"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still debating on the party. We have never been to one so would like to experience it, but a Friday party would work out best because we have our off days on the weekend (planning to look around Orlando to see which areas we might like to move to) but I wonder if Fridays are horrible crowd-wise.

Just a reminder all of the restaurants and quick services close before 7:00 pm on party nights so if your planning to eat before the before party starts at 7:00 you must arrive earlier enough to do so....even the bakery and ice cream places will be closing. Only drink/ice cream carts will be available during party. I thought I remembered a few dining places being open but I was checking dining calendars and it looks like they close at regular park closing and prior to start of parties. Seems crazy as I would think there would be many people looking for refreshments other than candy.
I'm guessing they may not have updated calendars yet for whatever reason. I know ice cream/popcorn/drink carts only was definitely an After Hours party thing, not MNSSHP. Not sure about the table service restaurants, but a number of the quick service places were open and selling the special party exclusive snacks during MNSSHP.

Though now that I'm thinking about it, I think a lot of quick service places were also open during After Hours parties for exclusive snacks, the only reason ice cream/drink carts were notable at those parties was that they were free.

In conclusion 🧐... I'm going to guess their calendars need updating, or they might not include their party hours at all to avoid confusing day guests so they won't think they can hang out at Cosmic Ray's til midnight.

That's bizarre. I wonder if the food schedules for party nights haven't been updated yet? I know in 2019 Cosmic Ray's had party exclusive food (not that I'm dying to eat a weirdly topped burger...) and I think Pecos Bill and Casey's. Not having real food available from 6pm to midnight feels like too big of an oversight, even in light of Disney's many, many oversights of late.
In previous years they definitely had quick serves open during hte party. I remember eating at Columbia Harbor House around 7:15 pm in 2018.

I'm guessing they may not have updated calendars yet for whatever reason. I know ice cream/popcorn/drink carts only was definitely an After Hours party thing, not MNSSHP. Not sure about the table service restaurants, but a number of the quick service places were open and selling the special party exclusive snacks during MNSSHP.

Though now that I'm thinking about it, I think a lot of quick service places were also open during After Hours parties for exclusive snacks, the only reason ice cream/drink carts were notable at those parties was that they were free.

In conclusion 🧐... I'm going to guess their calendars need updating, or they might not include their party hours at all to avoid confusing day guests so they won't think they can hang out at Cosmic Ray's til midnight.
Table service restaurants were definitely open, at least Be our Guest and Cinderella’s Royal Table (and I think one other) have historically been open during parties.

I agree. I remember the Hades nachos at Pecos Bill’s in 2019. Multiple CS places open, and several with special items.

I agree. I remember the Hades nachos at Pecos Bill’s in 2019. Multiple CS places open, and several with special items.
Slightly off topic but how were they? I really wanted to try them and was hoping they’d be back this year!

Slightly off topic but how were they? I really wanted to try them and was hoping they’d be back this year!
Better in theory than practice, but I have simple tastes ;). I’d be happy with Mickey pretzels or corn dog nuggets and neon cheese!

Better in theory than practice, but I have simple tastes ;). I’d be happy with Mickey pretzels or corn dog nuggets and neon cheese!
I still dream about the caramel filled Mickey pretzels that were a party exclusive in 2019. They were amazing. So hoping they come back this year.

Just a reminder all of the restaurants and quick services close before 7:00 pm on party nights so if your planning to eat before the before party starts at 7:00 you must arrive earlier enough to do so....even the bakery and ice cream places will be closing. Only drink/ice cream carts will be available during party. I thought I remembered a few dining places being open but I was checking dining calendars and it looks like they close at regular park closing and prior to start of parties. Seems crazy as I would think there would be many people looking for refreshments other than candy.
Do they? I always thought that Casey's, Cosmic and Pecos were all open during the party?

Do they? I always thought that Casey's, Cosmic and Pecos were all open during the party?
They used to be but if you look under dining all the dining locations in MK are closing at park closing in party nights. Good luck to those who go looking for food during MNSSHP...

Are there advantages/disadvantages to having a dining reservation in MK before the party?

My family is going to our first party in August (I did Very Merry After Hours last year and loved it, but without kids!). We are disembarking our Wish cruise that day, so we're just taking it easy at the resort before heading to MK to get in with our party ticket at 4. I made a 5:50 reservation for dinner at The Plaza hoping that we'd finish eating about the time the party starts. We do have a full day planned at MK 2 days later, so we're not trying to fit in everything we want to do with the party ticket.

Hello all, I have a timing question. We have not been to MNSSHP since my son was little..he is now 18 and we both thought it would be a blast to head back this year. So excited. We are staying off site and will not have day tickets so planning on getting in the park at 4. How early should we plan on arriving at the parking lot to make our way over to be in the park at 4? We want to get the most out of our tickets and have as much time in the park as possible. Thanks so much!! :-)

I am still debating on the party. We have never been to one so would like to experience it, but a Friday party would work out best because we have our off days on the weekend (planning to look around Orlando to see which areas we might like to move to) but I wonder if Fridays are horrible crowd-wise.
Each party is capped so even if it "sells out" the crowds aren't terrible.

Hello all, I have a timing question. We have not been to MNSSHP since my son was little..he is now 18 and we both thought it would be a blast to head back this year. So excited. We are staying off site and will not have day tickets so planning on getting in the park at 4. How early should we plan on arriving at the parking lot to make our way over to be in the park at 4? We want to get the most out of our tickets and have as much time in the park as possible. Thanks so much!! :-)
I would plan on being at the parking lot around 3/3:15 if you're wanting to b at the tapstyles right at 4. In previous yrs. security has been pretty packed with incoming party-goers in our experience.

Are there advantages/disadvantages to having a dining reservation in MK before the party?

The biggest disadvantage is the lost park time. In prior years, many of the high demand characters (Jack and Sally, Dwarfs, Moana) met earlier than the party so you could have them done before official party start time. But if you're not trying to pack it in this party, that may not be a big issue for you.

We opted for a 2pm ADR on the monorail loop. We'll have a big lunch/dinner, then start the party. I know that is too early for dinner for many people, but in the heat we don't tend to get hungry late in the day. If we do a big meal at 2, we can snack for dinner.

Is this doable? Get to MK at 4 & pick up our Casey's mobile order. Eat while in line for 7D. Ride teacups, HM, & Pirates. Meet Gravediggers. Magic shots. Fireworks, later parade, midnight Sanderson's show. (Trick or treating and maybe another character if time allows). Going on first night.

Is this doable? Get to MK at 4 & pick up our Casey's mobile order. Eat while in line for 7D. Ride teacups, HM, & Pirates. Meet Gravediggers. Magic shots. Fireworks, later parade, midnight Sanderson's show. (Trick or treating and maybe another character if time allows). Going on first night.
Just fyi...the ride overlays/special effects won't start until the party starts. Those all sound doable.

I would highly doubt those hours are accurate. I have never been to a party that hasn't had a least something open.
True, but I remember feeling that my Starbucks sandwhich was just like every other Starbucks sandwhich I'd ever had, even though I was eating it at nearly midnight, just before the last show of the evening. It just felt like a missed opportunity - much like the regular Casey's hot dogs we got stuck with the year before, and the generic fried shrimp from Columbia Harbor House. So, yes, there are some quick service places open, but I'd rather eat something themed or nice before the party. I will say the year we did CRT - with Halloween themed desserts and princesses telling us there Halloween memories - it was an enormous waste of time and a magical memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter