Official 2022 HHN 31 - Horror is Universal

I did call the dining res #. The rep had no information on the offerings other than what we are able to see on the website as to menu items.

did put me on hold for a bit to inquire with supervisor.

was told that all they know 100% is that it will be a buffet.

They assume it may feature the day offerings, including pizza, pasta, meatball sandwiches, soup & salad & one soft drink of choice.

Offered that more information ‘should’ be available as the date approaches, to check back.

Did caution there would be no refunds if the fare wasn’t acceptable.

Guess I’ll put it on back burner For now.

Hmmm. Doesn`t sound so good.

my husband and I are passholders, can I buy my daughter and her bf their tickets? They're going on a different night than we are.

Never heard of the weekend. Went to YouTube and had a look. Has some good music.

In the little short video from Universal The Weekend House looks like a Scary Plastic Surgery gone wrong kind of house. There was a Scare Zone about that in 2019 called Vanity Ball.

Looking forward to seeing this house and others.

I thought about Scareactor dining experience. Louie’s has good pizza, but would be disappointed if the event was over crowded, food subpar and Scareactor interaction was poor. So many variables for sure hanging out there. Will sit on the fence on that one for awhile.

I did buy my ROF ticket with Express. Was the best option for my time there.

Not sure if I was reading it wrong, but there does not appear to be multi-night Passes in between ROF and Ultimate Fear that includes all Fridays and Saturdays during the event.

36E6AA03-8C4C-473B-992D-B8047552B63F.gif

my husband and I are passholders, can I buy my daughter and her bf their tickets? They're going on a different night than we are.
I'm not sure about universal, but I had that question myself, as a family member is a Sea World passholder, but I'm not and we couldn't synch up our days. When I checked with SW (and WDW as well), both parks required passholders to physically accompany any guests who were using discounted tickets. (Same went for military tic discounts.) Otherwise I guess a PH could game the system and buy tics for a ton of people at discounted prices. Maybe UO is different?

It's almost the most wonderful time of the year!

Well looks like it's time to mosey on over to join this thread.

Anyone hear any rumors about an AP discount for any of the frequent fears?

As locals, we had the Ultimate Frequent Fear pass last year. We wanted to join a friend who was coming on a Saturday so that seemed like the best choice. We actually did only end up going one Saturday out of the 9 times we did go, so pretty sure we're safe downgrading to the Frequent Fear Plus this year.

Still deciding if we should do any behind the screams.

For those of you judging the event by IPs and you've never been...don't do that. Usually the originals are what hook me the most. Sometimes I really enjoy the IP houses even if it's an IP I don't really care for. Give it a chance before judging.

Part of the fun for the event for us it that we always have a watch list of all the IPs for the houses. Sometimes it lets us re-watch stuff we haven't seen in a while and other times we get to watch new things.

On the homework watch list this year:

1. Music videos for the Weeknd
2. Original Halloween
3. Universal Monsters original The Mummy
4. Universal Monsters original Dracula
5. Universal Monsters original The Wolf Man
6. Freaky
7. Black Phone

I really hope the rumored Wicked Growth sequel house is a reality. I am fairly obsessed with Lil Boo.

1658957623994.png

I've been on the site/ap all day since I just logged in and realized the rush of fear went on sale. Any idea why its so bad? I've tried from different browsers/computers/phones!!!!

Our original plan was to eat "dinner" at CityWalk about 3:30 and use a Stay & Scream entry (around 4:50) to beat the lines getting into HHN. This would have cost us like $75. We are now switching to the Dining Experience for a total of around $120 at 5:30 in hopes to basically use this as dinner / Stay & Scream. The website says a ticket for HHN is needed... so I guess they will let people with reservations in earlier (with a ticket, but not Stay & Scream). They only offer 5pm-6pm for reservations. Fingers crossed now for some decent food, and a few "fun" surprises.

Maybe UO is different?
Don’t think so. In the past AP holders were also limited as to how many discounted tix they could purchase for others
Anyone hear any rumors about an AP discount for any of the frequent fears?
Nope TBH hard for me to get worked up over a $5 discount on an event ticket
(I’m talking to you WDW too lol)
Any idea why its so bad? I've tried from different browsers/computers/phones!!!!
Had no issue at all yesterday am on iPad.

Clearing your browser history usually works when a particular site is hinkey

so I guess they will let people with reservations in earlier (with a ticket, but not Stay & Scream). They only offer 5pm-6pm for reservations. Fingers crossed now for some decent food, and a few "fun" surprises.
If me, I’d call & specifically ask if you will be permitted to enter early without a day tix or stay & scream

Then come back and share😉what they tell you. Good luck

Original IP houses were the best ones last year. The big disappointment for lack of IP is that they typically have cool unique merch for Horror Nights around the IP if you care about that.

Thank you everyone for the advice about express. I’m going to book frequent fear and possibly 1 night express.

Can I ask what is the best way to select for delivery of your tickets? Print at home or will call? We will be staying at Hard Rock I assume we could collect tickets there rather than the parks?

Thank you everyone for the advice about express. I’m going to book frequent fear and possibly 1 night express.

Can I ask what is the best way to select for delivery of your tickets? Print at home or will call? We will be staying at Hard Rock I assume we could collect tickets there rather than the parks?
Will call. (at least for your express pass). They will be getting constantly scanned throughout the night, (they scan the express pass before every ride) and i saw people who printed ones out of paper have trouble due the barcode fading due to constant folding and being put away. You want the thicker ticket paper they put on the will call ones, especially if it rains.

On my lanyard i had one side with the express, and the other side for the annual pass for the food discounts.

On that note, when do we normally find out the food offerings unique to the event? I thought they were spoiled by this point last year?

Going during my daughter’s freshman year of college fall break in October- 2 nights with express pass and behind the screams tour on the day in between. We wanted to do just a day at islands of adventure on the Sunday before leaving Sunday night. Our seasonal passes expire in September and after doing the math and knowing we won’t make it back again before they expire next year I decided to just buy stay and scream for the two days before we do horror nights. I was surprised they are not date specific. I had assumed they were. I just ended up putting 4 of them in my cart and assigning us each to two of them. I hope I didn’t mess that up but there was no place that said they were dated. I also purchased one park one day tickets so we can do IOA on our last day and express passes for that day since there are no top tier hotels available for our stay and even for 1 night it would have cost more than just staying at SF where we are booked and paying for day express passes. We are going to be so tired lol

The hotels have a desk to print your tickets for you during business hours, or a self serve kiosk after hours. Just don’t be a dummy like me and try to print previous years tickets that are still on account :sad2:. Once I scanned the correct bar code like magic the ticket printed lol

Will call. (at least for your express pass). They will be getting constantly scanned throughout the night, (they scan the express pass before every ride) and i saw people who printed ones out of paper have trouble due the barcode fading due to constant folding and being put away. You want the thicker ticket paper they put on the will call ones, especially if it rains.

On my lanyard i had one side with the express, and the other side for the annual pass for the food discounts.

On that note, when do we normally find out the food offerings unique to the event? I thought they were spoiled by this point last year?

I did the Express pass mobile ticket and was concerned after reading your message. Thankfully, both of the HHN Express passes are in the wallet of my Universal app.

Wait. I'm probably confusing myself but is parking only included with the highest tier frequent fear, or do you get it with Frequent Fear Plus?

You can if you want to. You have to have a HHN ticket for the night in addition to your RIP Tour ticket. So if you want to hang out in the park and do some other things until your tour starts you can.

My niece and I spent some time in Diagon Alley then went over to Cafe La Bama about a half hour before our tour time. When we checked in the tour guides were by the door. Our tour guide gave us our tour lanyard and we went in and enjoyed some food and beverage (which is included is included in your RIP Tour). There is a additional cost if you want alcoholic beverages.

We were in a Public RIP Tour. Private Rip Tours usually meet up at guest services first, but that should be made clear to you before hand.
Do you still use the VIP entrance to get in the park, or use the main gate?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter