Official 2022 HHN 31 - Horror is Universal

On a more positive note watching one of the bloggers and they showed what seemed to be a bar area in the San Francisco docs by that scare zone that was themed to that zone. Also near Cafe La Bamba they showed what seemed to be a Day of the Dead themed bar - I am hoping tequila bar. Any rumors on these?
I saw this too and did wonder which houses they could possibly relate to. As you've said, one look to be day of the dead but the other had ruins all around it.
The day of the dead one made me think if the rumoured "fiesta de chupacabras" house is revealed, it could be for this one.
The ruins one made me think of rumoured "spirit of the coven" house. It kind of also looks like viking ruins so wondering if the dead man's wharf could link it with it if so.

I'm getting really excited now, can't wait for everything to officially come out and the event to begin 🎃

Last edited:
I don't recall that happening.

I do recall the other multi night tickets pausing sales when a weekend was sold out - am I recalling that correctly - does anyone else recall that?

Something else I have heard recently is that they are having a very though time getting SAs - tougher than usual - thoughts?

I've not seen any discussion on the curfew in place on weekends for citywalk - under 18s must have a parent or gradian or be staying at a universal hotel. The local news has been discussing it and asking will it apply to HHN - personally I doubt that - I cant see them sacrificing all those ticket sales - and they allow people seeing a movie to stay - so all you need is a movie ticket to stay in citywalk.

On a more positive note watching one of the bloggers and they showed what seemed to be a bar area in the San Francisco docs by that scare zone that was themed to that zone. Also near Cafe La Bamba they showed what seemed to be a Day of the Dead themed bar - I am hoping tequila bar. Any rumors on these?
Yes, last year there was a pause in the multi night ticket sales because of a sold out night or two early in September last year. That’s why I bought ROF as soon as it came out.

We are based in Scotland so we are holding off on buying rush of fear tickets as we want to get them through floridatix (where we get all our tickets usually) but they still only have the one day tickets. Debating how long to hold off as we go to Orlando in like 3 weeks!

So I don't really follow many of the other sites as I just don't have the time.

Was watching Rix Flix last night and he mentioned a rumor that the budgets had been cut for scare zones - seems odd to me since the event has gotten so popular.

What have folks heard - I guess its possible they cut the budget to cover higher costs for SAs I guess
Yeah not sure he is really "in the know" as other sites think scare zones will be ramped up this year
This is also running rampant on spec threads-really hoping there are some "hang out" themed bar areas -possibly with roving scare actors??

I've not seen any discussion on the curfew in place on weekends for citywalk - under 18s must have a parent or gradian or be staying at a universal hotel. The local news has been discussing it and asking will it apply to HHN - personally I doubt that - I cant see them sacrificing all those ticket sales - and they allow people seeing a movie to stay - so all you need is a movie ticket to stay in citywalk.

I don’t think we’re going to see a lot of issues with the rule. It only applies to City Walk itself, not the parks. If teens have a ticket to HHN, they are probably going to be at HHN before 9, so no worries with them getting into City Walk. When they are done with HHN, they just proceed to the exit rather than hanging out in City Walk.

My personal take on it is that this rule just gives security permission to boot groups of teens who are hanging around and look like they might cause trouble. Security isn’t going to bother with two or three teens minding their own business walking through City Walk.

We are based in Scotland so we are holding off on buying rush of fear tickets as we want to get them through floridatix (where we get all our tickets usually) but they still only have the one day tickets. Debating how long to hold off as we go to Orlando in like 3 weeks!
We are Scotland as well. I read on another forum that UK ticket sellers are not getting access to sell the multi night tickets this year. A few people had emailed the companies and they’d confirmed this was the case. I bought my frequent fear direct from Universal.

Coming in here later to say the rumored prison house should be Hellgate from a couple of years ago with looking like Eddie being inside it. It was what replaced Evil Dead Rises, the new movie that was pushed back a year so they had to make an original on the fly. The full line up should be coming this coming week with a good possibility for Tuesday. It is only 19 days left until TM preview so things are in motion

I don’t think we’re going to see a lot of issues with the rule. It only applies to City Walk itself, not the parks. If teens have a ticket to HHN, they are probably going to be at HHN before 9, so no worries with them getting into City Walk. When they are done with HHN, they just proceed to the exit rather than hanging out in City Walk.

My personal take on it is that this rule just gives security permission to boot groups of teens who are hanging around and look like they might cause trouble. Security isn’t going to bother with two or three teens minding their own business walking through City Walk.
Agreed - but it would sure be nice if they made HHN 18+ unless accompanied by an adult - I cant see them doing it though

As for the second point - will be interesting to see how they enforce it or if security is willing too - seems quite risky if not done correctly

We are Scotland as well. I read on another forum that UK ticket sellers are not getting access to sell the multi night tickets this year. A few people had emailed the companies and they’d confirmed this was the case. I bought my frequent fear direct from Universal.
Ah good to know! I had messaged Floridatix and they were just like watch this space so guessing they've all been arguing behind the scenes. I'm just going to buy it through universal then. I just want to be able to tick it off the purchasing list. Last thing to get! Time is flying by. Thank you 😊

The local news has been discussing it and asking will it apply to HHN - personally I doubt that - I cant see them sacrificing all those ticket sales - and they allow people seeing a movie to stay - so all you need is a movie ticket to stay in citywalk.
based upon the many sold out dates in mid to end of September I’m seeing at the onsite hotels, going with ticket sales have been brisk and the parks are going to be very busy this haunt season.

after the publicity over the parking garage ruckus, with obvious younger teens involved; they likely want to put a show of force (enforcement) forward to both deter future shenanigans and assure their older guests that the outer areas of the park are safely patrolled

in the park during the event, you can’t sneeze wrong :thumbsup2 Lots of non uniformed security
Do the tickets ever sell out if you buy closer to your dates? We want to go Sept. 22nd.
Not sure we can make accurate predictions this year as still in rebound travel mode. weekends (including Friday nights) always seems much busier
Yeah not sure he is really "in the know" as other sites think scare zones will be ramped up this year
agree, not my cuppa, although he does appear to have his fanbase of sorts that swear by him.

Did see this on twitter. was surprised to see the pumpkins that seemed so at home in Central Park, morph over to the ‘main’ scare zone. Curious as to what they are going for here
11CCF54A-D99B-496E-8B44-C667CA22E38F.jpeg
When they are done with HHN, they just proceed to the exit rather than hanging out in City Walk.
anything to de-clog catwalk after & in the waning hours of the evening would be very welcome IMO
Agreed - but it would sure be nice if they made HHN 18+ unless accompanied by an adult - I cant see them doing it though
That would cause such a gridlock at the gates checking IDs.

had thought if they would designate an all ages night once a week (perhaps on weekday), it would be more easily monitored.
As for the second point - will be interesting to see how they enforce it or if security is willing too - seems quite risky if not done correctly
They have to be very careful to not appear to profile any specific demographic. The optics could go south on them, very quickly.

I went ahead and ordered my RoF passes to avoid possible pauses in sales or price increases. I ordered through a third party so I must redeem a voucher at a ticket booth. I'm thinking the CW ticket booth by Red Oven Pizza will be less busy than the one at US. Any thoughts on that?

Did see this on twitter. was surprised to see the pumpkins that seemed so at home in Central Park, morph over to the ‘main’ scare zone. Curious as to what they are going for here
All Hail the Pumpkin Lord?! Maybe there’ll be stiltwalker pumpkin lord?? Now we just need a Lil Boo popcorn bucket (suggested on different board) and I’ll officially declare bankruptcy after HHN merchandise spending spree :rotfl2:

Me and my husband are thinking about try HHN on 9/25 a Sunday but we have never been to universal. We are simply going to enjoy the halloween festivities. I know lines are usually long but we really don't want to buy Express passes. We want to go but not that bad lol so its just something to do on our getaway weekend. How realistic is it without the EP?

Me and my husband are thinking about try HHN on 9/25 a Sunday but we have never been to universal. We are simply going to enjoy the halloween festivities. I know lines are usually long but we really don't want to buy Express passes. We want to go but not that bad lol so its just something to do on our getaway weekend. How realistic is it without the EP?
I’d recommend the “scream early” add on to get you in park before event starts. You can easily knock out a couple of the more popular houses, then head to very back of park to houses that have low waits. When lines start building take the time to enjoy the shows, treats/food, scare zones and just generally soak it all in. After 10ish lines will start dying down so you can redo your favorites/hit the rest of the houses.

TL: DR- easily doable with a loose plan on what you want to do, go early&stay late. And have a fun! This is easily the thing I look forward to all year!

based upon the many sold out dates in mid to end of September I’m seeing at the onsite hotels, going with ticket sales have been brisk and the parks are going to be very busy this haunt season.

after the publicity over the parking garage ruckus, with obvious younger teens involved; they likely want to put a show of force (enforcement) forward to both deter future shenanigans and assure their older guests that the outer areas of the park are safely patrolled

in the park during the event, you can’t sneeze wrong :thumbsup2 Lots of non uniformed security

Not sure we can make accurate predictions this year as still in rebound travel mode. weekends (including Friday nights) always seems much busier

agree, not my cuppa, although he does appear to have his fanbase of sorts that swear by him.

View attachment 693101

anything to de-clog catwalk after & in the waning hours of the evening would be very welcome IMO

That would cause such a gridlock at the gates checking IDs.

had thought if they would designate an all ages night once a week (perhaps on weekday), it would be more easily monitored.

They have to be very careful to not appear to profile any specific demographic. The optics could go south on them, very quickly.
IMO, you can never have enough pumpkins!

Hey, reading through thread, looking at our Oct trip, and considering a Frequent Fear pass instead of just getting our 1 night, Oct 9, pass. If we do just get the regular , 1 night pass for Oct 9, can we still upgrade if we've entered HHN for that night? upgrade before we leave the park that same night? or does it have to be upgraded before we use the night/enter the park on Oct 9?
Also, and I reading this right, that if we did a daytime/unmasking tour, we dont' need park admission? Our APs expire Oct 10, and likely not renewing, but considering an unmasking tour later in the week.
Thanks in advance

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter