"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If possible, I'd bag them in gallon Ziplocs and pack them in checked luggage so I could avoid any hassle at TSA.
I don't check mine, we are going Mid September and who knows how long the luggage will be on the Tarmac before it does into the plane, or gets to my airport when it comes off the plane.

We're going to the parties September 5 and 9 and have a few questions.

We're staying at Universal. What's the best way to get to the party? Uber to TTC then take ferry? Uber to Contemporary then walk? I do love the ferry. We've only ridden it a couple times since we have always stayed onsite. We plan to be there by 3:30 or so to get our wristband and be ready to go in at 4.

Are popcorn stands open during the party?

Anybody know when Columbia Harbour House closes on party nights?

Any pin trading going on during the party? I assume it's still pin boards in certain places no CM lanyards correct?

How difficult is it to get an Uber after the party? We will plan to stay until it's over then slowly make our way out so it'll probably be about 1 AM and I think we'll walk to the Contemporary and catch an Uber from there.

I saw on the Facebook group for the party that they aren’t doing wristband distribution in line and you need to have already gotten a wristband to join.

So then, does anyone know what time they start giving wristbands inside the park?

Also, can anyone confirm whether there are photo pass photographers at the m&g’s (specifically jack & sally, Pooh, and Jafar) or just the photo box thingies?

Thanks!

We're staying at Universal. What's the best way to get to the party? Uber to TTC then take ferry? Uber to Contemporary then walk? I do love the ferry. We've only ridden it a couple times since we have always stayed onsite. We plan to be there by 3:30 or so to get our wristband and be ready to go in at 4.

Any pin trading going on during the party? I assume it's still pin boards in certain places no CM lanyards correct?

How difficult is it to get an Uber after the party? We will plan to stay until it's over then slowly make our way out so it'll probably be about 1 AM and I think we'll walk to the Contemporary and catch an Uber from there.
Last year we stayed at Universal and did the Merriest After Hours. We spent the afternoon at Downtown Disney then took the Disney bus over to Contemporary. After the party we walked over to Contemporary and ordered an Uber. It wasn't hard getting an Uber, it was around 1:30 and the first one came pretty fast, the second was probably 15 minutes later (we had a group of 7 so needed 2). I think the drivers know when the after hours parties are.

ok, question about candy🍫🍬, I know they give a token for people with allergies, but, are there candy🍭🍫🍬 for diabetics?

Not sure if I should post this on the disabilities board but…is DAS available for any of the meet and greets? Specifically trying to meet Jack and Sally. If not, could our group take turns waiting in line and bring in others as we get closer? I know sometimes people will get upset about that, but it will be hard for my son to wait for almost 2 hours, and also two others in our group under the age of 5. Thanks!

a gallon ziploc of candy is pretty heavy.
We had this problem in 2019. We did two parties, and tucked our candy away in our luggage. That bag ended up overweight by 10lbs. I had to open it up, take out the candy bags, and switch them to carry on. Thankfully our carry on had room. the Orlando Airport does have a post office to ship candy home (what the airline agent recommended) but the idea of paying $15 to ship or $30 in luggage fees for 'free' candy didn't make me smile.

So you wouldn’t recommend bringing it in the personal bag at all?
I have not had any problems with TSA and candy in my carry on. We usually bring snacks back for the family, and we carry it all together. As long as there is no liquid, you should be ok.

So then, does anyone know what time they start giving wristbands inside the park?

Also, can anyone confirm whether there are photo pass photographers at the m&g’s (specifically jack & sally, Pooh, and Jafar) or just the photo box thingies?

Thanks!
4pm at the entrance if you are not already in MK. If you went in before 4pm (must have a park ticket/hopper) there are 2 or 3 locations inside the park where you can go and check in to get your wrist bands. I know of 2 locations inside: Tortuga Tavern across from POTC, and the old Stitch Ride in Tomorrowland.

From some of the vlogs and live streams I have seen, there are PhotoPass photographers at some of the m&g's. I have not seen them all, so I cannot answer to all of them. We will be there on 9/11 & 9/13.

Hope this helps!

I tried searching because I thought I remember seeing this, but can seem to pull up the thread. We are staying at WL... at the end of a Party night, how long are the waits/lines for resort ferry launch for WL (versus the other ferries)? Anyone with any experience from this year (or a previous year Christmas or Halloween Party)? I've heard bus lines and main ferry lines are crazy long waits... just trying to determine if we want to walk to Contemporary and Uber or try for a resort ferry...

If you don’t have an ADR for CR they won’t let you be dropped off there.

Pre-Covid, we went to CHH on a party night at 6 and it was still open, I believe they closed at 7 and we didn't want to get stuck with the other QS options. This was before mobile ordering was available there and the line to order took forever, but we got our food quickly. Planning to go there again for our party night, we love that it's right next to HM so we can make that our first ride right when the characters come out.

I tried searching because I thought I remember seeing this, but can seem to pull up the thread. We are staying at WL... at the end of a Party night, how long are the waits/lines for resort ferry launch for WL (versus the other ferries)? Anyone with any experience from this year (or a previous year Christmas or Halloween Party)? I've heard bus lines and main ferry lines are crazy long waits... just trying to determine if we want to walk to Contemporary and Uber or try for a resort ferry..
Stayed at CCV and attended the 8/19 party. We had no wait at all for a boat back to WL. We walked up and got on the boat and left. Back to the resort by 12:30-ish. Maybe we were just lucky. :confused3

Does anyone have a recommendations for alternative fireworks viewing spots? We have one member of our group who doesn't want to be in a big crowd on Main Street. We are all adults and it is ok if we can't see the projections or puppet very well (or at all). They just want to hear the music and see the explosions. :)

Does anyone have a recommendations for alternative fireworks viewing spots? We have one member of our group who doesn't want to be in a big crowd on Main Street. We are all adults and it is ok if we can't see the projections or puppet very well (or at all). They just want to hear the music and see the explosions. :)

Crystal Palace porch area is a good place or snagging an early seat in front of Casey’s

By Price Charming's Carousel in Fantasyland is the best spot! if you're brave you can sit on the ground near the ropes, where I've actually been dusted by ash. 🥳🥳 The booms are very loud and you're in the middle of things so there's lots of looking back and forth. If you prefer a seat and some distance there's seating at the castle walls and by Friar's Book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter