"Official" 2022 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
He starts meeting at 4:30 but you can start getting in line (with a wristband) at 4! There will be different locations throughout the park where if you are already in the park you can go up to them and they’ll give you the wristband after verifying your party ticket!
A few weeks ago at MNSSHP, DW and I were already in MK, and we were lined up in front of Chamber of Commerce before 4pm to get our wristbands. We were approx #25 in line. They opened up the floodgates of people outside the park a few minutes early, but they didn't start distributing wristbands at CoC until right at 4. It was just a few minutes until we got our wristbands and headed across the street, but the line to see Jack and Sally was already a couple of hours long. :( We'll be there for one of the MVMCP, but won't make that mistake again.

So I know someone who was there at the first party and confirmed to me that there was no party exclusive merchandise at all. Is this going to be how it is or do they just not have it yet? If they don't just have it yet, to be honest, that is a bit ridiculous. They have all the regular Christmas merch so there should be no excuse of "supply chain." If they are just not having exclusive merch, that really devalues my very expensive ticket in my opinion. I am hoping for more feedback about this in the next couple of parties. Anyone else upset about this or am I just being petty?

Attending party on 12/4 and also interested in meeting Jack and Sally...thanks to those who have already given some past experiences/advice. Seems like best way might be to line up outside of MK, get wristband, then get in line so...as the parties go along, if anyone can give their experiences on "when" they start letting party guests into MK AND approx what time to get to MK to be one of the first to get wristband I would REALLY appreciate that.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
This is more of a rhetorical question, but looking at the MVMCP map - why does Disney need "Corporate Sponsors" for this kind of thing?

So I know someone who was there at the first party and confirmed to me that there was no party exclusive merchandise at all. Is this going to be how it is or do they just not have it yet? If they don't just have it yet, to be honest, that is a bit ridiculous. They have all the regular Christmas merch so there should be no excuse of "supply chain." If they are just not having exclusive merch, that really devalues my very expensive ticket in my opinion. I am hoping for more feedback about this in the next couple of parties. Anyone else upset about this or am I just being petty?
No doubt there are a lot of considerations that range from supply chain issues (don't want to upset customers) to profit potential (Disney being a business and wanting to profit). If shipments get delayed for party merch - dated specific party items don't have a solid market after December, where as generic holiday gear does have a market. If Disney advertises party merch and shipments get delayed, customers are not happy.

This year I've just started choosing grace and making an effort to look for the good. I've looked back over the last few years and began to realize how much I complain when something doesn't go as expected - it really made me disappointed in myself. I've decided if I feel strongly about something, I'm going to work to send constructive feedback to the source. I'm sure I'll screw up... a lot!!!!, but this is the new plan.

On the flip side, I love the ornament that is included with the cost of the Party ticket... so much more than a cheaper trinket or cookie. And, I really like some of the Christmas merchandise (I'm looking at you Santa Mickey jersey sweatshirt). Etsy also has some great ways to personalize things for the Party (I know it's not the same as buying at the party, but will save time in line at the Emporium on Party night... LOL).

Watched a couple of videos, Now wish I could come to Disney for Christmas.

Curse my partner being a teacher and the costs of flights in school holiday times !

No doubt there are a lot of considerations that range from supply chain issues (don't want to upset customers) to profit potential (Disney being a business and wanting to profit). If shipments get delayed for party merch - dated specific party items don't have a solid market after December, where as generic holiday gear does have a market. If Disney advertises party merch and shipments get delayed, customers are not happy.

This year I've just started choosing grace and making an effort to look for the good. I've looked back over the last few years and began to realize how much I complain when something doesn't go as expected - it really made me disappointed in myself. I've decided if I feel strongly about something, I'm going to work to send constructive feedback to the source. I'm sure I'll screw up... a lot!!!!, but this is the new plan.

On the flip side, I love the ornament that is included with the cost of the Party ticket... so much more than a cheaper trinket or cookie. And, I really like some of the Christmas merchandise (I'm looking at you Santa Mickey jersey sweatshirt). Etsy also has some great ways to personalize things for the Party (I know it's not the same as buying at the party, but will save time in line at the Emporium on Party night... LOL).
Grace is great and all and it will certainly be given to the workers on the front. I would never harass them over it, but when a multi-BILLION dollar corporation is marketing a special ticketed event for $150+ and there has ALWAYS been exclusive merchandise for those who buy tickets, don't you think it is fair as a consumer to hold them accountable and have certain expectations? I already bought enough off of Etsy for this trip. Really only bought from small businesses off there to support them. Pretty sure somewhere in the $700 range (DON'T JUDGE! lol). But one of the many reasons I did buy my tickets for the party was the expectation that there will be exclusive items for purchase. Ornaments for example are my FAVORITE. And again, supply chain is not a valid excuse. They have regular Christmas merch, no reason they shouldn't have the party merch yet. I highly doubt profit potential is a thought for them. They already know they will make a killing on it, they had the Halloween party merch, no? I really do appreciate your feedback and I feel it is valuable and constructive, but I personally just think they need to do better. And again, this is not on the CM's doing the hard work in the parks. I could never even imagine putting it on them or even questioning them about it.

Mickey's Most Merriest Celebration during the first Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party saw rain and inclement weather, so the show had to be modified. Here's a video of what it looked like!

Grace is great and all and it will certainly be given to the workers on the front. I would never harass them over it, but when a multi-BILLION dollar corporation is marketing a special ticketed event for $150+ and there has ALWAYS been exclusive merchandise for those who buy tickets, don't you think it is fair as a consumer to hold them accountable and have certain expectations? I already bought enough off of Etsy for this trip. Really only bought from small businesses off there to support them. Pretty sure somewhere in the $700 range (DON'T JUDGE! lol). But one of the many reasons I did buy my tickets for the party was the expectation that there will be exclusive items for purchase. Ornaments for example are my FAVORITE. And again, supply chain is not a valid excuse. They have regular Christmas merch, no reason they shouldn't have the party merch yet. I highly doubt profit potential is a thought for them. They already know they will make a killing on it, they had the Halloween party merch, no? I really do appreciate your feedback and I feel it is valuable and constructive, but I personally just think they need to do better. And again, this is not on the CM's doing the hard work in the parks. I could never even imagine putting it on them or even questioning them about it.
Your frustration sounds real. If you feel the value is no longer there for you all for the Party, I'd call Disney - hopefully a CM can transfer your party tickets to another day at the park since it is related to changes in expectations. I've seen other folks post where they were able to cancel and get credit for non-party tickets.

Your frustration sounds real. If you feel the value is no longer there for you all for the Party, I'd call Disney - hopefully a CM can transfer your party tickets to another day at the park since it is related to changes in expectations. I've seen other folks post where they were able to cancel and get credit for non-party tickets.
Well no, we are still going. But I still have an expectation of what my $150 ticket should include. Is that a a problem? I’m not sure why we should lower our expectations when past years have had certain things. That’s just strange to me.

Well no, we are still going. But I still have an expectation of what my $150 ticket should include. Is that a a problem? I’m not sure why we should lower our expectations when past years have had certain things. That’s just strange to me.
There will always be changes, good and bad. As they shift, probably a good sanity check each year to weigh the differences versus the cost of the tickets... and decide if it's a worthwhile investment for the buyer.

Glad to hear you are going to go and enjoy!

I think on the flipside you would probably have people complaining that they don't have access to certain merchandise unless they bought $150+ ticket for an event and that they have to spend money to spend more money. It's tough either way

Agree with this 100%! We tried to eat dinner at our first MNSSHP(2018) at Cosmic Rays, but the lines were so long the meal took over an hour. Very valuable time lost. This is our first MVMCP, and we have a 445pm res at BOG for a late lunch/early dinner before the party. Leaves plenty of time to eat cookies and holiday treats!
Happy you mentioned this. I’d booked an ADR for Diamond Horseshoe and was wondering if it was worth cancelling then grabbing a QS.

Looks like an early sit down is better - I got a time for 4:50 and it looks like the same menu as LTT so at least it will be festive

This being my first MVMCP I am disappointed that there’s no party merch. I would’ve been happy with just a t-shirt or a pin. However, when I think about the fact that it will save me a bunch of money (always bought tons of MNSSHP merch) and party time (check out lines and running around to get certain things at certain locations), yeeeeeeah I’m still bummed. Lol.

My friend and I decided last minute to see if we could get tickets to tonight’s party. We showed up at the Ticket Center at Disney Springs just now (4:30 PM), and walked out with 2 tickets in under three minutes. I thought I’d have to guilt them by giving them my “sog story” about Tuesday’s very rainy party, but it was totally painless.

So, just an update in case anyone is looking for last minute tickets!

Hi , I agree they should event specific merchandise.
We were at Moonlight Magic in July and there was no merchandise there either .
They could have sold hundreds if not thousands of t-shirts.
I am also disappointed, we are going 12/13

My friend and I decided last minute to see if we could get tickets to tonight’s party. We showed up at the Ticket Center at Disney Springs just now (4:30 PM), and walked out with 2 tickets in under three minutes. I thought I’d have to guilt them by giving them my “sog story” about Tuesday’s very rainy party, but it was totally painless.

So, just an update in case anyone is looking for last minute tickets!
I think that is great! I'm guessing availability opened up with folks that canceled in the last few days because of the storm. Hope you have awesome low crowds and an amazing Party!

There’s no musicbox popcorn buckets at the party tonight fyi because the hurricane delayed the shipment. They might have them tomorrow they said. They have the toy story ones though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter