• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2022 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
I attended last night and the weather obviously didn’t cooperate but aside from that, a few thoughts-
They let entirely too many people into these parties. Honestly I think it’s getting sad and really disappointing that this is how they’re handling ticketed events. It’s at the point where it’s not even possible for everyone in attendance to comfortably watch the parade or fireworks. I don’t expect low crowds, but at the price point I would think it shouldn’t be a struggle to watch the entertainment.
The Halloween parties offer water, popcorn, etc. I was under the (obviously wrong) impression that snack carts would have options other than cookies and the sweet drinks which are offered at quick service locations. IMO, the Halloween party has better drink/snack options.
With that said, the parade was really beautiful. It’s a shame Disney overpacks these things to make them unenjoyable. I personally wouldn’t attend again.

I attended last night and the weather obviously didn’t cooperate but aside from that, a few thoughts-
They let entirely too many people into these parties. Honestly I think it’s getting sad and really disappointing that this is how they’re handling ticketed events. It’s at the point where it’s not even possible for everyone in attendance to comfortably watch the parade or fireworks. I don’t expect low crowds, but at the price point I would think it shouldn’t be a struggle to watch the entertainment.
The Halloween parties offer water, popcorn, etc. I was under the (obviously wrong) impression that snack carts would have options other than cookies and the sweet drinks which are offered at quick service locations. IMO, the Halloween party has better drink/snack options.
With that said, the parade was really beautiful. It’s a shame Disney overpacks these things to make them unenjoyable. I personally wouldn’t attend again.
Yes it doesn’t help that the app, up until yesterday, falsely indicated that popcorn & ice cream treats would be available in addition to cookies and cocoa. Clearly someone didn’t proof read after cutting and pasting the code from the Halloween Party info. So technically all tickets sold before yesterday were sold under false advertising. They could have at least offered the snowman soft pretzel that they’ve given out at previous MVMCP’s.

Last edited:

They are crowded but the bigger issue isn't so much how many people its the fact that because the characters, parade and fireworks are more unique to the parties so that means the vast majority of people want to do those more than other things. It's rare to be in the park during the day with ride lines all basically 30 mins or less, sometimes even walk on. We walked right onto space mountain during the halloween party.

They are crowded but the bigger issue isn't so much how many people its the fact that because the characters, parade and fireworks are more unique to the parties so that means the vast majority of people want to do those more than other things. It's rare to be in the park during the day with ride lines all basically 30 mins or less, sometimes even walk on. We walked right onto space mountain during the halloween party.
Agree and understand that this is the case. I still believe they need to account for this when determining capacity. Attendance should be limited to allow for comfortable viewing of the entertainment. It was not the case last night.

We went to Halloween After Hours last year (with included sodas/water/popcorn) and MNSSHP this year (with included Halloween Candy). We actually had much better (lower) crowds at the MNSSHP than at the Halloween After Hours... we were able to ride any ride with extremely low waits (and it was a clear, not rainy night). We also had fun at the After Hours last year (clear, not rainy night), but the fireworks/show were significantly more crowded (as day guests and Party guests both were attending) and it was less time at MK (both years we had event tickets only)... for After Hours you got into the park at 7 p.m. (not 4 p.m.).

Aside from the frustration about proofing on Disney's materials (in my past life, I was a marketing director and know how those mistakes can cause upset... I also know we are all human, and that was one person's mistake... a lot less people doing a lot more work these days in every industry... I've been there, so I'm gonna go with grace), I have a feeling we are going to love the MVMCP!

We are going to keep watching the feedback, but have a good idea of our must dos and a plan that will work for us to avoid waiting and crowds (assuming the weather doesn't cancel shows - we are doing late parade and last stage show... really helps crowds/waits in other areas of the park if you are doing other things during the earlier parade and stage shows). Also going to think of back-up must-dos in case of weather like last night (what will occupy us... actually make my crew wait to meet Eeyore???? LOL)

There is no doubt that last night was incredibly rough with the weather... hard to plan for attendees and Disney. I watched a few of the live streams - ugh! Disney had to cancel shows / parades out of safety concerns for the CMs. Guessing it increased crowds for a single performance/showing when those crowds would have been spread out over 2-3 performances throughout the evening.

Also noticed (despite Dwarfs not being there), there were a TON of character meet and greets open for the Party including Moana, Jack (Sandy Claws?) & Sally, Santa, Pooh & Friends, holiday Mickey / Minnie / Daisy / Donald / Scrooge, Santa Goofy, princesses, Tweedle Dee / Dum and many more.

Hugs to everyone there last night and many good thoughts for everyone with Parties coming up!

Last edited:

We went to Halloween After Hours last year (with included sodas/water/popcorn) and MNSSHP this year (with included Halloween Candy). We actually had much better (lower) crowds at the MNSSHP than at the Halloween After Hours... we were able to ride any ride with extremely low waits (and it was a clear, not rainy night). We also had fun at the After Hours last year (clear, not rainy night), but the fireworks/show were significantly more crowded (as day guests and Party guests both were attending) and it was less time at MK (both years we had event tickets only)... for After Hours you got into the park at 7 p.m. (not 4 p.m.).

Aside from the frustration about proofing on Disney's materials (in my past life, I was a marketing director and know how those mistakes can cause upset), I have a feeling we are going to love the MVMCP!

We are going to keep watching the feedback, but have a good idea of our must dos and a plan that will work for us to avoid waiting and crowds (assuming the weather doesn't cancel shows - we are doing late parade and last stage show... really helps crowds/waits in other areas of the park if you are doing other things during the earlier parade and stage shows). Also going to think of back-up must-dos in case of weather like last night (what will occupy us... actually make my crew wait to meet Eeyore???? LOL)

There is no doubt that last night was incredibly rough with the weather... hard to plan for attendees and Disney. I watched a few of the live streams - ugh! Disney had to cancel shows / parades out of safety concerns for the CMs. Guessing it increased crowds for a single performance/showing when those crowds would have been spread out over 2-3 performances throughout the evening.

Also noticed (despite Dwarfs not being there), there were a TON of character meet and greets open for the Party including Moana, Jack (Sandy Claws?) & Sally, Santa, Pooh & Friends, holiday Micky / Minnie / Daisy / Donald / Scrooge, Santa Goofy, princesses, Tweedle Dee / Dum and many more.

Hugs to everyone there last night and many good thoughts for everyone with Parties coming up!

Thanks for the commentary on last night's party. I would love to see your plan when you have it finalized!

Agree and understand that this is the case. I still believe they need to account for this when determining capacity. Attendance should be limited to allow for comfortable viewing of the entertainment. It was not the case last night.

There would be so few tickets then being sold which would lead to even more complaints as people can't eve get tickets or they would charge crazy high prices for it.

I think as ticket prices have gotten higher people buying them are going for the party exclusives not for short ride lines. Years ago many people bought party tickets since the price was great and they knew they could ride everything super easy so they did that instead of a day ticket.

Thanks for the commentary on last night's party. I would love to see your plan when you have it finalized!
LOL - I'm one of those Disney-geeks with a written out outline for the night... we follow it, but don't hold ourselves to it if something else catches our eye. Has worked well for our day visits and those two Halloween events... for us anyway... we don't wait for things unless it is an absolute must do... waits of 5-15 mins, sure... maybe 30 if we can't go without. Otherwise, we find something else to make us happy... :santa: :eeyore:

Can anyone confirm if tickets were available for last night's party at ticket services? Was there a sold out sign out front? Thanks!

Does anyone have a photo of Minnie from last night? Trying to see her attire this year to match my daughter.

Also, how was the space mountain overlay?

Does anyone have a photo of Minnie from last night? Trying to see her attire this year to match my daughter.

Also, how was the space mountain overlay?
If you watch the video of the parade that was just posted, you will see her at 1:02 in the video. Super cute outfit!

I don’t have a picture but wanted to say that’s a super cute idea!!

Thank you 🥰
If you watch the video of the parade that was just posted, you will see her at 1:02 in the video. Super cute outfit!
Thank you! I found a photo and it’s like she did meet and greets in a different dress with a candy cane pattern on the bottom. This is cute, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter