• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little bit disappointed. We are at mnsshp now. We got our wristbands at chamber of commerce right at 4. The Jack and Sally line was already massive with we crossed the street.

I think they must have let the people at the gate in a bit early.

Doesn't mess with my plans, this was our only before the party thing to get done.

But I'm just curious how this many people are in front of us.

Little bit disappointed. We are at mnsshp now. We got our wristbands at chamber of commerce right at 4. The Jack and Sally line was already massive with we crossed the street.

I think they must have let the people at the gate in a bit early.

Doesn't mess with my plans, this was our only before the party thing to get done.

But I'm just curious how this many people are in front of us.
They might have had a day ticket to the MK as well that day. We used to spend the day in the park all the time leading up to our hard ticket party.

When we got our bands at 3:50 ish you could see the crowds still behind the ropes waiting to get in. I guess it just depends who is giving out the bands and if they start early and also who is letting the crowds in and if they start early. A little pixie dust helps too :)

I attended MNSSHP Sunday Sept 25. I'll share what we got done and my overall impressions and any tips in case that helps anyone else out.

We arrived at the MK around 3:30 and entered with our AP. The line at the party tap styles was very long and in direct heat. Once we entered we got in line for wristbands at the Chamber of Commerce. There were maybe 20 people ahead of us.

I attended with two others and we were all dressed in a group costume as Loki variants. I had a mishap with my Loki horns and ran next door to guest services to see what could be done. A lot of scotch tape and some staples later, we were hoping the band on my Loki horns would hold up, and surprisingly it held strong for the rest of the night.

Wristbands were handed out promptly at 4. Once we got ours we rushed over to the line for Jack and Sally, it was already very long and stretched out into the street. I am still unsure how that many people got ahead of us, as there weren't near that many ahead of us at Chamber of Commerce. I think the tap styles must have opened a bit early. We were soon funneled inside and settled down to wait. The line looked a lot longer than it was because people were still lined up in the same space to meet Mickey as day guests. The Jack and Sally line stretches down 3 long switch backs and the rest of the lines were for Mickey.

Jack and Sally started to meet at promptly 4:31. We had about an hour wait and we met them at 5:35. I didn't mine the hour wait, we were indoors in the air conditioning, we could sit for part of the wait and this was all bonus time as the party hadn't even started. Jack and Sally were excellent to meet, as usual. They are very chatty and fun.

They did not hand out candy bags or maps at the Chamber of Commerce, so our next stop was the bypass. They had bags for us there and maps, though we didn't take a map. As the Universal Studios AP commercials say 'I am the map'.

There were statues of the fab five in Halloween costumes that you could take pictures with. There were also some banners for MNSSHP if you wanted a pictures with those. We also got handed a pre-party half size Snickers bar.

Next stop for us was a Donald candy corn sipper at Sleepy Hollow refreshments. It was still not available to mobile order as of yesterday. We got to watch the fab five cavalcade go by as we waited.

It was around 6 at this time and we all got a corn dog so that we wouldn't waste valuable party time eating. This MNSSHP was a bit different than my usual party style. Usually I am all about the character meets and have very detailed and precise plans about which characters to meet and when. But this party didn't have any new characters, and not a lot that I hadn't met numerous times or that weren't available to meet any day. So I was a lot more relaxed than I typically am at these parties.

We were done eating around 6:30 and it started to sprinkle a bit. The weather radar had a bit of rain headed for us so we quickly ducked into IASW to wait out the rain. It was about a 5 minute wait and the rain was pretty much done when we were finished with the ride, so great timing!

It was about 5 minutes before party start. I wanted to check out Belle and Gaston's line but the Gaston's tavern area was empty. We checked out Belle's cottage and realized they were meeting there. We were second in line but were told Gaston wasn't available for that party, so I wonder if a lot of people who may have lined up ahead of us had bailed. Otherwise not sure how we were second in line right at party start. We decided to stay and had a nice meet with Belle.

We walked by and checked our Eric and Ariel's line but it was looking a bit long so we moved on. Our friend isn't as character obsessed as we are so we weren't planning to do any super long waits.

We checked out Space but the line was out the door so we skipped it for the moment and walked onto People mover. I always like to do the People mover during parties, it's a great way to check out costumes and watch the dance party. We also discovered the dramatic, creepy music and pitch darkness of Space, so we were determined to do that later.

We wanted to head to POTC, but on the way stopped at the old Stitch attraction and did the photo op inside. There was no wait and it was a CM taking pictures with your phone of a Mr Toad and Monsters Inc backdrop.

Got in line for POTC around 8, it was listed as a 25 minute wait but took more like 15. I don't think there would be much of a wait at all but the line gets backed up as people interact with the pirates in the queue. We saw two in the queue, and then two later in the bridge on the ride itself. They were pretty cool and amusing.

After POTC, one of our group headed to Starbucks (it was empty at this time of night) and the other 2 went and got our parade spot. We were very close to the start of the route across from Pecos Bill's. We got our spot at about 8:20. Not many people were waiting at that point, but it filled up rapidly around 8:30 for the 9:15 parade.

Headless Horseman stepped off at 9:09 and the parade started promptly. I think these were good seats, we were able to see everything as it started and we only had one row of people behind us. We sat while waiting for the parade and then stood, once standing there was space for the family behind us to also be in the front.

When the parade ended we bolted for Adventureland. The plan was to beat the parade to the front of the park and slip into Town Hall to meet Mickey with hopefully no wait. We walk pretty fast, but I was pretty astonished to see the parade already at the hub. I think it's because it's such a long parade. We ended up narrowly missing the beginning, so we were held at the rope across from guest services. Which was actually ok, we had front row spots to watch several of the floats again. They let us cross the road quickly after the pirate ship and we were able to get into town hall. We did end up having maybe a two minute wait for Mickey. Jack and Sally's line was also at the door to their area, so was prob down to 15-20 minutes. If anyone wants to meet Jack and Sally but can't/don't want to show up early, I think a valid strategy is to watch the parade next to Town Hall and duck inside as the last float is coming by.

It was now 9:50. I had hoped that if we saw the first parade, character lines would be much shorter during the second. That's why we decided to watch the first parade rather than the second, which can be much emptier and easier to find a spot to watch. We stopped at Starbucks for some waters and made the decision to head to Space to check the wait. Our friend was going to a second party later in the season so didn't care if we saw the fireworks, and to be honest I think Hallowishes was much better so I didn't mind missing these.

We got in line for Space and waited 10-15 minutes. It was pretty creepy with all the lights off, it was definitely an experience.

We did some trick or treating, and then saw a pretty short wait for the Tweedles. They did take their time with people, and we met them around 10:50. We then waited in a 10 minute line for Alice and the Mad Hatter.

I wanted to check character waits at Storybook Circus, and Goofy only had a few groups in line so we were meeting him by 11:12. We checked out the Dumbo circus tent where Donald, Daisy and Minnie were meeting and the line was very short. About a ten minute wait and we met all 3, they were meeting separately. They did a quick change out so that took a couple extra minutes.

We were out of there at 11:32 and got the two magic shots at the Circus area entrance with no wait. I think Eric and Ariel's line was capped at this time, so we did trick or treating and more magic shots with no wait. We then did two more magic shots near HM with a couple minute wait, and were walking into HM at 11:58. After that was finished we were able to walk up to the Hocus Pocus show and see the best part: I Put a Spell on You. After that we headed out. I feel it was a pretty successful night.

TIPS:
-candy: at the start of the party they were being very stingy. At the end they were shoving handfuls in your bags. We went through the Philharmagic spot (which was playing Sleepy Hollow again this year on their big screen) and the CMs filled our bags to the brim and tried to shove more in. People say this every year, but if you can make it to the end of the night there will be no waits and you'll get a ton of candy. I was pretty disappointed with the candy selection. We mostly got Snickers and I don't think anyone in our group particularly likes Snickers. If you do, you're going to have a great time.

-parade: The second parade my be emptier and easier to get a last minute spot, but we found that time during the second parade to be very valuable for short character waits. So if characters are important you may want to watch the first parade and meet characters during the second.

-stay hydrated. We had a relatively cool night, but dressing in a heavy coat, heavy cloak and chest piece armor, and a 3 piece suit maybe wasn't the best idea in FL in Sept. I think I may have actually had some heat exhaustions symptoms as we headed back to the car. I started to have a headache and felt nausea. If you start to get overheated take a break in Monster's Inc, they run the show continuously throughout the night and the only wait is the candy line wait to get in. Philharmagic also continuously plays Legend of Sleepy Hollow inside.

-costumes: let's face it, it's just more fun to attend these parties in costume. The CMs love it, other guests love it and so do the characters.

Anyone have any questions I might be able to help with? Going to end the post with some pics.

1664210878265.png

1664210973445.png

1664210986928.png

1664211023125.png

1664211120521.png

1664211183532.png

1664211217971.png

1664211248396.png

1664211388981.png

1664211270779.png

Has anyone heard about how cancellations will be handled? I'm wondering what would happen if the Thursday and/or Friday parties were canceled due to the hurricane. Is that a refundable event?

I don't know about party cancellation(s), but we had to cancel our short getaway which included tickets for 9/27 MNSSHP (where we live in Florida and our travel path to WDW is in the cone) Waited as long as we could, called yesterday, and Disney applied our MNSSHP tickets towards MVMCP tickets for our Dec trip.🙏

D'oh - my MNSSHP party tickets are for Thursday 9/29 - I know all of the party dates are sold out, but I wonder if they would let you change it to a different date? I'm on hold to ask now. I am guessing the party on 9/29 is going to get cancelled based on the current weather predictions.

D'oh - my MNSSHP party tickets are for Thursday 9/29 - I know all of the party dates are sold out, but I wonder if they would let you change it to a different date? I'm on hold to ask now. I am guessing the party on 9/29 is going to get cancelled based on the current weather predictions.
Everything I've heard is that they're holding firm about not adding extra people to sold out dates, even in a case like yours where you're holding a valid ticket for another date.

Of course, a hurricane is a whole different ballgame than folks who have had to cancel their trips for various personal reasons. Definitely keep us updated.

You'd probably have a better chance switching to a Christmas party, if you can make that work at all for your group

You'd probably have a better chance switching to a Christmas party, if you can make that work at all for your group

Definitely a good idea and I saw some others who switched to MVMCP, unfortunately for me I already bought my tickets for MVMCP and won't be able to attend more than once.

Worst case scenario I either attend on the 29th and plan for lots of rain - or they will cancel and refund us.

Let us know what you find out can't call at the moment, but my wife and I were suppose to go on the 29th but definitely aren't driving down Thursday anymore. Wouldn't mind going next week if possible

Definitely a good idea and I saw some others who switched to MVMCP, unfortunately for me I already bought my tickets for MVMCP and won't be able to attend more than once.

Worst case scenario I either attend on the 29th and plan for lots of rain - or they will cancel and refund us.
Oh dang, well, at least you know you have another party coming up!

Yeah, sounds like it'll be really wet this week. Hope you get something to work out. I'm sure they'll have a lot wanting to cancel Thursday.

Maybe this is a change or just a fluke - but we were able to purchase Genie+ on 9/19 with just a party ticket (no Magic Kingdom park reservation or park hopper). We selected MK as our park in the My Day tab and it let us purchase and book.

We didn't arrive with stacked LLs - since most return times were almost immediate, we just churned through as many as we could between 4-5:30pm. Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder, Splash, and Under the Sea (we absolutely did not need a LL for that last one). We were also able to pre-purchase a LL+ for Seven Dwarfs. Standby waits were posted around 15-30 min during this period - so did we need Genie+? No. But it let us knock out some rides quickly and then focus on the party after 7pm.
Did you have a non hopper ticket and reservation at another park that day? I've seen others report this somehow makes you eligible for Genie+ in those pre-party hours even though your regular ticket wouldn't have gotten you into MK.

Just an update - so I called Disney ticketing, had to wait a little over an hour to talk to someone, but not that bad all things considered.

Right now the party is not cancelled and they are not allowing refunds or changes to a different date since all of the parties are sold out. I asked if they would be able to credit me the price of the ticket as a Disney Gift Card and they said no, the only thing I could do is apply the value of the ticket to another ticket such as a Park Ticket (doesn't help me as I'm an AP) or another Hard ticket event like MVMCP.

The CM did say I could apply it to my Annual Pass renewal, which is in June 2023 ...

She said if they do cancel the party (which they haven't yet) - I might be able to get a refund, but Disney has not officially announced anything about refunds. However, in past history they have offered refunds if they cancel a party. She said I would almost definitely not be allowed to switch to a different date for MNSSHP unless Disney increased the amount of people allowed for each party.

This is likely the 2nd time I've had MNSSHP cancelled on me, the first time we had it booked in October 2020 which of course was cancelled and I've never been to MNSSHP before. Maybe next year :)

Last edited:
I attended MNSSHP Sunday Sept 25. I'll share what we got done and my overall impressions and any tips in case that helps anyone else out.

We arrived at the MK around 3:30 and entered with our AP. The line at the party tap styles was very long and in direct heat. Once we entered we got in line for wristbands at the Chamber of Commerce. There were maybe 20 people ahead of us.

I attended with two others and we were all dressed in a group costume as Loki variants. I had a mishap with my Loki horns and ran next door to guest services to see what could be done. A lot of scotch tape and some staples later, we were hoping the band on my Loki horns would hold up, and surprisingly it held strong for the rest of the night.

Wristbands were handed out promptly at 4. Once we got ours we rushed over to the line for Jack and Sally, it was already very long and stretched out into the street. I am still unsure how that many people got ahead of us, as there weren't near that many ahead of us at Chamber of Commerce. I think the tap styles must have opened a bit early. We were soon funneled inside and settled down to wait. The line looked a lot longer than it was because people were still lined up in the same space to meet Mickey as day guests. The Jack and Sally line stretches down 3 long switch backs and the rest of the lines were for Mickey.

Jack and Sally started to meet at promptly 4:31. We had about an hour wait and we met them at 5:35. I didn't mine the hour wait, we were indoors in the air conditioning, we could sit for part of the wait and this was all bonus time as the party hadn't even started. Jack and Sally were excellent to meet, as usual. They are very chatty and fun.

They did not hand out candy bags or maps at the Chamber of Commerce, so our next stop was the bypass. They had bags for us there and maps, though we didn't take a map. As the Universal Studios AP commercials say 'I am the map'.

There were statues of the fab five in Halloween costumes that you could take pictures with. There were also some banners for MNSSHP if you wanted a pictures with those. We also got handed a pre-party half size Snickers bar.

Next stop for us was a Donald candy corn sipper at Sleepy Hollow refreshments. It was still not available to mobile order as of yesterday. We got to watch the fab five cavalcade go by as we waited.

It was around 6 at this time and we all got a corn dog so that we wouldn't waste valuable party time eating. This MNSSHP was a bit different than my usual party style. Usually I am all about the character meets and have very detailed and precise plans about which characters to meet and when. But this party didn't have any new characters, and not a lot that I hadn't met numerous times or that weren't available to meet any day. So I was a lot more relaxed than I typically am at these parties.

We were done eating around 6:30 and it started to sprinkle a bit. The weather radar had a bit of rain headed for us so we quickly ducked into IASW to wait out the rain. It was about a 5 minute wait and the rain was pretty much done when we were finished with the ride, so great timing!

It was about 5 minutes before party start. I wanted to check out Belle and Gaston's line but the Gaston's tavern area was empty. We checked out Belle's cottage and realized they were meeting there. We were second in line but were told Gaston wasn't available for that party, so I wonder if a lot of people who may have lined up ahead of us had bailed. Otherwise not sure how we were second in line right at party start. We decided to stay and had a nice meet with Belle.

We walked by and checked our Eric and Ariel's line but it was looking a bit long so we moved on. Our friend isn't as character obsessed as we are so we weren't planning to do any super long waits.

We checked out Space but the line was out the door so we skipped it for the moment and walked onto People mover. I always like to do the People mover during parties, it's a great way to check out costumes and watch the dance party. We also discovered the dramatic, creepy music and pitch darkness of Space, so we were determined to do that later.

We wanted to head to POTC, but on the way stopped at the old Stitch attraction and did the photo op inside. There was no wait and it was a CM taking pictures with your phone of a Mr Toad and Monsters Inc backdrop.

Got in line for POTC around 8, it was listed as a 25 minute wait but took more like 15. I don't think there would be much of a wait at all but the line gets backed up as people interact with the pirates in the queue. We saw two in the queue, and then two later in the bridge on the ride itself. They were pretty cool and amusing.

After POTC, one of our group headed to Starbucks (it was empty at this time of night) and the other 2 went and got our parade spot. We were very close to the start of the route across from Pecos Bill's. We got our spot at about 8:20. Not many people were waiting at that point, but it filled up rapidly around 8:30 for the 9:15 parade.

Headless Horseman stepped off at 9:09 and the parade started promptly. I think these were good seats, we were able to see everything as it started and we only had one row of people behind us. We sat while waiting for the parade and then stood, once standing there was space for the family behind us to also be in the front.

When the parade ended we bolted for Adventureland. The plan was to beat the parade to the front of the park and slip into Town Hall to meet Mickey with hopefully no wait. We walk pretty fast, but I was pretty astonished to see the parade already at the hub. I think it's because it's such a long parade. We ended up narrowly missing the beginning, so we were held at the rope across from guest services. Which was actually ok, we had front row spots to watch several of the floats again. They let us cross the road quickly after the pirate ship and we were able to get into town hall. We did end up having maybe a two minute wait for Mickey. Jack and Sally's line was also at the door to their area, so was prob down to 15-20 minutes. If anyone wants to meet Jack and Sally but can't/don't want to show up early, I think a valid strategy is to watch the parade next to Town Hall and duck inside as the last float is coming by.

It was now 9:50. I had hoped that if we saw the first parade, character lines would be much shorter during the second. That's why we decided to watch the first parade rather than the second, which can be much emptier and easier to find a spot to watch. We stopped at Starbucks for some waters and made the decision to head to Space to check the wait. Our friend was going to a second party later in the season so didn't care if we saw the fireworks, and to be honest I think Hallowishes was much better so I didn't mind missing these.

We got in line for Space and waited 10-15 minutes. It was pretty creepy with all the lights off, it was definitely an experience.

We did some trick or treating, and then saw a pretty short wait for the Tweedles. They did take their time with people, and we met them around 10:50. We then waited in a 10 minute line for Alice and the Mad Hatter.

I wanted to check character waits at Storybook Circus, and Goofy only had a few groups in line so we were meeting him by 11:12. We checked out the Dumbo circus tent where Donald, Daisy and Minnie were meeting and the line was very short. About a ten minute wait and we met all 3, they were meeting separately. They did a quick change out so that took a couple extra minutes.

We were out of there at 11:32 and got the two magic shots at the Circus area entrance with no wait. I think Eric and Ariel's line was capped at this time, so we did trick or treating and more magic shots with no wait. We then did two more magic shots near HM with a couple minute wait, and were walking into HM at 11:58. After that was finished we were able to walk up to the Hocus Pocus show and see the best part: I Put a Spell on You. After that we headed out. I feel it was a pretty successful night.

TIPS:
-candy: at the start of the party they were being very stingy. At the end they were shoving handfuls in your bags. We went through the Philharmagic spot (which was playing Sleepy Hollow again this year on their big screen) and the CMs filled our bags to the brim and tried to shove more in. People say this every year, but if you can make it to the end of the night there will be no waits and you'll get a ton of candy. I was pretty disappointed with the candy selection. We mostly got Snickers and I don't think anyone in our group particularly likes Snickers. If you do, you're going to have a great time.

-parade: The second parade my be emptier and easier to get a last minute spot, but we found that time during the second parade to be very valuable for short character waits. So if characters are important you may want to watch the first parade and meet characters during the second.

-stay hydrated. We had a relatively cool night, but dressing in a heavy coat, heavy cloak and chest piece armor, and a 3 piece suit maybe wasn't the best idea in FL in Sept. I think I may have actually had some heat exhaustions symptoms as we headed back to the car. I started to have a headache and felt nausea. If you start to get overheated take a break in Monster's Inc, they run the show continuously throughout the night and the only wait is the candy line wait to get in. Philharmagic also continuously plays Legend of Sleepy Hollow inside.

-costumes: let's face it, it's just more fun to attend these parties in costume. The CMs love it, other guests love it and so do the characters.

Anyone have any questions I might be able to help with? Going to end the post with some pics.

View attachment 705404

View attachment 705407

View attachment 705408

View attachment 705410

View attachment 705414

View attachment 705415

View attachment 705416

View attachment 705417

View attachment 705423

View attachment 705418
Thank you for the detailed account and I have to say I absolutely LOVE your Loki costumes (and alligator Loki is the cutest!). I haven't really dressed up for Halloween in years and am really looking forward to it for the party (we're going as characters from the Zelda games).

I went to the party on 9/2. We got to the parking lot at MK around 4:30 when it started to pour. On our way to MK, I was playing around with the app and saw that it was going to allow me to purchase Genie+ and LL passes. It let me go in and pick a time for the LL for the mine train but I backed out once it started thundering. I’m not sure if the transactions would’ve actually gone through since we didn’t have day tickets/reservations but we also aren’t pass holders and didn’t have any other tickets aside from the party tickets and it seemed like I was going to be able to make those purchases.

Looking back, I wish I would’ve gotten a screenshot but my husband and kids got tired of waiting in the car for the rain to stop so we made a mad dash to the monorail. Had to put my phone away to keep it from getting wet.

No prob cancelling tonight’s party. Upgraded to mvmcp +53 a person lol. Better than nothing.
It's a good option to be able to do that if it works for your vacation plans. It's a little annoying that Orange County is now under a hurricane watch (as of 11:??am today), and Disney won't refund tickets. There is a 100% chance of rain tonight, so there may not be any parades or shows, and outdoor rides may not operate. That has happened at other parties this year, as well, but a hurricane wasn't approaching Orlando on those days. Credit for party tickets not used will remain available until applied to another ticket purchase. The credits won't show anywhere on MDE, but cast members can apparently see them on their computers.

Just changed my Friday AM flight to early afternoon. Hopefully that one will not be cancelled. If not, I guess I'll be staying home...

I just called and they said the only way to get a ticket is to go to the gate the day of the party and hope there are some available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter