"Official" 2022 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you buy genie + for 4-6pm? I know for most people this is a waste of money. For my family they are terrible wait in line people and stacking rides for 4-6pm would cause me less stress😀

I think for MNSSHP the only table service open is Be Our Guest and Cinderella's Royal Table. They may do the same for the Christmas Party?
Though, the other table service restaurants like Tony's, The Plaza, Liberty Tavern, etc... a lot of them do offer reservations between 4 p.m. (when you can get in on a party ticket) and 7 p.m. (when the party starts). Some people prefer riding rides before the Party starts, but some grab these early dinner reservations to avoid getting hungry or waiting in long/limited quick service lines during the Party (assuming Christmas party is like Halloween party where there isn't any mobile ordering).

Though, the other table service restaurants like Tony's, The Plaza, Liberty Tavern, etc... a lot of them do offer reservations between 4 p.m. (when you can get in on a party ticket) and 7 p.m. (when the party starts). Some people prefer riding rides before the Party starts, but some grab these early dinner reservations to avoid getting hungry or waiting in long/limited quick service lines during the Party (assuming Christmas party is like Halloween party where there isn't any mobile ordering).

We just got tickets for the Nov 17th party and we are planning on grabbing a very early dinner around 4:30ish to make best use of the lower ride lines during the party!

Thanks for the dinner idea feedback. With a pescatarian in our group (not a veg), I was thinking Skipper's Canteen might work,but I'm not sure we want to get to MK early enough to eat there. I think we'll be at HS until 5ish. Wonder if I could make a ADR for Skippers at like 5:45pm? I guess I'll have a couple of choices for my ADR date in a few weeks.

Can you buy genie + for 4-6pm? I know for most people this is a waste of money. For my family they are terrible wait in line people and stacking rides for 4-6pm would cause me less stress😀
Piggybacking on this question…
So after 6pm it’s party guests only… so no genie+ options? You just assume lower wait times for attractions? Are they actually significantly lower?

Showing up at 4pm- same question as above, I assume you don’t have genie+ so are out of luck?

Piggybacking on this question…
So after 6pm it’s party guests only… so no genie+ options? You just assume lower wait times for attractions? Are they actually significantly lower?

Showing up at 4pm- same question as above, I assume you don’t have genie+ so are out of luck?
I've seen mixed reports on the Halloween Party thread. One or two folks said they have seen the option to buy Genie+ the morning that they had Party only (no normal Park) tickets, but they didn't buy it. The assumption is that it would work for rides until the park closes to day guests at 6 p.m... but that seems to just be an assumption as far as I can tell... haven't seen a first-person post yet of someone with Party-only tickets who bought it.

Could also check thrill data website (I've been doing this using the Halloween party dates) and you can see between 4-6 p.m. there are some rides with low wait times... as well as other times throughout the Party.

For those wondering about G+, you can buy it for on the day of the party, but only if you have a regular day ticket or an AP. If you have just a party ticket, it won't let you purchase G+.
G+ also stops working after 6:00pm, when the park officially closes, and it won't work during the party.

For those wondering about G+, you can buy it for on the day of the party, but only if you have a regular day ticket or an AP. If you have just a party ticket, it won't let you purchase G+.
G+ also stops working after 6:00pm, when the park officially closes, and it won't work during the party.
Can we book rides that overlap with the 6pm to 7pm time period? We have AP's, and will be in a park that morning. We wondered about booking a couple rides between 5pm & 7pm. Is that possible?

👋 this is our first time attending a party and I plan on purchasing it using gift cards I bought through Target to get 5% off and target cart wheel savings/husbands reward work points for giftcards and Disney Chase visa rewards…..so my ? Is since the longer I wait the more I can accumulate how long should I wait before purchasing, I know they can sale out, and I realize this is all gonna be based on opinions but that’s OK , we are looking at Thursday 11/17

also in case anyone here knows more about this ….. probably end up having to call I know…..I was about to redeem my Disney visa points for a redemption card and realized that I’ve already had two cards in the past several several years ago and since then I’m sure I tossed them after I used them, unaware that apparently you can only have two cards issued(I really don’t remember this role but it has been several years since I’ve had any Disney dollars)…… I guess there’s no way to delete these cards in your account or any way you can apply for a new redemption card? I know once I got to Disney I could get it at Customerservice but I actually need it to pay for Christmas party tickets in a few weeks

Can we book rides that overlap with the 6pm to 7pm time period? We have AP's, and will be in a park that morning. We wondered about booking a couple rides between 5pm & 7pm. Is that possible?
Yes for 5-6, no for 6-7. 6pm is when the park officially “closes” to nonparty guests, so that is when you can’t get G+ anymore.

👋 this is our first time attending a party and I plan on purchasing it using gift cards I bought through Target to get 5% off and target cart wheel savings/husbands reward work points for giftcards and Disney Chase visa rewards…..so my ? Is since the longer I wait the more I can accumulate how long should I wait before purchasing, I know they can sale out, and I realize this is all gonna be based on opinions but that’s OK , we are looking at Thursday 11/17

also in case anyone here knows more about this ….. probably end up having to call I know…..I was about to redeem my Disney visa points for a redemption card and realized that I’ve already had two cards in the past several several years ago and since then I’m sure I tossed them after I used them, unaware that apparently you can only have two cards issued(I really don’t remember this role but it has been several years since I’ve had any Disney dollars)…… I guess there’s no way to delete these cards in your account or any way you can apply for a new redemption card? I know once I got to Disney I could get it at Customerservice but I actually need it to pay for Christmas party tickets in a few weeks

You can call and they will delete the cards you no longer have and issue you a new one. I didn't know they were reusable and had given one to each of my grandkids for souvenirs. The phone # on the back of my redemption card is 800-436-7999. Hope this helps.

Waiting to buy is simply a risk; but I completely understand the reasoning. I would recommend getting the tickets as soon as possible; but within your comfort zone. Some on here may have better dates and historical stats; but in my limited party experience, I always booked at least 2 months in advance; not saying that will always work; but it has for me. This year I booked Nov 22 already. With a party of 8; I was not going to risk it. I also paid for it with GCs.

@AntJulie is correct. - I wanted to add: I've had the same card for 8 years and surprisingly it still works.

Looking forward to going to MVMCP again this year, we did the Merriest After hours last year and while it was fun, glad to have this back in the parks this year. Excited to hear some of the early reviews. Love MNSSHP, but Christmas has become my favorite time to visit.

Just grabbed tickets for Nov 11th, my fiesta Christmas party!! Debating if I want to get my daughter a park tickets to book some LLs for 4-7. An additional $140 so she can have some LL rides seems steep!!

My understanding is without a park ticket and just a party ticket you can’t get genie is that confirmed?
It’s been confirmed for MNSSHP - while you can still pull up G+ in MDE, party ticket only holders cannot purchase.

Have never been to MVMCP, but have gone to several MNSSHP's. I'm struggling to decide on Sunday 12/11 or Tuesday 12/13. Have seen some indication that the Tuesday ticket might be a better choice, but am hoping to gain a little insight here as to why?

As a side note, the 14th is my birthday and I had already planned on being at MK for the entire day to celebrate. That might make Sunday the 11th a better choice of MVMCP for me. Any thoughts either way would be great to hear.

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Have never been to MVMCP, but have gone to several MNSSHP's. I'm struggling to decide on Sunday 12/11 or Tuesday 12/13. Have seen some indication that the Tuesday ticket might be a better choice, but am hoping to gain a little insight here as to why?
Within the last 5 years or so, Sunday's have been selling out last and Tuesday's have been selling out first.
Why this is, is just a guess.
Lots of people say that Tuesday is the best day because it's a less popular day and the weekend crowds and locals will come for Friday's instead. Honestly though, I think that because of that way of thinking, people more than ever are choosing Tuesdays, making it sell out faster.
I've also heard some say that weekday parties (Tuesday & Thursday) may have a smaller attendance capacity. Although Disney does not release those numbers, I believe that is 100% not true.
We've been to Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday parties. Not one of them has any less crowds that the other.
Anytime the park closes early for a party will have less crowds than a normal day. The daytime on Sunday might be a little busier, only because it is the weekend. This is where a Tuesday/Thursday MK day option might be better.
The point of this is, just pick the best day that fits into your plans!

Within the last 5 years or so, Sunday's have been selling out last and Tuesday's have been selling out first.
Why this is, is just a guess.
Lots of people say that Tuesday is the best day because it's a less popular day and the weekend crowds and locals will come for Friday's instead. Honestly though, I think that because of that way of thinking, people more than ever are choosing Tuesdays, making it sell out faster.
I've also heard some say that weekday parties (Tuesday & Thursday) may have a smaller attendance capacity. Although Disney does not release those numbers, I believe that is 100% not true.
We've been to Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday parties. Not one of them has any less crowds that the other.
Anytime the park closes early for a party will have less crowds than a normal day. The daytime on Sunday might be a little busier, only because it is the weekend. This is where a Tuesday/Thursday MK day option might be better.
The point of this is, just pick the best day that fits into your plans!
Thank you for the reply, very helpful. I'll probably go with Sunday so I don't have to reconsider my birthday plans. Now to figure out what to wear...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter