"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be attending my first MNSSHP since 2015!🥳
Any advice on which ride overlays are worth the time?
It really depends on the news from the first party. One year the Space Mountain 'overlay' was turning off the lights and playing a sound track of discordant screams, cackles, and laughs. I'm a huge coaster fan and couldn't stand to ride it more than once. Meanwhile the tea cups overlay with high energy music, and lots of cool lighting made a meh ride awesome for me. I really like the live castmembers at Haunted Mansion and it isn't considered an overlay, while the live castmembers in Pirates is, both are worth it to me. Can't wait until we hear more!

It really depends on the news from the first party. One year the Space Mountain 'overlay' was turning off the lights and playing a sound track of discordant screams, cackles, and laughs. I'm a huge coaster fan and couldn't stand to ride it more than once. Meanwhile the tea cups overlay with high energy music, and lots of cool lighting made a meh ride awesome for me. I really like the live castmembers at Haunted Mansion and it isn't considered an overlay, while the live castmembers in Pirates is, both are worth it to me. Can't wait until we hear more!

I have never done the Halloween party but have done the Villians After Hours. I will be attending the first Halloween party. I am not sure if you know the answer or not but are the overlays for Pirates and Space similar to what was done for the VAH? I don't want to prioritize doing them if they are similar to what I experienced during the VAH.

Thank you! I will keep an eye/ear out for more info.

From your wording, seems like HM cast members were maybe outside of the attraction, while Pirates cast members were part of the attraction, yes? So interesting; I have never experienced anything like that in the parks!

Thank you! I will keep an eye/ear out for more info.

From your wording, seems like HM cast members were maybe outside of the attraction, while Pirates cast members were part of the attraction, yes? So interesting; I have never experienced anything like that in the parks!
Exactly! Madam Carlotta (and her sister whose name I'm forgetting) sits outside on the lawn. In recent years her butler has excorted her there/helped with the crowd. Meanwhile the pirates are inside in the line, and on the ride. In 2019 I dressed as the heartbeat bride, and the pirate teased me about hiding an ax in the boat as we went under the bridge.

I have never done the Halloween party but have done the Villians After Hours. I will be attending the first Halloween party. I am not sure if you know the answer or not but are the overlays for Pirates and Space similar to what was done for the VAH? I don't want to prioritize doing them if they are similar to what I experienced during the VAH.
I've done both. The overlays for Villains were very similar. But I'd remind you that overlays change from year to year. I live in hope that we'll some day get the Space Moutain Ghost Galaxy overlay that DL gets.

I've done both. The overlays for Villains were very similar. But I'd remind you that overlays change from year to year. I live in hope that we'll some day get the Space Moutain Ghost Galaxy overlay that DL gets.

Thanks for the info!

Thank you for this thread! My family and I first went in September 2015 and we definitely winged it as we had no clue how to plan everything out. We lived right outside of Tampa so we had visited a few times on non-party days but we were beyond inexperienced with the parties. We decided to go back in August 2018 and I spent hours on this board reading everyone's posts. It helped us maximize our experience and we had so much fun that my kids still talk about it today. We have decided to go back this year and have purchased tickets for the party on September 2nd. We are beyond excited to be going back and I can't wait to read about tips, recommendations, and the experiences of others at the earlier parties before we get to go!

Last edited:

For those who have gone to the Friday of labor day weekend party in the past, how was it crowd wise? My only options while we are there is the Tuesday 8/30 or Friday 9/2. I know the Tuesday would be less busy, but we have a split stay and will be staying at GF during the Fri party, so that seems to be easiest date. Just curious to hear how crowded the parties were in the past for that timeframe. Thanks!
We went on August 31st 2018 which was within Labor Day weekend that year. It was not crowded at all. Most of the rides were walk on, with the exception of the Mine Train, and we went through a lot of the candy lines several times in a row, we would grab the candy and get right back in the same line. My kids are already over meeting the characters so we didn't wait in any of those lines but they didn't look too long. My husband and I made several comments throughout the night about how we could all stand and stick our arms straight out to the side and not be close to touching anyone else. There were a few rides where we were just allowed to stay on and ride again because no one else had lined up at the time. That was for the smaller rides like Dumbo and the Teacups. The thing my kids remembered the most was walking right up to the front of the line for Space Mountain and only have to wait on the car to return with the people who were already on it. We timed going with the beginning of one of the shows for the Sanderson sisters. While everyone else crowded around the castle, we rode as many rides as possible! It only rained lightly for around 10 minutes so it was a really pleasant night.

We went on August 31st 2018 which was within Labor Day weekend that year. It was not crowded at all. Most of the rides were walk on, with the exception of the Mine Train, and we went through a lot of the candy lines several times in a row, we would grab the candy and get right back in the same line. My kids are already over meeting the characters so we didn't wait in any of those lines but they didn't look too long. My husband and I made several comments throughout the night about how we could all stand and stick our arms straight out to the side and not be close to touching anyone else. There were a few rides where we were just allowed to stay on and ride again because no one else had lined up at the time. That was for the smaller rides like Dumbo and the Teacups. The thing my kids remembered the most was walking right up to the front of the line for Space Mountain and only have to wait on the car to return with the people who were already on it. We timed going with the beginning of one of the shows for the Sanderson sisters. While everyone else crowded around the castle, we rode as many rides as possible! It only rained lightly for around 10 minutes so it was a really pleasant night.

Good to know! Thanks!

My husband and I made several comments throughout the night about how we could all stand and stick our arms straight out to the side and not be close to touching anyone else.
Oh my gosh! I thought we were the only family who judged Disney that way! We do this crazy thing where one of us will make the others look while they put there arms out and spin just to show off how much room there is. :rotfl2:

Oh my gosh! I thought we were the only family who judged Disney that way! We do this crazy thing where one of us will make the others look while they put there arms out and spin just to show off how much room there is. :rotfl2:
Ha ha no we definitely do it too! It's definitely a reason that we use to justify coming back for Halloween in August/September!

Should you arrive to MK right at 4 or earlier? Also, should we get in line immediately to meet the 7D? Is it acceptable for members if your party to grab dinner for the rest of the party to eat in line? For they start meeting at 7 or earlier? Sorry for all of the questions
, we're party newbies.

I have 8 day tickets for each of us. We are going to each of the 4 parks twice. We will be there for 10 days and have one day for Disney Springs. I bought tickets for MNSSHP for our last day at Magic Kingdom. I already have reservations for that day but I understand that people with a party ticket can get in at 4 pm without a park reservation. Will I be able to change our reservation to another day for another park? What is the latest we can change our park reservation? I understand that there has to be availability. Will I be able to see what park is available, cancel the MK on that day or the day before and just make it for another park? I am nervous about changing anything because I don't quite understand MDE. The day after MNSSHP is the day we check out and leave but we are driving so we can leave whenever. WWYD? I am trying to make it as relaxing as I can. That is why I am giving us two days at each park. If I figured it out right. The price of the ticket is $64

I have 8 day tickets for each of us. We are going to each of the 4 parks twice. We will be there for 10 days and have one day for Disney Springs. I bought tickets for MNSSHP for our last day at Magic Kingdom. I already have reservations for that day but I understand that people with a party ticket can get in at 4 pm without a park reservation. Will I be able to change our reservation to another day for another park? What is the latest we can change our park reservation? I understand that there has to be availability. Will I be able to see what park is available, cancel the MK on that day or the day before and just make it for another park? I am nervous about changing anything because I don't quite understand MDE. The day after MNSSHP is the day we check out and leave but we are driving so we can leave whenever. WWYD? I am trying to make it as relaxing as I can. That is why I am giving us two days at each park. If I figured it out right. The price of the ticket is $64
A party ticket will grant you access to the MK starting at 4PM on your party day.

You can change park reservations at any point, until you have entered the park you have a reservation for. As you shared, this is based on availability at a different park.

Just a reminder all of the restaurants and quick services close before 7:00 pm on party nights so if your planning to eat before the before party starts at 7:00 you must arrive earlier enough to do so....even the bakery and ice cream places will be closing. Only drink/ice cream carts will be available during party. I thought I remembered a few dining places being open but I was checking dining calendars and it looks like they close at regular park closing and prior to start of parties. Seems crazy as I would think there would be many people looking for refreshments other than candy.

Just a reminder all of the restaurants and quick services close before 7:00 pm on party nights so if your planning to eat before the before party starts at 7:00 you must arrive earlier enough to do so....even the bakery and ice cream places will be closing. Only drink/ice cream carts will be available during party. I thought I remembered a few dining places being open but I was checking dining calendars and it looks like they close at regular park closing and prior to start of parties. Seems crazy as I would think there would be many people looking for refreshments other than candy.

That's bizarre. I wonder if the food schedules for party nights haven't been updated yet? I know in 2019 Cosmic Ray's had party exclusive food (not that I'm dying to eat a weirdly topped burger...) and I think Pecos Bill and Casey's. Not having real food available from 6pm to midnight feels like too big of an oversight, even in light of Disney's many, many oversights of late.

That's bizarre. I wonder if the food schedules for party nights haven't been updated yet? I know in 2019 Cosmic Ray's had party exclusive food (not that I'm dying to eat a weirdly topped burger...) and I think Pecos Bill and Casey's. Not having real food available from 6pm to midnight feels like too big of an oversight, even in light of Disney's many, many oversights of late.
I think it’s crazy too....I checked party nights in August and Sept after I noticed it for our party night. I remember a few places being open with special Halloween items that were specifically for the party before COVID times...certainly seems like they will be leaving a lot of $ on the table and hungry guests if this doesnt change. Maybe they figure guests won’t want to waste time eating and miss party activities....but I still think people would want to grab something quick.

Last edited:
Should you arrive to MK right at 4 or earlier? Also, should we get in line immediately to meet the 7D? Is it acceptable for members if your party to grab dinner for the rest of the party to eat in line? For they start meeting at 7 or earlier? Sorry for all of the questions
, we're party newbies.

The last MNSSHP that we met the Seven Dwarfs was in 2016. My photo with them was time-stamped at 6:39 and we got in line after meeting Jack & Sally, so there were about 15-20 groups ahead of us. People were definitely eating while they waited.

Last edited:
In 2019, my husband and sons went to Cosmic Rays to get food while I waited in line for the Pooh characters. They got food around 7:00 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter