Official 2023 Halloween Horror Nights 32 (Orlando)

Last night was amazing. No crowds anywhere, short waits at even the marquee houses, and perfect weather. When we went to Blood Moon about 11:30, we were the only ones in the entire queue building, and the guy at the Express scanner said it had been like that most of the night. We had the whole Dark Zodiac scare zone to ourselves. Hoping it's like that again tonight!

Just wondering if you had any luck with this?
Hopefully they at least gave you a gift card or something.

Unfortunately no. I used two different payment methods; cc and $500 prepaid Visa. She told me as a one-time courtesy, she would refund the total amount plus the price increase but I would loose the $500 because I no longer had the Visa. In essence I would get back $475 but loose the $500, obviously not worth it.

I think the reason she avoided my calls was because she had to listen to our recorded conversation, in which she stated she would apply the AP discount. Period. Honestly, she never mentioned anything about price increase, that she would have to refund me then apply AP discount to the current price point. Nothing.

Again, had I been told all this in the beginning I would have done things quite differently. Live & learn. I don't understand why she couldn't apply the discount to my original purchase.

Unfortunately no. I used two different payment methods; cc and $500 prepaid Visa. She told me as a one-time courtesy, she would refund the total amount plus the price increase but I would loose the $500 because I no longer had the Visa. In essence I would get back $475 but loose the $500, obviously not worth it.

I think the reason she avoided my calls was because she had to listen to our recorded conversation, in which she stated she would apply the AP discount. Period. Honestly, she never mentioned anything about price increase, that she would have to refund me then apply AP discount to the current price point. Nothing.

Again, had I been told all this in the beginning I would have done things quite differently. Live & learn. I don't understand why she couldn't apply the discount to my original purchase.
Sorry to hear that I am very surprised they could not just give you a universal gift card for the difference.

So... did they every mark down the HHN merch?
I saw some of the ST stuff 30% but that was about it.

I was expecting it to be marked down by the Sunday before Halloween, but no such luck.
TBH I was not thrilled with what they had anyway - there was nothing other than some of the Little Boo stuff that even looked interesting to me.

Seem like much of the good stuff came out early and was very limited with the house announcements.
Don't even see it on their website anymore.

So... did they every mark down the HHN merch?
I saw some of the ST stuff 30% but that was about it.

I was expecting it to be marked down by the Sunday before Halloween, but no such luck.
TBH I was not thrilled with what they had anyway - there was nothing other than some of the Little Boo stuff that even looked interesting to me.

Seem like much of the good stuff came out early and was very limited with the house announcements.
Don't even see it on their website anymore.

I read on another site someone said they got 70% off HHN stuff in the Citywalk store last night. Not sure how much they were still selling.

I think they got t-shirts.

They marked a lot of stuff down to 50% off on Wed then down to 70% off on Fri.
Thanks - I was really expecting it the Sunday before Halloween or the Monday - one of the reason I stayed late on teh Monday, but no such luck.

Like I said there was not much of interest this year IMO, compared to previous years anyway, but Im sure other might disagree.

I was sooo hoping to find some things on sale online, like last year there were a few T-shirts, cups, etc .but this year, everything completely disappeared from the online store on halloween. bummer.

Yeah - I got a t-shirt for 50% off on Wed because I didn't think they'd mark it down further before I left on Friday... so on Friday I bought a sweatshirt as consolation for paying more than necessary for the t-shirt. But an $18 sweatshirt is a good deal so I'm happy.

Like I said there was not much of interest this year IMO, compared to previous years anyway, but Im sure other might disagree.
Think you might be right, seems there are loads of items still to sell!

Don’t understand why they took it off of online. I remember they discounted it online too last year
Yeah I've been looking - there was very little on the site site a week or so ago - and then it was all gone in a day so not sure if they are just selling it in the store.

Also - Ive seen that they have occasional "garage sales" where they sell all this old stuff off very cheap - so maybe they do that now instead of taking up retail space IDK.

This guy seemed to do very well at it

Everything was marked down 70% on Friday (and passholder discount was valid on top of that). I got a Hellfire Club shirt in CityWalk Friday night for $10, and a See You in the Fog shirt at the tribute store Saturday for $8. Reasonable range of sizes available, though I think M and L stuff was a bit more limited.

While it’s meant to be an internal thing for the cast, it’s a big deal to win the house of the year. Fans eagerly await it every year. A bit of an upset this go-round.

haters going to hate

IMG_4163.jpeg

But the “bear” facts are, Yeti took it this year. :banana:

IMG_4162.jpeg

:thanks::love1: To the all HHN scareactors for giving us a little piece of their ❤️ again this year.:worship:

While it’s meant to be an internal thing for the cast, it’s a big deal to win the house of the year. Fans eagerly await it every year. A bit of an upset this go-round.

haters going to hate

View attachment 808636

But the “bear” facts are, Yeti took it this year. :banana:

View attachment 808637

:thanks::love1: To the all HHN scareactors for giving us a little piece of their ❤️ again this year.:worship:
PXL_20231026_215638255.jpg

I did find the Yeti house to be my favorite.

Did not enjoy it the first time through, same for most of the houses other than Dueling Dragons.

The thing that really made the difference was the two behind the screams tour.
There is just so much you miss in the conga lines and unless you listens to the podcasts and really follow things you are not going to know the back story.

Really made a difference for Yeti and well as Blood Moon - that said I did find the sets very impressive after my first walkthrough and after the first night Blood Moon was my favorite - but after 10+ I have to go with Yeti.

Yes you get the basics when you walk thought it - but once you get all that background it really adds to it.

The disadvantage is once you know a few things its very disappointing when the things are not there. Like sometimes I did Blood Moon and\or stranger Things and the Demogorgon was not at the end.

Sometimes I did Chucky and the SA between the two sections at the fake exit was not there - he was a lot of fun and you could interact with him as it was a speaking role...although when he called my Pops I was a little put out ;) Did not realize I was that old :( but yeah I guess I am.

At the scenes in Blood Moon with the maypole - there is a girl there who is really good and she is picking out her targets for later in the walkthrough - far too many times she was not there.

In Yeti there were yeti's missing at different times and my last several walkthrough the one armed ranger was missing, One time the Kid was missing. A few times the really tall yeti. Also the old prospector (or what ever he was) was missing and relaced with a young guy that really did not match the old voice.

In general that was a big issue this year for me - missing SAs.

Also although I know I have said the many times already - the lack of SAs in scare zones was really ridiculous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter