed less crowded than last year’s trip during the last week of september into October (Pre Columbus Day weekend)

stay & scream will be a very big help for you, especially in the tent house area! Along with strategic planning as to the popular houses, should do fine if you stay the full night!

yikes!!
I wouldn't wait too long making decisions. Last year 2021 all ticket sales were released on 6/17/21 and on 6/24/21 exactly ONE week later, prices for Express Passes increased. And they didn't stop there.

I agree with the sentiments here, this is a hard hit! UO just made an easy decision for us, we'll be passing this year on buying Express Passes. We have a Private RIP Tour on Oct 30th and we'll be putting that to better use.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

First time going to HHN..so excited! Going on Sat Sept 17th. In your opinion can you get everything done with just the express pass? or is the RIP tour better and worth the cost? Thanks!.....Update...Nevermind..just saw the prices for Express...what's another 200? LOL...going with the tour.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter