"Official" 2022 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any history of Disney making additional tickets available after a date appears sold out?

I recall it happening twice, both happened because of HORRIBLE weather forecasts so an anticipated light turnout. Not horrible as in rain, horrible as in there is a hurricane bearing down on us.

Has anyone attended one of the Dessert Parties this year at the Christmas Party and can report whether or not they were serving alcohol? It was mentioned here several times before that the event description changed from previous parties to only state it includes "alcohol-free libations". Still trying to figure out of the Dessert Party is worth the cost for us....
I’m not 100% sure because I was only walking by when they were setting up the drink tables but I saw many beer glasses and wine glasses lined up.

That's a great idea...I never thought of doing that.....we have a dessert party planned for Dec. 7th...not a party night but I still like your ideas!
We've also made extra use of the time by turning the dessert party into dinner by picking up Casey's Corner hot dogs and bringing them over to the dessert party. Lots of people bring in Quick Serve food to eat before having dessert.

I think it will depend on what they limited capacity to. I went to several sold-out after hours events and it was still great. Tons of room in the hub to watch the show and parade, and nothing was over a 10 minute wait except 7 Dwarfs. MVMCP is usually higher capacity than that, but I would imagine the fireworks are less crowded than a normal day.
Now that I'm back from a sold out party, I can confirm crowds were very low. 7 Dwarfs was about 25 minutes, but be aware that they shut the line down for part of the party due to fireworks. Jingle Cruise was also 20 to 30 minutes. Everything else was 10 minutes or less, and cookie station lines moved fast.

Now that I'm back from a sold out party, I can confirm crowds were very low. 7 Dwarfs was about 25 minutes, but be aware that they shut the line down for part of the party due to fireworks. Jingle Cruise was also 20 to 30 minutes. Everything else was 10 minutes or less, and cookie station lines moved fast.
Thank you for posting! I appreciate it.

This may have already been asked. We have the dessert party booked for garden view. We also wanted to see the first parade. Will this dessert party cause us not to have a Main Street view spot for the parade? I think our dessert party ticket said check in at 8:00. I’ll have to double check the time.

For the people who have gone to the 2nd parade. How much time do you need to give to get a spot on Main Street for the second parade? My plan potentially is watch fireworks, make our way towards the castle for the stage show, then head down Main Street to find a spot for the parade.

I'd love some advice from people who have done the TT dessert party and watched the first parade. Is this even possible? The parade starts at 8:30, but I'm guessing it won't get to the hub until around 9 which is when we are supposed to check in for the dessert party. Since we are really hoping to get a good spot for the parade, I'm wondering if we should just cancel the dessert party? Idk if my mom and niece will last much past the fireworks, or I'd just plan on the later parade.

I'd love some advice from people who have done the TT dessert party and watched the first parade. Is this even possible? The parade starts at 8:30, but I'm guessing it won't get to the hub until around 9 which is when we are supposed to check in for the dessert party. Since we are really hoping to get a good spot for the parade, I'm wondering if we should just cancel the dessert party? Idk if my mom and niece will last much past the fireworks, or I'd just plan on the later parade.
I did the dessert party for MNSSHP earlier this year. We checked in, got our wristbands, had some treats and drinks, then the rest of my family group ran off to Main St to watch the first parade. There were 6 of them. They left the dessert party about 15 min before the parade and got curbside seats on Main Street. I strolled over to the Plaza Garden reserved viewing area and watched the early parade from there. I could see and hear most of the parade really well. I could see all of the floats, of course, but only had a sketchy view of the ground walkers/dancers. I was one of about 5 people watching the parade from the Plaza Garden dessert party reserved viewing area. It was nice watching the parade with zero crowd. After the parade, the rest of my group left Main Street and popped back into the dessert party to grab some more treats to bring over for the fireworks.

That's good news, my DD loves rare characters, we know Jack and Sally will be out but can you share if you saw/experienced any other rare characters at the party you attended?
Thanks

For the people who have gone to the 2nd parade. How much time do you need to give to get a spot on Main Street for the second parade? My plan potentially is watch fireworks, make our way towards the castle for the stage show, then head down Main Street to find a spot for the parade.
We did exactly what you said here but by the time we got to the Main Street it was already packed with about 3 rows of people.

If you really want to have good views during the 11pm parade at Main Street (snope adds a lot to the ambiance!), you should watch the 9:25pm stage show and 10pm fireworks near the castle, then shop around at Main Street before finding a spot for the 11pm parade.

I thought the point of this party is I didn't have to go line up for these things an hour before?

I was just gonna walk to the fireworks like 15 mins before they start. Same with the parade

Annoying. First time going. Still gonna have a blast though:fish:
Line ups are definitely short for the rides but party event stuff like the stage shows, character meets and parade will be crowded. Having said that, it's not as crowded as normal days and if you are okay with some people in front of you blocking your view, then you should be fine with arriving 15 minutes before. Don't worry about it and have fun!!

Line ups are definitely short for the rides but party event stuff like the stage shows, character meets and parade will be crowded. Having said that, it's not as crowded as normal days and if you are okay with some people in front of you blocking your view, then you should be fine with arriving 15 minutes before. Don't worry about it and have fun!!

Oh yeah I am fine with that. I don't need front row action or anything lol. Most of those floats are high

Oh yeah I am fine with that. I don't need front row action or anything lol. Most of those floats are high
For me I get an ‘okay’ view to experience while there but line you, don’t want to spend precious party time waiting. After the party I watch things on YouTube to see the details I missed. Videos are amazing these days!

Can someone tell me about transportation back to the resorts at the end of the party?
Specifically, looking for how to get back to Swan and Dolphin?

thanking in advance.

Does the parade take the same route as MNSSHP? We got caught by the parade near Haunted Mansion when trying to leave and don’t want to repeat

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter