• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went last year for the first time and loved it so we are heading back for another trip this year.Last year there were free drinks ice cream popcorn ect...I was wondering if this happens every year or just last year.Also is there a price list for the specialty snacks online somewhere?

I would suggest reading the first post of this thread. 2020-2021 was a scaled back After-Hours Halloween Event due to the pandemic.

This year brings it back to the way things were with the Halloween Party. The parties do not include free drinks and snacks, but includes trick-or-treating.

Most rides are. If you get there at 4 all rides are until 6-7.

During the party 7 onward the below are closed: Mickey's PhilharMagic, Carousel of Progress and the Enchanted Tiki Room.

And I THINK between 6-7 the following rides are closed for the MNSSHP overlays: Mad Tea Party, HM, POTC..

Can anyone confirm these rides are closed from 6-7? I was planning on doing HM around 6:30 or so.

I saw on the Facebook group that the Pirates of the Caribbean float broke down during the first parade in Frontierland tonight and they were attempting to maneuver the other floats around it. I also saw that some of the dancers were not dancing, presumably because of the slick ground from the rain.

If anyone has or runs across a video of that last float absolutely flying down Main Street, let me know. That was wild.

Please Note:

The Disney website states that tickets are non-transferable. Discussing circumventing Disney rules is not permitted on DISboards.

Also, DISboards does not permit members to discuss situations which would require the exchange of funds between board members.

Discussions re: reselling/transferring tickets will be deleted and warning points may be given.

Last edited:
Not a bad trick or treat haul (3 people just doing them as we went past) but very Snickers heavy!

A835DE69-37D1-43C8-AA98-EC715D39D836.jpeg
In honesty we didn’t get a lot done. We didn’t do any rides apart from mad hatter, but saw the show parade and fireworks plus the trick or treating. Then bailed after the fireworks as our 6 year old was flagging.

Does anyone know the best way to get a wristband if you are already in the park but want to line up for jack and sally right away? I feel like if I go to Tomorrowland (for example) at 4 pm, I will be at a disadvantage to those guests entering at the front of the park. Can I go to the front for a wristband or is that only for new guests coming in with just a party ticket? Thanks in advance to anyone who has been in this situation who can share input!
In 2018 (I know, I know) at MVMCP they checked for party passes, and distributed wristbands in the Sandy Claws Jack and Sally line. It was AWESOME!!! No clue if they do that anymore. I'm hoping someone can verify whether or not that is the case this year.

Hard to say because I only started going to parties in 2018. However I find in general the crowded area aka in front of the castle has changed. When they reworked that area and added more pathways there is now room to see stuff yet not be in thick crowds.

I also enjoyed watching the parade from starting point vs main st.

Main st will be crowded but there are plenty of non crowded places. Choose to do the shows and parade later will also help.

Since our 1st party dd and I have been hooked! Funnest thing at wdw for us.

Well in our experience, it wasn't just Main Street. It wasn't just the Hub.

It was EVERYWHERE that was crowded. As in....couldn't walk in a straight line crowded. As in, you couldn't take a step either way without bumping into someone crowdded.

It felt as crowded as when we were there on Christmas Day. It felt more crowded than Epcot on NYE.

Well in our experience, it wasn't just Main Street. It wasn't just the Hub.

It was EVERYWHERE that was crowded. As in....couldn't walk in a straight line crowded. As in, you couldn't take a step either way without bumping into someone crowdded.

It felt as crowded as when we were there on Christmas Day. It felt more crowded than Epcot on NYE.
Even in Tomorrowland and Fantasyland? Yikes. We did 2 parties 2018 and 2019 and boo bash 2020.I didn’t think it was crowded.

My guess so many people are missing things that wdw is selling more tickets.

Last edited:
Parade wise we found a spot at the very start of it which wasn’t too bad. We got a spot at 8:10 for hocus pocus quite near the front of the castle, and for the fireworks we were in the hub after walking straight there from the parade.

Two parties for me, Aug 16, the second party but with #1 a mostly rain‐out, it was really the first full party. We were a group of 11 with too many agendas and people in the group that didn't bother to read my carefully crafted planning emails... and would NOT believe me that water, popcorn, and ice cream was not included. 🙄 Knowing all this, and planning a second party this coming Tuesday, I tried to just go with the flow...

Arrived at 3:30, got in at 4. Group was officially miserable standing in line to enter by then (and apparently expecting free ice cream). No pictures. Rushed to Buzz, then Space, Philharmagic, then my immediate group had an ADR at Skipper Canteen. Yes, "wasting" an hour of party time is totally worth it for good food & AC. My group was now happy. Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Splash, got funnel cake & Dole whips, Haunted Mansion... some decided to water 1st parade from Frontierland at this point, but they were 4-5 people back in the crowd. No way. We hit 7D then watched the fireworks outside of Pinocchio. I went straight to the hub, got a perfect spot for Hocus Pocus (it was canceled due to technical issues 2 minutes after it started) and the parade. Teenagers and some adults did 7D again and Pooh. I shopped at the Emporium while the rest left before or after the parade.

Tuesday will be just my Disney-loving friend & I. Focus on the hub for fireworks, Pooh M&G, and a the snacks...and the PeopleMover!

So, you can ride everything and see not much... but food after 7pm is really hard to figure out. If you don't have an ADR, you absolutely need a plan.

And, following on from this (I think the answer’s yes by the way but I’m not 100% certain) - how late can you exchange your allergy tokens? Do I need to do it before the party officially ends?
The location next to Hall of Presidents is open until 12 (party end time) but the location right at the front of the park is open til 1am!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter