"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How was the party last night?
Did they have the parade and Hocus Pocus shows?

We attended last night and had a really great time. A little bit of light rain between 5pm and 6pm or so. Then a very light rain for a few minutes during the final parade at the end of the night. All the shows went off as scheduled. We were able to see the stage show, fireworks, and parade while riding a bunch of rides and hitting a many of the candy spots. We were also able to grab a Tron boarding group that was called after it was dark which was really cool. We grabbed dinner at Pecos Bill around 5pm and practically had the restaurant to ourselves. The party was awesome and overall one of best days at Disney. Only downside was our concerns about those in the path of the storm. We hope everyone is okay.

Building on the question above, do they restrict lining up for the popcorn bucket? When we went to get the haunted mansion protrait tarts (loved them) the CM would not let anyone line up until 7 pm.

I see a line for the popcorn bucket whenever bloggers walk by they don’t share what time it is.

We passed through the castle hub a little after 6pm and there was a line at one of the stands that was probably 50 people. It did not look like they were on sale yet.

I've seen a vlog where the line was massive at the start of the party at one booth for the bucket. But a bit later on in the night in another booth that sells the bucket had about 5 people in the line. I think people go a bit crazy at the start and then it settles down.
I wouldn’t want to carry it all day (we’ve had an orange bird sipper stollen once from a stroller) but we’re going on 10/31 and a lot of the merchandise tends to sell out.

Attended the 8/25 party, wanted to share my quick report!
Arrived to MK 4:20pm, through the gates 4:40pm. Those 20 minutes felt DRAINING & hot, can't imagine waiting around for hours to get in. After we got our wristbands we went right to meet Mickey to get an AC break.
We were in the park 4:40-11:40pm (2 adults, 2 kids). Our priority was rides & the parade.
We got done 13 rides: Laugh Floor, Pirates, People Mover, Buzz, Tron, Dumbo, Barnstormer, Teacups, Flying Carpets, Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Mine Train.
We saw the 9:15 parade, and the fireworks.
We watched the parade from Frontierland, and immediately after walked into Adventureland and were 3rd party in line for the Jasmine & Genie M&G at 9:30. This was a fantastic strategy if Jasmine/Genie are a priority!
We only did 2 trick or treat locations - early on lines were long and we had no interest in waiting, by the end of the night we were just still prioritizing rides.
Ride times were a mix of accurate & slightly inflated. Lots of 15 minute wait times ended up being 5 minutes or less. 25 minutes for mine train at the end of the night was exactly accurate. HM was listed at 25 at one point and we were on the ride vehicle in 9. Note about HM, we went through at 10:30 and the live actors were not out at that point. I've heard a few other reports of them not being out post fireworks, so keep that in mind if a priority to see them.
Tron with rider swap was a piece of cake! Both groups were done with their rides in less than 20 minutes total, walked right on when it was our turn.

Glad to answer any questions about our experience!

Turns out my husband and all my kids have commitments on my late Sept birthday. I just saw where MNSSHP still had tickets available. Considering treating myself and going solo - anyone done this? Thoughts?
I've been to MNSSHP a few times in previous years and all but two of those parties were solo. I have enjoyed the parties enough that I am going solo to another MNSSHP in a couple of weeks from now!

But I also do solo WDW trips so I'm fairly used to being on my own in WDW...

Is Casey's corner open during the party? The list one page 1 says no but the Map has it listed. Also, does the open quick services have their normal menu as well or just the exclusive food?

Is Casey's corner open during the party? The list one page 1 says no but the Map has it listed. Also, does the open quick services have their normal menu as well or just the exclusive food?

Casey's is open. Most QS places also serve their regular menu, but it could depend on the restaurant. I know places like Cosmic Ray's and Pecos Bill do for example.

Looking for some feedback on Tron VQ during the party, how long are people waiting for it the VQ?

On our party night (22nd) we tried and got the VQ right at 6 (went quickly from what I understand). The call back was at about 7:15 and we didn't stop walking until the load area. We were off the ride and at the locker to get our stuff by 7:35 and out on to a trick or treat trail over to Storybook circus by 7:45.

Looking for some feedback on Tron VQ during the party, how long are people waiting for it the VQ?
We utilized rider swap - both groups were on and done within 20 minutes total. I know that for me personally when it was my turn in the swap, it was essentially a walk on (maybe a 2-3 minute wait just right there in the boarding area).

I am excited about our upcoming MNSSHP. Unfortunately, my husband tripped over his own feet last week and fractured his foot so he will be in a walking boot and riding an ECV; he is weight bearing.

I think Haunted Mansion and Buzz will stop the moving walkway if you use the alternate entrance, correct? Pooh might be an option. Not sure if he wants to try 7DMT. Any other rides he might be able to do? I was thinking of the WDW Railroad before park close. He's good with the parade, fireworks, villians show, treat stations, and party exclusive food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter