"Official" 2022 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I missed it. But when I purchased the dessert party tickets this morning it gave me a time of 9PM. Were there different times or did everyone get that? This was for the seated dessert party at Tomorrow Land... Does that mean we can't check in until 9PM?

I'm on the West Coast so I did NOT get up at 3am PST to try and get the dessert party...but there was no problem booking 11/17 garden viewing at 7:15PST!

Question about dinner timing on a party night.
My ADR window opened recently and I booked a Tony's dinner at 4:30.
We have hoppers so we may be at the park before 4, but I figure this will get us into the park and fed before the party. I didn't think it would be a good idea to use party hours to eat.

Is that the consensus thinking, or is there a better way to eat on the party night?
thanks in advance!
edited: I found the list of open QS on the first post, so that question was answered. thnx

Question about dinner timing on a party night.
My ADR window opened recently and I booked a Tony's dinner at 4:30.
We have hoppers so we may be at the park before 4, but I figure this will get us into the park and fed before the party. I didn't think it would be a good idea to use party hours to eat.

Is that the consensus thinking, or is there a better way to eat on the party night?
thanks in advance!
edited: I found the list of open QS on the first post, so that question was answered. thnx
Everyone has widely different opinions on this.

For my crew, we like having dinner booked at the park. Since Party gets us in from 4-12, that is plenty of time for us to take an hour out (earlier, like you, so we don't miss dedicated party time) to rest and eat. Then we don't have to scout out limited quick service options during the party. I say do what works best for your group - and what you will enjoy the most!

This trip, we booked Liberty Tavern... trying to have a whole Christmas theme and I've heard this dinner/atmosphere might fit the bill (I've never been). We actually like Tony's a lot and booked Tony's when we did MNSSHP... it was so hot that day; a perfect cool down break for a non-stop party night.

Maybe I missed it. But when I purchased the dessert party tickets this morning it gave me a time of 9PM. Were there different times or did everyone get that? This was for the seated dessert party at Tomorrow Land... Does that mean we can't check in until 9PM?
If you look at the first page it says that the fireworks start at 10 pm and you are suppose to get there an hour ahead of time so I assume that the 9 pm is when you are suppose to get there. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

They start seating people and have the food and drinks available at 9. I think you can check in 20 or so minutes before but you won't get seated.

Tempted to book Minnie’s dessert party as I can’t get any availability for the regular dessert party.

We’re not that fussed on character meets but we’d like to see the parade, snow on Main Street, do SM with the Christmas theme and see the fireworks.

Seems like the dessert party would eat up quite a lot of party time but.. we’d have from 7-9pm to get done what we need…and I guess we could do the late parade

Whoa. I just noticed that the dessert party says you have to have a reservation for the same park on the same day. I don't have MK for my park reservation the day of the party, but I have MVMCP tickets. Is that good enough? (Sorry if this has already been asked).

Whoa. I just noticed that the dessert party says you have to have a reservation for the same park on the same day. I don't have MK for my park reservation the day of the party, but I have MVMCP tickets. Is that good enough? (Sorry if this has already been asked).
No you don't need the park reservations if you arrive after 4 pm.

Tempted to book Minnie’s dessert party as I can’t get any availability for the regular dessert party.

We’re not that fussed on character meets but we’d like to see the parade, snow on Main Street, do SM with the Christmas theme and see the fireworks.

Seems like the dessert party would eat up quite a lot of party time but.. we’d have from 7-9pm to get done what we need…and I guess we could do the late parade
For what it's worth - I did the Plaza Garden view dessert party during a Halloween party this year. My group went to the party, got our wristbands, had some treats, then some of them went to watch the parade on Main Street. I went to the Plaza Garden (you can take treats/drinks with you). I had an okay view of the parade - I could see the floats perfectly, the ground walkers/dancers not so much. The rest of my group got "front row" seats on the curb on Main Street and had a great view. As soon as the parade ended, they joined me at the Plaza Garden and we watched the Halloween fireworks with an awesome view. Once you check in at the dessert party, you can come and go as you please. You don't have to sit there the whole time if you don't want to. Sometimes my older kids have some treats and then run off to ride Tomorrowland rides, then come back. Another tip - sometimes, if we haven't eaten dinner yet, we pick up hot dogs from Casey's Corner and bring them with us to the dessert party.

For what it's worth - I did the Plaza Garden view dessert party during a Halloween party this year. My group went to the party, got our wristbands, had some treats, then some of them went to watch the parade on Main Street. I went to the Plaza Garden (you can take treats/drinks with you). I had an okay view of the parade - I could see the floats perfectly, the ground walkers/dancers not so much. The rest of my group got "front row" seats on the curb on Main Street and had a great view. As soon as the parade ended, they joined me at the Plaza Garden and we watched the Halloween fireworks with an awesome view. Once you check in at the dessert party, you can come and go as you please. You don't have to sit there the whole time if you don't want to. Sometimes my older kids have some treats and then run off to ride Tomorrowland rides, then come back. Another tip - sometimes, if we haven't eaten dinner yet, we pick up hot dogs from Casey's Corner and bring them with us to the dessert party.
That sounds much more doable, to come and go as you like. Sounds like you had a great experience!

We have our tix for MVMCP on December 18th and just saw that day is now sold out. I naively was thinking after making ADR's yesterday, that since I was able to get every dining res that we wanted, that maybe it wouldn't be so busy. Guess I was wrong! This is our first Christmas at WDW, so I am a little anxious about the crowds. So glad I was able to book a dessert party to get a good view of the fireworks, and a break from the hustle and bustle!

We have our tix for MVMCP on December 18th and just saw that day is now sold out. I naively was thinking after making ADR's yesterday, that since I was able to get every dining res that we wanted, that maybe it wouldn't be so busy. Guess I was wrong! This is our first Christmas at WDW, so I am a little anxious about the crowds. So glad I was able to book a dessert party to get a good view of the fireworks, and a break from the hustle and bustle!
If you go in expecting it to be packed to the gills, shoulder to shoulder, then you’ll be fine. Anything less will be a pleasant surprise. Peak time Disney visits require a lot of patience, planning, and most importantly, flexibility. But it’s still possible to have an awesome time!

I think it will depend on what they limited capacity to. I went to several sold-out after hours events and it was still great. Tons of room in the hub to watch the show and parade, and nothing was over a 10 minute wait except 7 Dwarfs. MVMCP is usually higher capacity than that, but I would imagine the fireworks are less crowded than a normal day.

Is the booking system down for enchanting extras? I can't figure out how to book or check availability.

We may go to MK in the morning and then go rest in the afternoon. If we arrive back at MK about 3:00 or 3:30 for the party, is there a place we can go ahead and enter using our day ticket, or are the crowds so bad it would be difficult to do? Then would we just need to go to a kiosk to get the wristband, or is it possible to do that at the gate if we show them that ticket, too?

We may go to MK in the morning and then go rest in the afternoon. If we arrive back at MK about 3:00 or 3:30 for the party, is there a place we can go ahead and enter using our day ticket, or are the crowds so bad it would be difficult to do? Then would we just need to go to a kiosk to get the wristband, or is it possible to do that at the gate if we show them that ticket, too?
Left side gates are normally reserved for non-party guests so you could enter there. I don’t believe wrist bands are available that early (inside or outside the park).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter