• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased tickets on 5/18 , below is what I saw:
Delivery after Jun 1, 2022 (shipped via the U.S. Postal Service)​

For years Disney has mailed out standard tickets, plastic & the same size as a gift card. Images will vary but I have several with Epcot, AK etc. Nothing super special or Halloweenish. Cute memento for a scrapbook.
The MNSSHP ones Shades of Green are mailing out have the 50th images on them (different characters in gold - think the same as their statues in the parks?)

They look like the regular tickets, but they are pretty! I'm guessing Disney is sending out the same ones?

We are going that exact same week! I had originally planned on 9/2 - so we could sleep in on a non park day (9/3), but then I realized that it was a holiday weekend and I instead bought tickets on 8/30. I have no real idea if 9/2 will be more crowded - I just did not want to take a chance. Also, if it gets rained out on 8/30 - we have another possibility before we leave. (last year we got rained out of Boo Bash on our last night there). I know that labor day weekend is definitely more crowded in general but I do not think it is as crowded as other holiday weekends. The easy transit home to GF certainly makes it tempting to brave more crowds. Good luck whichever you choose!

I think you've officially convinced me to book 8/30. We're on rented points, so I didn't love that a Tuesday party would be between both late night deluxe resort hours (assuming they hold). But, 9/3 being a holiday weekend seemed like a bad call, too.

The possibility to rebook to 9/3 in case of rain officially gives 8/30 the win in my book. Maybe we'll see you there :-)

The MNSSHP ones Shades of Green are mailing out have the 50th images on them (different characters in gold - think the same as their statues in the parks?)

They look like the regular tickets, but they are pretty! I'm guessing Disney is sending out the same ones?
the tickets we received are the same as you describe we received about a week after I placed order online...*** you must be sure to select the USPS delivery option or you will just receive the default email delivery option.

Am I reading this right that they are only offering a roughly $3 to $4 discount per ticket depending on date? Lol Chapek.
It's pretty dismal...not even really worth the hassle of providing military id etc. I think when I priced ours the discount was even less than that. Sad.

Are all of the rides open during the party? We are going on the day we arrive and my DH is only joining me for the party because he wants to ride Jungle Cruise (we're spending most of our time at the F&W festival).

It's sounds like the rides listed are the only ones open but I thought I'd better check...

From the website:

Favorite Attractions​

Enjoy popular attractions—some with spellbinding surprises!
Rediscover some favorite attractions with a Halloween twist—including Mad Tea Party, Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor and Space Mountain.
Plus, delight in many other beloved attractions across the park, including:

Adventureland
Frontierland
Liberty Square
Fantasyland
Storybook Circus
Tomorrowland

Are all of the rides open during the party? We are going on the day we arrive and my DH is only joining me for the party because he wants to ride Jungle Cruise (we're spending most of our time at the F&W festival).

It's sounds like the rides listed are the only ones open but I thought I'd better check...

From the website:

Favorite Attractions​

Enjoy popular attractions—some with spellbinding surprises!
Rediscover some favorite attractions with a Halloween twist—including Mad Tea Party, Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor and Space Mountain.
Plus, delight in many other beloved attractions across the park, including:

Adventureland
Frontierland
Liberty Square
Fantasyland
Storybook Circus
Tomorrowland
If memory serves, Jungle Cruise isn't open during the party. HOWEVER, your party ticket gets you into the park at 4pm. Jungle Cruise is usually open from 4pm to 6pm, so you could always ride it then.

If memory serves, Jungle Cruise isn't open during the party. HOWEVER, your party ticket gets you into the park at 4pm. Jungle Cruise is usually open from 4pm to 6pm, so you could always ride it then.
This is what we did in 2019. JC is one that you have to do during the in 4-6 if you do it on a party day. That's the only big ride that's not open for the party, if memory serves.

Reactions: CJK
Any one else curios as to why no parties are sold out yet?? More tickets per party, no one has plans that far out, or price keeping guests away??

Any one else curios as to why no parties are sold out yet?? More tickets per party, no one has plans that far out, or price keeping guests away??
The prices certainly may be a factor, and $4.50/gallon gasoline surely doesn't help. I'm wondering if travel overall may not be as robust as originally predicted. I saw yesterday where Disneyland is offering Cali residents a 3 day ticket (Mon-Thurs) for $249 from June 13 through Sept 15. They may have already seen some softening in demand.

Can DAS be used during the party? I went one year and it could not, but another time I went, it was being used.

These parties have historically offered way more tickets than an After Hours event a la last year's Boo Bash that sold out quickly. If they're anywhere near the volume they were in 2019, you'd not going to see sell outs for a couple more months and, even then, it'll likely be only October parties.

I have a question for you disveterans. We will be going to DLR/DCA in late September/early October 2023. Is the Oogie Boogie Bash similar to the MNSSHP? We were there in 2019 and saw all the folks coming in their costumes, and had to ask a CM about it. That was our first ever trip to DLR/DCA. I would like to hear from folks who have been to both. This October, we'll be going to our very first MNSSHP and are contemplating doing the OBB next year.

The only confirmation I received was the tix are in my Disney experience. Is it odd that I didnt get hard tix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter