"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are wanting a low-crowd experience at MK (if that's possible anymore). My choices are the MNSSHP on Thursday, September 29 or a regular park ticket on Saturday, October 1 (MK's 51st birthday). I guess we could do a PH on Thursday and visit MK in the morning, but we would miss out on all fireworks. Surely the Halloween party will be less crowed, right?
Honestly, no. In the past, MNSSHP was amazing . Not super crowded, you could see the fireworks, see the parade and stage show and ride rides. Our last 2 times it was ridiculously crowded to where it wasn't fun. Long lines for the rides. Huge crowds for the parades, fireworks and stage show. Don't even think about the lines for the characters. Jack and Sally were 2 hours when it opened.
Not sure if/when we will return, but not now. YMMV.

How bad will the vloggers be on the first night?

Our only option is to go to the first night, and I'm worried it will be unpleasant.

I assume there will be a lot of cameras on polls, recording everything (which I hate on dark rides and during fireworks).

Do you think we should skip it?
Be advised that bloggers and other media are also given priority access for rides.. So they'll be going through the lightening lane while you wait. that was very difficult for me to deal with as a paying customer, especially when it happened at every ride the had an overlay. They also have a blogger/media area with food (usually in the plaze garden spots) and reserved seating right at the front for all shows. If none of that bugs you, I wouldn't hesitate to go.

How bad will the vloggers be on the first night?

Our only option is to go to the first night, and I'm worried it will be unpleasant.

I assume there will be a lot of cameras on polls, recording everything (which I hate on dark rides and during fireworks).

Do you think we should skip it?

We are laid back and our kids will be most excited for tricker treating and the parade/fireworks

Thanks
We’ve gone to several opening parties over the years. I’ve noticed the blogger media area and I’ve been near a few who were videotaping the fireworks, but otherwise I don’t notice them at all. I wouldn’t skip it for that reason.

This sounds cool - How do you find the bypass?
Can someone explain to me exactly where the bypass is? How do I get to it? Thank you.
It's behind the Plaza restaurant and runs all the way down to basically Tonys (not quite, but the stores that are at the entrance of Main St on that side. If you're coming in at 4, most likely CMs will be directing you that way anyways.

Can someone explain to me exactly where the bypass is? How do I get to it? Thank you.
This sounds cool - How do you find the bypass?
It’s a walkway. Head to the right as soon as you enter MK, just past Tony’s. The walkway takes you up behind the Main Street buildings and you come out near The Plaza restaurant.

The bypass opens at 4 pm and there are usually CM’s directing you to walk through it, though you don’t have to if you’d rather go right up Mainstreet, you can.

Honestly, no. In the past, MNSSHP was amazing . Not super crowded, you could see the fireworks, see the parade and stage show and ride rides. Our last 2 times it was ridiculously crowded to where it wasn't fun. Long lines for the rides. Huge crowds for the parades, fireworks and stage show. Don't even think about the lines for the characters. Jack and Sally were 2 hours when it opened.
How far in advance did you need to stake out a spot for parade and fireworks?

This is our exact experience too. Years ago it was great, the last few years before the shut down it was miserable. We finally gave up going. I'm hoping they don't continue over selling it, but I'm guessing as long as it's taking for nights to sell out, it's going to be just like it was. It is most definitely not a way to experience low crowd levels.

How far in advance did you need to stake out a spot for parade and fireworks?
The last party we attended the crowds were so bad that more than 2 hours before the fireworks started we gave up and found a spot in the hub area and just camped out. We sent 2 runners for food and it took them a full hour to get to Comic Rays and back. We ended up eating on the ground and I decided then, $600+ dollars to eat cold food on the pavement was not something I'd ever do again. I'm waiting on reports of what these parties will be like before I buy again.

Last edited:
I know not everyone's party tickets show up in MyDisney, though ours do (and we received the hard tickets in the mail). I'm still holding out hope they will somehow let us purchase Genie+ for the 4-7 p.m. window even if we are Party-Only tickets... It is the new Disney, thinking they wouldn't want to miss a chance for more $$$... 🤣

I know not everyone's party tickets show up in MyDisney, though ours do (and we received the hard tickets in the mail). I'm still holding out hope they will somehow let us purchase Genie+ for the 4-7 p.m. window even if we are Party-Only tickets... It is the new Disney, thinking they wouldn't want to miss a chance for more $$$... 🤣
me too! I have a park ticket (AP) but my family doesn’t and it would be nice to be able to book some LLs

I doubt it will ever be possible without a actual day pass or an AP to buy G+.
FYI, Lightning Lanes on MNSSHP nights end at 6:00, when the park officially closes to regular guests.
I don't know, doesn't seem worth it to me to spend $15 per person for G+ for only 2 hours. By the time you ride your first ride, there probably won't be anything left anyway.

Fortunately, we cancelled our September trip to WDW to take a cruise at a bargain price. I have 2 Adult MNSSHP tickets for September 20th that we're not using. Does anyone know of a place where they could be traded or sold?

Thanks!

We have tickets for our first MNSSHP 8/16, which surprisingly sold out. I am a little bummed about that, TBH, because I fear massive crowds will make the night less enjoyable but we’ll find the joy no matter what.
The only other party I have attended was for MVMCP and I thought for that one DVC members could enter at 2:00. Am I dreaming this/having a senior moment???
I ask because I made reservations at the Plaza for 3:25 on our party day. I will hate to lose that Plaza ressie if we can’t enter until 4:00. My favorite spot!

We have tickets for our first MNSSHP 8/16, which surprisingly sold out. I am a little bummed about that, TBH, because I fear massive crowds will make the night less enjoyable but we’ll find the joy no matter what.
The only other party I have attended was for MVMCP and I thought for that one DVC members could enter at 2:00. Am I dreaming this/having a senior moment???
I ask because I made reservations at the Plaza for 3:25 on our party day. I will hate to lose that Plaza ressie if we can’t enter until 4:00. My favorite spot!
You are not misremembering. Disney previously allowed a DVC member + 7 additional guests (per membership) early entry at 2pm for MNSSHP and MVMCP.

Nothing has officially been announced this year and we only have one week left until the first party. Hopefully we hear something sooner than later. If not, I think we will see enough DPs between DISboards and various bloggers if it's happening on the first night which should hopefully give you time to cancel your ADR before 8/16 without being penalized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter