"Official" 2022 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grace is great and all and it will certainly be given to the workers on the front. I would never harass them over it, but when a multi-BILLION dollar corporation is marketing a special ticketed event for $150+ and there has ALWAYS been exclusive merchandise for those who buy tickets, don't you think it is fair as a consumer to hold them accountable and have certain expectations? I already bought enough off of Etsy for this trip. Really only bought from small businesses off there to support them. Pretty sure somewhere in the $700 range (DON'T JUDGE! lol). But one of the many reasons I did buy my tickets for the party was the expectation that there will be exclusive items for purchase. Ornaments for example are my FAVORITE. And again, supply chain is not a valid excuse. They have regular Christmas merch, no reason they shouldn't have the party merch yet. I highly doubt profit potential is a thought for them. They already know they will make a killing on it, they had the Halloween party merch, no? I really do appreciate your feedback and I feel it is valuable and constructive, but I personally just think they need to do better. And again, this is not on the CM's doing the hard work in the parks. I could never even imagine putting it on them or even questioning them about it.

I wonder if part of the no party merchandise is they hadn't decided on if they were returning or not and in what format when it was time to design and purchase the merchandise.

Is this thread also used to buy/sell tickets to the event? Apologies if not, just didn't know if that was done on the site anywhere.
No. Disney tickets are non-transferable. Also, DISboards does not allow transactions that will cause members to exchange funds.

Advertising to sell/purchase tickets is not allowed on DISboards.

Thank you.

Just to clarify…

I skimmed over posts 1 & 3 and if I understand correctly, no photo ops are included with admission correct? Looks like only option is to purchase one-day Photopass? Which is fine; I just didn’t want to purchase it if some photos were included with party admission.

Debating on whether I should add this party to my vacation. I’ll be taking my sister to universal from Dec 11 to 16. The MVMCP is not sold on on our dates. She’s never been to Disney, or on a vacation anywhere, so I’d love to add it, but ugh the cost of this event is making me hesitant. Our dollar is so weak right now, that it would cost me $500 in my local currency just for tickets. Then I’d be spending money on transportation to and from the Universal area, and of course on food! That’s a ridiculous amount of $$ to spend on one evening, isn’t it ?

Debating on whether I should add this party to my vacation. I’ll be taking my sister to universal from Dec 11 to 16. The MVMCP is not sold on on our dates. She’s never been to Disney, or on a vacation anywhere, so I’d love to add it, but ugh the cost of this event is making me hesitant. Our dollar is so weak right now, that it would cost me $500 in my local currency just for tickets. Then I’d be spending money on transportation to and from the Universal area, and of course on food! That’s a ridiculous amount of $$ to spend on one evening, isn’t it ?
It's all about priorities. Vacation is supposed to be FUN. Keep that in mind while planning.

Respectfully, that is really a personal decision.

For some, it’s a no hesitation-YES-too expensive and for others it’s a NO-wouldn’t miss it no matter what it costs!

Are there other things you’d rather do with that money? Can you truly afford it or would it be burdensome? Would spending on the party require you to sacrifice in some other aspect of your trip?

As for food, you’d be spending on that no matter where you are so that’s really a wash, transportation is minimal so not a huge expense. It’s really the cost of the tickets.

Only you can decide what you’d rather choose.
Either way, enjoy your trip!!!

But I did get tickets for Universal’s Christmas party, so we w
Respectfully, that is really a personal decision.

For some, it’s a no hesitation-YES-too expensive and for others it’s a NO-wouldn’t miss it no matter what it costs!

Are there other things you’d rather do with that money? Can you truly afford it or would it be burdensome? Would spending on the party require you to sacrifice in some other aspect of your trip?

As for food, you’d be spending on that no matter where you are so that’s really a wash, transportation is minimal so not a huge expense. It’s really the cost of the tickets.

Only you can decide what you’d rather choose.
Either way, enjoy your trip!!!
wouldn’t an Uber from universal (staying onsite) to DS be about $80 round trip? And I definitely agree that’s it’s an individual’s decision on how to spend their hard/earned vacation dollar. I’m really going back and forth on this.

But I did get tickets for Universal’s Christmas party, so we w

wouldn’t an Uber from universal (staying onsite) to DS be about $80 round trip? And I definitely agree that’s it’s an individual’s decision on how to spend their hard/earned vacation dollar. I’m really going back and forth on this.

probably closer to 60ish with tip depending. That’s the cost now form portifino bay to contempt

I wonder if part of the no party merchandise is they hadn't decided on if they were returning or not and in what format when it was time to design and purchase the merchandise.
That is my thought especially considering wine and dine weekend was back to pre-pandemic levels of merch options (they hadn’t had race specific headbands since 2018 for instance)

For Halloween party funny enough I did see a party specific Magic Band (2.0 style) at pin traders at springs in early October as well as a shirt that same day in world of Disney with Jack Skellington & the Sandersons that might of been meant for the party though not outright saying so like the band did

Trying to figure out a battle plan for the party. Got 4PM Plaza ADRs and the dessert party. Big things for us are party-exclusive photopass shots and characters. I'm guessing once we finish at the Plaza (5:30 at the latest since we are a party of two adults), we can run to Seven Dwarves and then dash to Nick and Judy before the dessert party? How bad are the waits for the characters so far? Or would it be smart to drop The Plaza so we can hop in line early for Seven Dwarves?
Edit: Cancelling The Plaza. Will have snacks or QS at the hotel (Contemporary/BLT) before heading to the party.

Last edited:
Dinner question from someone who hasn’t done a hard-ticket party in many years: do the QS locations temporarily close at some point pre-party? I have a vague recollection of that happening long ago. I’m aiming to eat dinner around 5-5:30 and wondering what options I’ll have available.

Does anyone know what the healthy alternative to the free cookies is?
They don’t have a “healthy” alternative but they are offering an allergy friendly type of cookie.
Taken from a blog post I came across: These are the allergy friendly cookies available at Cosmic Rays upon request. They also have sugar-free Werther's hard candies available at Pinnochio Village Haus upon request.

WDW-2022-MVMCP-Cosmic-Rays-Allergy-Friendly-and-Snickerdoodle-with-Hot-Cocoa-7-1200x900.jpeg

Last edited:
oing to be how it is or do they just not have it yet? If they don't just have it yet, to be honest, that is a bit ridiculous. They have all the regular Christmas merch so there should be no excuse of "supply chain." If they are just not having exclusive merch, that really devalues my very expensive ticket in my opinion. I am hoping for more feedback about this in the next couple of parties. Anyone else upset about this o
As someone whose kid didn't buy a MVMCP pin in 2019 and I told her to plan to buy one this year, I'm super upset spaghet :(

question from someone who hasn’t done a hard-ticket party in many years: do the QS locations temporarily close at some point pre-party? I have a vague recollection of that happening long ago. I’m aiming to eat dinner around 5-5:30 and wondering what options I’ll have available.
Some QS locations will be open during the party and they should be listed on the map. It's usually one per 'land'

Opinions. If I can get my hands on that music box popcorn bucket, think I can bring it in a carryon on a plane?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter