"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That depends on what Disney does with it. While yes it's not a special 50th anniversary show (or anything special really....), the feedback of it compared to HEA may push Disney to bring back HEA.

All I'm going to say is they never officially said goodbye to HEA...

And by that I mean, I remember when Wishes went away and there was the merch, the "final viewing" event palooza and with HEA it was just "oh now we have Enchantment from this date" so I would not be surprised if / when HEA comes back.

I'm really looking forward to seeing feedback from the first party this week so I can plan character meets. We've never managed to meet the Dwarves in previous years and would love to get an opportunity to see them this time around.

Thanks for the information. I'm wondering if our crowd tolerance is very different. I have done the MK fireworks many times on non-party nights, and it's miserable to me. I was actually a little disappointed when they announced MNSSHP even though I love it so much. I held on to the hope that they would do both fireworks since the 50th celebration was supposed to happen for 18 months. I decided to go with MNSSHP over Enchantment for the lower crowds overall. This trip is kind of a goodbye trip since we will be not likely return for awhile so we wanted to do something nostalgic rather than something new. We are staying at the Poly, so the plan is to get Ohana items from Tambu lounge to eat on our balcony and then make our way to the beach for the fireworks. This sounds much more relaxing to us rather than fight the crowds at MK. By the way, I also loved HalloWishes!

ETA: We also wanted a low-crowd experience at Epcot, and because we are only buying a 1-day PH, we wanted to avoid October 1 at all costs. That is Epcot's 40th.

As far as dessert parties, we have done a few of them. We have never felt that they were worth the cost.
I think your views and plans sound absolutely right. I was also surprised and disappointed that they're not doing both fireworks shows on MNSSHP nights. Your nostalgic Poly night sounds fantastic! And to clarify... I have an extremely low tolerance for crowds. I generally don't watch fireworks from the Hub or Main Street. Because fireworks are a priority for me, I do one dessert party per trip to take advantage of the reserved fireworks viewing. Cost is roughly $99. I usually swap out a similarly priced BOG, CRT or other "nice" dinner to offset that cost. Value proposition and budget prioritization is very individual. Otherwise, like you, I prefer to watch from the resort. My point about Oct 1 of last year was simply that it was not quite as crowded as I had expected it to be, and was much less crowded than past New Years. I had expected a pre-Covid NYE level crowd for Oct 1 last year and it wasn't even close.

All I'm going to say is they never officially said goodbye to HEA...

And by that I mean, I remember when Wishes went away and there was the merch, the "final viewing" event palooza and with HEA it was just "oh now we have Enchantment from this date" so I would not be surprised if / when HEA comes back.

I'm really looking forward to seeing feedback from the first party this week so I can plan character meets. We've never managed to meet the Dwarves in previous years and would love to get an opportunity to see them this time around.
Are the Dwarves meeting this year? Awesome, I didn't know that! I met with them once at a Christmas party some years back. (And I'm hoping HEA comes back at some point. I agree, there was no "farewell to HEA" merch or event stuff... which is suggestive)

I think your views and plans sound absolutely right. I was also surprised and disappointed that they're not doing both fireworks shows on MNSSHP nights. Your nostalgic Poly night sounds fantastic! And to clarify... I have an extremely low tolerance for crowds. I generally don't watch fireworks from the Hub or Main Street. Because fireworks are a priority for me, I do one dessert party per trip to take advantage of the reserved fireworks viewing. Cost is roughly $99. I usually swap out a similarly priced BOG, CRT or other "nice" dinner to offset that cost. Value proposition and budget prioritization is very individual. Otherwise, like you, I prefer to watch from the resort. My point about Oct 1 of last year was simply that it was not quite as crowded as I had expected it to be, and was much less crowded than past New Years. I had expected a pre-Covid NYE level crowd for Oct 1 last year and it wasn't even close.

Unfortunately, traditionally regular fireworks have never occurred on Party Nights, just when After Hours events are held.

Unfortunately, traditionally regular fireworks have never occurred on Party Nights, just when After Hours events are held.
Ohhh... yes... you're right about that! I was confusing MNSSHP with After Hours events.

Sorry if this has been asked and answered. We've done the Halloween parties in August before and have never seen dates that early sell out. Three dates that we could go to this year are sold out. Is there a possibility that they might have tickets available on the day of a party, or does sold out mean "sold out"?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered. We've done the Halloween parties in August before and have never seen dates that early sell out. Three dates that we could go to this year are sold out. Is there a possibility that they might have tickets available on the day of a party, or does sold out mean "sold out"?
I've heard that sometimes you can get tickets day of, you just have to check. It is odd that parties are already selling out for mid Aug and early Sept. I wonder if they are capping it lower than previous MNSSHP?

Trying to decide whether to go for dessert party on a party night or not waste time....
I feel that parties are so short that paying even more for a dessert party is a waste of money and precious time. But if all one wants it for is the preferred fireworks viewing spot and not the desserts, then I can understand why some people will pay for it.

During last year's Christmas after-hours party, DVC offered members who were staying on site the opportunity to watch the fireworks from the Plaza viewing area (no desserts and no charge). It was so nice to be able to grab a spot just minutes before the show started. We had lots of space to spread out and a decent view of the castle projections.

For what it's worth - I was at MK on the 50th (Oct 1) and crowds for the fireworks not an issue.
We were also at MK on the 50th (Oct 1) and I recall (and my pictures confirm) that it was packed for the fireworks. We got moving a bit too late and ended up with our backs against the train station wall. I have pictures from that spot and it was wall to wall people all the way up Main Street.

That being said, I don't think the crowds will be that obnoxious this year on Oct 1. I would guess it will be more like any other average night.

I feel that parties are so short that paying even more for a dessert party is a waste of money and precious time. But if all one wants it for is the preferred fireworks viewing spot and not the desserts, then I can understand why some people will pay for it.

During last year's Christmas after-hours party, DVC offered members who were staying on site the opportunity to watch the fireworks from the Plaza viewing area (no desserts and no charge). It was so nice to be able to grab a spot just minutes before the show started. We had lots of space to spread out and a decent view of the castle projections.
Actually we arent really interested in the desserts just want a place that’s not packed with people to watch fireworks...we aren’t interested in the character photos or TOT...want rides with shorter lines, parade, and fireworks.

We were also at MK on the 50th (Oct 1) and I recall (and my pictures confirm) that it was packed for the fireworks. We got moving a bit too late and ended up with our backs against the train station wall. I have pictures from that spot and it was wall to wall people all the way up Main Street.

That being said, I don't think the crowds will be that obnoxious this year on Oct 1. I would guess it will be more like any other average night.
I’m getting too old to be able to tolerate even the average night! :(

Actually we arent really interested in the desserts just want a place that’s not packed with people to watch fireworks...we aren’t interested in the character photos or TOT...want rides with shorter lines, parade, and fireworks.
I am also on the fence about the dessert party - totally hear ya! I so love the MK fireworks and deeply hate feeling smooshed in a crowd, so that’s my draw. I also want to make it through this vacation without getting sick with COVID (I teach and start back to school right after we return- don’t want to start the year sick!) so I’m trying to keep us out of the thick of things the best I can. The desserts are not always super extraordinary - especially for me (Celiac), but the viewing area and no human crush may be worth it. I wish it was just a tiny bit less money- then it wouldn’t be so hard to decide.
I thought about the time that we’ll lose out & about in the park, but if we want a good spot, we’d need an hour to camp out anyway, so, we might as well take a breather and soak it all in with some sweets…? I am still undecided and tickets open up tomorrow… And we’re going next week on a sold out night, so I’d better make up my mind! Ha! Just wanted to share your indecision.

I am also on the fence about the dessert party - totally hear ya! I so love the MK fireworks and deeply hate feeling smooshed in a crowd, so that’s my draw. I also want to make it through this vacation without getting sick with COVID (I teach and start back to school right after we return- don’t want to start the year sick!) so I’m trying to keep us out of the thick of things the best I can. The desserts are not always super extraordinary - especially for me (Celiac), but the viewing area and no human crush may be worth it. I wish it was just a tiny bit less money- then it wouldn’t be so hard to decide.
I thought about the time that we’ll lose out & about in the park, but if we want a good spot, we’d need an hour to camp out anyway, so, we might as well take a breather and soak it all in with some sweets…? I am still undecided and tickets open up tomorrow… And we’re going next week on a sold out night, so I’d better make up my mind! Ha! Just wanted to share your indecision.
Can you watch the fireworks from behind the castle in fantasyland instead or are you wanting to see the projections?

Can you watch the fireworks from behind the castle in fantasyland instead or are you wanting to see the projections?
It’s our first and possibly only time attending the party so I think we’ll want to be front & center to get the full experience. I have never tried the behind the castle viewing (save for one night walking out if BOG dinner during Wishes)but I should try it sometime.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter